• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Why i'm posting on this forum again

LadyJirachu

I love girly things :)
Pronoun
she
I mean, I guess I should state why?

Its because I MISS 2004 a bit right now. For reasons I won't even get into.

But, I guess posting around here helps it feel 2004-like again for me. And connects me more with my older Pokemon fandom again too.

Pokemon has helped me make so many friends :D Both in 2004, and also in resent years too (thanks to the crush i developed on Korrina from x and y).

I really am considering being a Pokemon fan for the rest of my life. I may not of grown up with pokemon, like a lot of other people have, and, in many ways, i'm probably waaaaay more of a girly girl overall than a lot of other pokemon fans i've met....

But. Pokemon has probably helped me with my life, my autism, ext more than maybe anything else in the entire world has.

Thats special right there :)

EDIT: Also, not stating my age, of course, but I don't like when people see my crush as a 'harmful' thing. Just remember that Korrina isn't a real person. Also, my obsession with her has a lot to do with my being autistic. Autistic people do take things to extremes a lot. But she comforts me, and i'm not harming other people or commiting crimes liking her. She's pure fantasy that just helps me feel more in tune with pokemon overall and overall, not a real person. So please no getting butt hurt over her. If you do get butt hurt, though, it ain't my problem. Its your own.

Also she has no real age (they never gave her one). Though many people think she may be a young adult (early 20s-ish). And THE MANGA kind of proves this (theres a line she says that says to me she is probably an adult)!!! But, even so, she's a fictional character.

Last edited:

iamdavid01

Pronoun
he, she, they
Hi Girachu,
Pokémon allowed me to feel comfortable losing myself and not realizing how others view me. I'm in control and you've taught me that it's okay to spend time alone and that it's not weird to not be social.
Pokémon was one of the rare games on the market at the time that wasn't geared towards a specific genre. Although you can only play as a male character in the first two generations of Pokémon, the game itself hasn't been advertised as a male fighting sim or anything like that. You can name your character and Pokemon whatever you want, and the goal is to catch them all. Still now, just with a lot of options. That's why he has a fan base and a strong place in us.