• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

When you eat an apple, do you leave the core?

When you eat an apple, do you leave the core?

• Yes

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Ticky (technically clicky but)

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
Sometimes I eat the core, when I'm feeling it or can't find a foreseeable place to throw the core away. Otherwise I just eat the apple down to the point that the core is falling apart.

I want an apple now D:

I eat the core! I used to think there was some reason not to, but hey, it tastes good and I don't think it does anything bad.

Yeah, I leave the core - I carefully chew my way around it. I'm not very fond of the texture of the core; and I wouldn't want to swallow any apple seeds.

I don't. I find it all chewy and not chewy at the same time. Tastes okay, I just don't like the feel of it while eating.

I don't eat the core of an apple. However, I do eat the shells on sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Does that count?

I used to think there was some reason not to, but hey, it tastes good and I don't think it does anything bad.

Apple seeds actually have a cyanide compound in them. [link] But it's not a large enough amount to be dangerous if you eat a couple of seeds. And I feel like I'm just restating the article, so you can read the rest of it if you're interested.

I sometimes do and sometimes don't. We have this apple slicer thing that cuts it into like 10 slices and cuts out the core, and whenever I use that, I usually take a couple of bits out of the core before I throw it away. If I'm just eating it whole, I might eat the core if I really don't feel like getting up to throw it away.

I love apples, but I never eat the core. I either throw it out or give it to one of my rabbits.

Back
Top Bottom