• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Metal Wing: Liquid (1 spot left!)

Dragon_night

Kudo's if you get what the title spins off from. Anyway, I had this up on another forum, but it was a dieing and dead forum, so I'm posting it here.

I guess it'll be three people to start playing, with a total of six people.

The story

Years ago, a strange virus, caused by an alien species of Pokemon, infected all living beings on the planet. The virus had a degree of varying effects depending on who was infected. For most humans, it mean utter death. For most Pokemon, it meant being turned violent and mindless.

Once the whole world had been infected, what was called 'the cleaning' began. The humans, who were not affected by the virus, recapped and built a city in which no Pokemon lived or could get to. The name was given because even out of the living humans, many were shot and killed on the spot for being too suspicious. While in the outside world, the Pokemon fought and ravaged, the humans became ignorant of it all. Only a select few inside a council that controlled the city has any knowledge of what's outside.

A hundred years passed since 'the cleaning' and the Council has decided they need more land for human survival. The population is on the rise, passing more then ten thousand humans, and more and more of the agricultural land is being used for a living space.

That's where we come in. Using machines and altering our DNA structures, they created us. Our powers range, but are nothing too fancy. (Basically, your characters have pokemon powers, although,m you don't have to choose a specific pokemon, it's just abnormal powers that you have)

Our mission is to scout around the outer city walls and create safe passage for builders.

Little do we know, it might be harder than thought possible.

~~~~

And finally, the rules.

-No taking control of other people's characters

-No causing major story events unless otherwise told to

-Include sockpuppets somewhere in your application

-DO NOT USE CHAT ROOM OR 1337 5P34|<!!11! (least I kill you)

- I might ask for changes in you power, or add in weaknesses to balance it.

-As for the weaknesses, your character is like a human Pokemon with a type (you don't have to say, just use common logic), so s/he'll be weak against something.

-I don't know, the usual rules I guess.

-And a minimum of four sentences per post please.

He be my sign up.

Name: Alex Sky

Appearance: Tall with long limbs but little muscle. Black ruffled hair that fall's past his ears. A simple baggy black T-shirt and blue jeans.

Personality: Very intelligent and very isolated. Can say the wrong things at the wrong time, but always tells whats what. Not much of a leader, and always listening to others unless he thinks otherwise.

Power: Along with heightened strength, he has large metal wings that 'unfold' from his back. It's also hard to damage him, considering he's half robot, but some hits can cause damage to his hard drive. Being a cyborg, he stays away from electricity, water, fire, fighting and ground moves (unless he's flying).

And for copy and pasting ease for your application:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Power:

You won't be needing any history, besides things you could have with other players. Basically, your history is inside a lab, but if you feel like you want to make one, go ahead, just don't make it alter the story much.

Well, enjoy!

Last edited:
Re: Metal Wing: Liquid

Name: John Drake

Appearance: Heavily built and tall, with short yellow/brown hair. He wears Black trousers and boots and a green shirt.

Personality: Quiet, he prefers to stay at the side and support others rather than acting himself (although he will when he has to or is alone)

Power: He can use a range of elemental moves, such as fire, water/ice and electricity. and also has some physical strength, however this is very unrefined. He suffers to ice, dragon, fighting, poison and psychic attacks

At some point, something he feels is somehow significant entered his brain, however he is only aware it is there, and knows nothing about it other than that is is somehow related to sockpuppets

Last edited:

((The title is a play on Metal gear: Solid, yes? I'll post my form soon, maybe.))

first rp yay :D

Name: Byron

Appearance: Scrawny, brown hair and grey eyes. Hair about probably average for a guy (or something :3). Usually wears a random t-shirt and tight jeans with a patch of talking sockpuppets sewn on.

Personality: Not outgoing unless he's provoked; has bad anger issues. He is very intelligent and likes things that use a lot of strategy. He will usually stay quiet unless someone else starts the conversation. If needed, he will usually become a voluntary sacrifice.

Power: He is in bad physical shape; however he can read both thoughts and emotions and come up with a strategy that best suits the battle. Somehow in the lab he found how to visual project, so he can alter things' appearances as long as he keeps his focus on it. He is weak to pretty much anything physical; like fighting, rock, ground, steel, etc.

Last edited:

Take 2::

Name: Byron

Appearance: Scrawny, brown hair and grey eyes. Hair about probably average for a guy (or something :3). Usually wears a random t-shirt and tight jeans.

Personality: Not outgoing unless he's provoked; has bad anger issues. He is very intelligent and likes things that use a lot of strategy. He will usually stay quiet unless someone else starts the conversation. If needed, he will usually become a voluntary sacrifice.

Power: He is in bad physical shape; however he can read both thoughts and emotions and come up with a strategy that best suits the battle. Somehow in the lab he found how to visual project, so he can alter things' appearances as long as he keeps his focus on it. He is weak to pretty much anything physical; like fighting, rock, ground, steel, etc.

You're still forgetting to include a certain word in your application.

Errrr, wait, never mind. You included it in your first one ~_~

Accepted

Erm... why sockpuppets?:p

Name: Brandon

Appearance: He's about 6 feet tall, dark-skinned, and muscular. His head is cleanly shaved, except for a neat combination mustache-beard-goatee, completely black. He can be seen wearing a black sleeveless athletic shirt and long, black with gold trim, elastic shorts. Brandon also wears a stylistic pair of sunglasses.

Personality: Brandon is rather competitive and confident in his own abilities. He prefers a 'strike first, ask questions later' style, and is not afraid to argue if things aren't done his way. He does respect those who he feels are pulling their own weight, but if someone's slacking off, he'd be one of the first to let them know.

Power: Brandon is quite physically fast and strong, and can blend into shadows. He also can use a number of physical and elemental punches. He has the weaknesses of a combination dark/fighting type as well, however.

Last edited:

Kali the Flygon's

Accepted.

Erm... why sockpuppets?:p

Just random I guess :P

Okay, we can have three more people join, but right now, I'm starting the RP :)

~~~

"So, we're just going to throw them out there and hope for the best?"

What?

"We'll have some form of communication."

"So! You're still throwing them out there by themselves!"

"It's for the good of the city. We need more land, and those damn Pokemon out there have too much of it."

"Don't give me that political crap, you and I know perfectly what's really out there."

Where am I? Who's talking!?

"The opportunity came. Lets just say I'm getting a two for one deal. Now, wake them up, we need to brief them."

"I'll bring this up in one of the meeting..."

"Wait until I'm out of the room you idiot!"

"It's not me, he's been awake for a while."

Are they talking about me?

"Just wake them up and walk away. I'll give the instructions after a while."

"..."

Why?

~~~

The lights burned bright in his eyes as soon as they opened. He tried to move, but he felt cold metal shackles around his wrists. Gaining in more consciousness, the lights seemed to dim, showing him a metal room, with computers lining two sides of the walls. The other two sides had, people?

A voice came from an intercom, speaking loud enough to shake out any sleepiness Alex had had before. "Don't worry, let them wake up, then we'll unshackle you all."

He looked around, struggling, trying to reach the others. They were shackled up as well. He hope they would wake soon. He hated being shackled to the wall. He wanted it to stop.

Re: Metal Wing: Liquid (3 spots left!)

John tried to streach out, but mearly succeeded in rattling the chains. Still, this did snap him into full allertness.

"Wha?...Oh great, this place is the real world. Why couldn't it have been the place with flowers and mice that store electicity in thier cheeks." He looked around. Most of the others were asleep, but there was one other who was awake.

"Who are you again? Actually, have we even met? Or was that just my brain?"

"I-I... I don't know. I think I-damn it! I want out of these chains!" Alex started to shake his wrists around harder and harder, still not breaking free. He couldn't stop thinking of getting out. He was like a trapped bird. "Just let me out!" he shouted at no one in particular.

Name: Grondaia (o.O I babelized "blob." Originally did "jelly," but it turned out to be "Congealed of the fruit." And sockpuppets stayed the same.)
Appearance: It truely depends. In her human form, however, she has red hair, freckles, and hazel eyes.
Personality: Grondaia is happy and cheerful.
Power: She can change halfway into whatever she sees.

Last edited:

shadow_lugia

Denied

The power seems too high and mighty. Maybe instead of havering specific pokemon she can change to, she can half change into whatever she see's. This is because the character's aren't really 'fused' with pokemon (because there aren't any pokemon for them to grab), but are only granted some powers that can or can't resemble pokemon powers. Right now she seems too powerful. And there really isn't a weakness (well, besides the ones of whoever she changes to, but even ditto has low speed or something). So uh, please change it, and then I'll see if the newer one fits in more.

Byron was only half-awake, which let emotions from others into him more easily. He practically screamed in anger, "Let me go!" As he began to become fully awake, he calmed himself down. He decided not to calm down the others and fall back asleep, though uncomfortable.

This seems very interesting, even though Sockpuppets is rather random

Name: Kailani

Appearance: sually keeps a cloak and hood to conceal himself. He is "medium" height, and has grey eyes. His hair is brown-black

Personality: Kailani is 'emotioanlly imbalanced"; an unexpected side effect from the expirimenting. For the most part, he remains a calm, isolated, and controlled being. however, he'll often lose control of himself when in dire situations

Power: Kailani has very little physical strength; rather, he has more ghost/dark properties: Density control and darkness. He is weak to fire, electricity, and ice, and will also go down when being hit by dragon moves.

Is that good? I will make any nessecary changes if it isn't

Shadow_lugia

Accepted.

Exo-Raikou

Accepted (although, I'm not quite sure what you mean by destiny control. If it mean controlling destiny, then please remove it, or dampen it down somehow. It's too powerful of a thing.)

Shadow_lugia

Accepted.

Exo-Raikou

Accepted (although, I'm not quite sure what you mean by destiny control. If it mean controlling destiny, then please remove it, or dampen it down somehow. It's too powerful of a thing.)

Density control. it means he can alter his density; he can become intangible, for example.

Density control. it means he can alter his density; he can become intangible, for example.

Alright, as long as he can't control other people (unless he's inside them :P), and can't control the future (which is what I thought you meant XD).

Back
Top Bottom