• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your parents' opinion on Pokémon?

Spoon

Pronoun
she
Your parents' opinion on Pokémon?

I thought it be an interesting topic to explore. Not much more to say other than discuss.

(My parents know a few of the Pokémon, since I used to live and breathe Pokémon. My mom probably knows more than my dad, and occassionally jokes around about it. My parents don't really care about my liking Pokémon. My mom has driven me about 90 minutes there and back to go to the Toy 'R' Us event with some friends. So they're pretty cool about it.)

Last edited:
Re: Your parents' opinion on Pokémon?

That technology is the root of all evil, and that I'm too old for this crap. That sums it up in one sentence.

My parents know I like the series, though I don't think they're sure of the extent of it. My dad is a little bit shocked that I still like it, though he's pretty glad I'm not completely addicted to it.

I have gotten the "Aren't we a little old for this?" lecture a few times, but currently, they understand that I like it.

Eh. Last time I bought a Pokémon game they knew about was the day Diamond and Pearl came out. (I've found ways to get around them.) So they don't really know much about my life obbsesion. (Pokémon, music and Martial Arts, but I'm not gonna stick with Martial arts for more then a few more years.) They wouldn't consider driving me to anything, much less an 'event'. Or something to do with Pokémon. Of course, I'm naturally good at finding ways around things, so I've been managing to say "Oh, we haven't seen (Insert relative here) in a while. We should visit him." Then I can grab the event, but no. I watch the series behind everyone's backs, am addicted but don't show it, y'know. I bet they wouldn't be too thrilled if they knew I still loved Pokémon, but look at some fans. In their twenties and still love Pokémon.

My dad is fine with my obsession. His friend got me a giant pikachu cuddle pillow.

My mother knows what a Charizard is. They don't seem to care one way or the other about whether or not I play Pokémon. I'm lucky, I guess.

Mine are fine with it. Of course, they're worried that my obsession is getting unhealthy. But I can do other things. Like Karate.

My parents don't particularly care lol
I haven't talked to them about it for years anyway

"You are NINETEEN years old, what are you still doing playing with Pokeyman?"

My brother's 22, he gets it worse than I do.

My parents don't really care... Me and all of my younger sisters like Pokemon, and my parents take us to the events and take me to reserve new games and stuff. So yeah. I think to them it's just another one of those random things I love.

They are like "It is not a bad thing to like it, but don't get obsessed with eet~ I'd like to ssee you play other things too, you know D:" Which I do. The strange (awesome? I dunno) thing is that mum's pretty interested on knowing some of the Pokemons ("That's a Squirtle, right? S'that any good?") and doesn't mind the countless drawings. So uhh lucky I guess? But then again i'm a bit younger then some of the current threadgoers so.

My parents couldn't care less that Pokémon is marketed for a younger age group than fifteen. I actually managed to get my dad to play some of Blue until he got bored of it.

My parents are okay with it.

Really, my parents don't care what I'm interested in unless it somehow involves lots of violence/blood/gore/sex or what have you. Luckily, I am not a big fan of violence/blood/gore/sex.

My parents doesn't seem to care much for it, they're fine with it. They don't really care much for what I'm interested in as long as it's not gory stuff of pr0n.

My dad plays Pokemon more than I do.

Back
Top Bottom