• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Who's your favourite human character?

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
There's so many human characters in Pokémon that there's now a mobile game about collecting them instead of Pokémon. Who's your favourite?

Figment

Gamer™
Pronoun
he/him
There's probably no way I could pick ONE favourite. So I'll just split them into multiple categories.

Main Character: Gold/Ethan (Nate as a close second)
Rival: Bede (Silver as a close second)
Kanto Gym Leader: Brock (Probably due to the anime)
Johto Gym Leader: Falkner
Hoenn Gym Leader: Norman
Sinnoh Gym Leader: Volkner
Unova Gym Leader: Roxie
Kalos Gym Leader: Clemont (also probably due to the anime)
Trial Captain: Sophocles (once again, anime)
Galar Gym Leader: Piers
Elite Four: Grimsley
Champion: Steven (Cynthia close second)
Frontier Brain: Palmer

IndigoClaudia

It's mafia time again
Pronoun
Ask; Try She/Her
Lillie
just Lillie

(i do like other characters but lillie makes it in first place)

Last edited:

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Pronoun
she/her
At least in the games, definitely Guzma, Gladion and Lillie, followed by N, followed by Hop probably. I mostly just drink it up when characters have subtlety and psychological depth, which isn't usually a huge focus in this franchise but when there is a glimmer of it I just latch onto it harder. The sublime goddamn environmental storytelling around Team Skull is just one of my favorite things in any Pokémon game and Guzma is deeply my type of troubled and dealing with it with anger and a tough-guy persona. Gladion and Lillie as these abused kids who are strong and good in their different ways. N is just a good, so sincere and well-intentioned if manipulated, and again with some very neat environmental storytelling with his room which was really my jam. And Hop's arc is really cool and I love it? The way he starts out all confidence, and then slowly loses confidence as he loses to you, and starts swapping out his Pokémon, only to finally find himself and start using his Dubwool again, is wonderful. I love that, more please, this is what I want from my Pokémon games.

ミ☆ ᴍyᴜᴍᴀ

Flowers. So many of the same. So many unneeded.
Pronoun
she, they
N would take the cake if it wasn't for Gladion and Lillie. Butterfree states the reasons they're great characters quite well in the post above me. Special mentions to Cynthia (for being 10 year old me's fashion icon), and Silver (for the surprising amount of depth in his backstory and the way he slowly becomes more caring).

kyeugh

Pronoun
she/her
And Hop's arc is really cool and I love it? The way he starts out all confidence, and then slowly loses confidence as he loses to you, and starts swapping out his Pokémon, only to finally find himself and start using his Dubwool again, is wonderful. I love that, more please, this is what I want from my Pokémon games.
wow. i never noticed this about hop's team before, that's awesome. makes me love him even more. i hear a lot of complaint about hop and i just don't really understand it, i thought he was a really great character.

N is my boy, although that's probably due in no small part to fanon. i barely remember what he's actually like in the games anymore, it's been so long. grimsley is a character who i thought was really great in bw already, and who got an unexpected but awesome cameo in USUM, which made me love him even more. i also like piers, zinnia, and nanu.

storm

aiat
Pronoun
they/them
silver is the original fave - I loved his arc and the expansion it got in hgss, as well as the subtle hints of his growth through his team. lance is my favourite champion out of sheer nostalgia, I think, but I also really like cyrus, n, gladion and lillie!

shoutout to sword and shield for also making a bunch of fun and quirky gym leaders, rivals and a champion in what was a very.... streamlined game experience. I am fond of that entire cast! (and twilight wings spending a bit more time with them was a delight)