• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What kind of people do you hang out with?

My friend group at school (my school is all-girls, though we do have guy friends elsewhere) is a bunch of music nerds, mostly vocalists with the exception of one piano/drums genius who kinda does voice on the side now. I guess we're kinda the losers in our grade, even if the school is relatively non-clique like. We have a few girls who have friends outside the group (not counting one sophomore who's friends with all of us), but me and two others kinda just have our group (at school, of course).

Our guy friends consist of one taken college guy (who lives in Boston), one taken high-school-guy, two gay kids and one straight kid who has a bizarre tendency to not wear anything. And give guys lap dances.

NERDS
1239883733_Angry_Video_Game_Nerd.gif

#tcod, people who are in my classes (who tend to be awesome) and various fashionistas

Ugh god /yes/

My ENFP nature is sad :c

I think all my herping and derping makes them feel even smarter and that's why they let me hang around. :C I'm only barely coherent on the interwebs, oflfine I'm the biggest herp derp and I'd probably lose my head if it weren't attached to my shoulders.

Not a lot of people really, except one close friend and some sisters from the mosque on occasion. My social life stretching as far as study-buddies is really all I need, and I'm happy with that. As for an emotional support group, sometimes I would like that, but I realise I don't need it. A study support group, however, I think I need. I'm studying and I'm stuck and need help with it. I would also like someone to practice tai chi with outside lessons.

To be honest I prefer to hang out with people I consider close family, even if they aren't blood relatives.

Let's put it this way;

I'm Hermione, I hang out with Harry and Ron since they share most of my classes. Neville is almost always there (he actually LOOKS like Neville too!) even if he has a lesson he's supposed to at.
And Cormac McLaggen just won't leave me alone D:

We started noticing the similarities when one of us said "maths is to us what magic is to Harry Potter". That replaced calling us the "three mathsketeers" almost immediately.

Stuff we do together include Pokémon Pictionary and discussing maths/physics/computing problems we've thought of. Though funnily enough even though all three of us do that kind of thing, I'm the only one considered a nerd.

I hang out with my small group of friends:

One of them is a general nerd, interested in stuff like robotics and stagehand stuff. He likes technology, but sometimes is a little blunt and a tad bit aggressive.
Then there's my better friend. He is a hardcore Trekkie, and knows nearly everything about the franchise. Also, he's good with computers and makes a hobby of looking around the Y:/ drive on the school computers.
Finally, there is my best friend. He is a major history Buff, and the one directly above him is the only one that actually understands most of what he says. I, on the other hand, have to keep asking what they're talking about (even though I try to keep up). Anyway, he's also the best-looking of all of us, and is in the school's acting brigade. Honestly, he's the most rounded of all of us.

My main friends are all older than me and we all kind of hang around in the school library. We're all social outcasts, hence the fact that we spend all our time there, but they're actually amazing people and it's a wonder they have to be there in the first place. :3

Well, my school friends are mostly anime geeks in the grade above me, plus 1 in my class.

Otherwise, I hang with other anime and gaming geeks, most of them cosplayers. One of my best friends are in this group, and she's pretty funny a friend and awesome to be with. We laugh a lot, and have lots of inside jokes. There's also I've had since I was... 8 or 9, and... well, she's the friend I've had longest. She also lives very close, so I can go to her whenever I want :D I still remember one summer vacation some years ago when we visited each other almost every day to play Pokémon (she had Gold and Silver, I had Crystal) and link the games. She's also really cool to be with. There's also another friend I'm with often, she's great to be with and talk to.

For internet friends, there's mostly people from other forums(and this one, of course.),the others are a Norwegian Nintendo forum and a Hetalia RP forum. They are all are filled with cool people xD

Last edited:
Erm, quite a mixture really. I have two main groups, I guess you could say, which kind of overlap with each other since they share several members (If not most of them) - one is the sort of nerds-who-don't-act-like-nerds-but-are-nerds who hang out in our old Physics teacher's classroom at lunch and play D&D and Magic: The Gathering and such (while I sort of hover around reading French literature and such), and the other is a large-ish group of mostly girls to whom... no particular description fits. Except I guess they're all pretty intelligent! 'A's everywhere and such.

But I'm also friends with quite a lot of people unrelated to either group, and occasionally I'll sit with them and their friends or whatever at breaks/lunches/frees. It feels awkward at first, but, hey, it lets you meet new people...!

My friends are awesome. C: We've all hung out with eachother for about four or five years, though this year a bunch of other people were added.

We have the resident nerd, resident goth, the resident flaming dyke (no really, it's awesome), and then the rest of us are just geeky, unpopular, hilarious people! One of us is actually rather popular, or at least was, before she started dating me and migrated to our group full-time (because we're just that brilliant). It's quite amusing.

Also, we're all pretty LGBT. We usually have one token straight person, and then everyone else inexplicably being bisexual females. We have a theory that maybe we have some sort of innate homing device... yeah.

I hang out with gamers and nerds. And some rocker dudes when they happen to be around. Also the elite when I'm in Brussels. But mostly nerds, dorks, and people.

Fuckit it's so good to be me.

Actually the best place I hang out is my room

Myers Briggs keeps giving me different answers. Now it's ISTJ. Makes sense.

Last edited:
Asians. ... Like three of my four best irl friends are asian. And yeah they're smarter than me ofc. (One is saludatorian and already has a $16/hr job, sobsob)

Back
Top Bottom