• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Well, You Thought Wrong

glitchedgamer

GET EQUIPPED WITH
Have you ever thought something was true in the Pokemon world only to later find out it wasn't?

I used think Farfetch'd evolved into Doduo for the longest time. I never train Farfetch'd, so I never realized it doesn't evolve. Also, up until about 4 days go, I always thought Ghost was a special type in the first 3 generations. Apparently it is a physical type. Does that make ANY sense???

The only two damage-dealing Ghost-type attacks in RBY were Lick and Night Shade. The latter does set damage. So my guess is that Ghost is physical because Lick is.

I've heard of many people who though Gyarados was Water/Dragon. But, I though it was a pure Water-type until the day I caught the nigh obligatory shiny Gyarados from G/S/C.

Also, I remember one day in R/S/E when I faced a Sableye in a high level and spent a good time trying to figure out what type could it have a weakness. Of course, I was frustrated. :P

Also, I remember one day in R/S/E when I faced a Sableye in a high level and spent a good time trying to figure out what type could it have a weakness. Of course, I was frustrated. :P

Ouch XD. How long did it take you realize what a waste of time that was?

It took me aaaages to realize that Graveler and Golem existed; I'd always assumed that geodude evolved into Onix.

When I was younger, I knew that Dark was weak to Fighting and another type, but I didn't know what the second type was. I thought it was Poison, and upon being proven wrong, thought it was Ground.

I spent a couple of weeks trying to get Ekans by breeding Seviper after watching that infamous episode of the anime.

I also thought that Latios and Latias could only be caught with Premier Balls, all legendaries had "hidden genders," and until recently thought that Ghost was weak to Psychic.

...Ghost was physical? Waitwait, so then why did Shadow Ball drop Sp. Def? No wonder my Vaporeon's Shadow Ball did so little damage in FireRed.

And for the longest time, I thought that Ground was weak to Psychic. I don't know why.

I don't remember when I exactly stopped thinking this, but I remember when I was younger I used to think Togetic evolved into Lugia. Uhm, oh yes. I'm not sure how relevant this is, but I didn't think the master ball was anything special the first time I got it (crystal) and so I just caught some random Ponyta with it. I didn't find out my mistake for a while.

When I was little I thought Mew evolved Mewtwo and Mewtwo evolved into Mega-Mewtwo(Mewtwo with his suit from the movie). Yeah...

I don't remember when I exactly stopped thinking this, but I remember when I was younger I used to think Togetic evolved into Lugia. Uhm, oh yes. I'm not sure how relevant this is, but I didn't think the master ball was anything special the first time I got it (crystal) and so I just caught some random Ponyta with it. I didn't find out my mistake for a while.

I did that too O_o. I even used it on a Ponyta. Boy was I angry when I found out I couldn't get it back.

You find a Great Ball, and later get to a shop which sells them, and you find an Ultra Ball, and later get to a shop which sells them too. In Silver, I found a Master Ball, and used it on Lapras.

Last edited:
I did that too O_o. I even used it on a Ponyta. Boy was I angry when I found out I couldn't get it back.

You think that's bad? I used my first masterball on a Raticate.

I thought that Probopass was genderless for quite a while.

Turns out it can be both male and female, whoops.

I thought nosepass was genderless till I fought the first gym in pokemno R/S/E.
Plus, I thought that mirage island is a nintendo event, till yesterday. And I didnt realize that Golbat evolves trough happines and not trough trading- I thought that way for quite a while, until I looked on the GPX Plus.

Also, in Red(old), I thought kadabra evolves by level, and I thought the cave to lavender is impossible to pass- no wonder I trained kadabra up to level 90 in Diglett cave. Also, I lost the game. Finally, in leafgreen, I believed that Zubat can learn psychic and that haunter(wtf?) can learn brick-break.

Also, I lost the game.

:[

Before I got any games, I thought Geodude evolved into Onix. I also thought Gligar was a Poison-type (i don't get why it's ground). And I thought Grass was weak to Psychic, from using Psychic on all those Grass/Poison types on Pokémon Stadium :P

Thought that Rock was immune to Electric too until I used Thunderbolt on an Aerodactyl in Stadium in my work. One of my friends proceeded to "correct" me by saying that immunities were negated if the Pokémon you're attacking's other type is weak to the attack. She told me that Thunderbolt had successfully hit a Swampert, but we've never determined if it was a glitch or never actually happened.

Back
Top Bottom