• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ATTACK OF THE MIRRORMEN [MIRRORMEN VICTORY]

Teh Ebil Snorlax

izombie, uzombie, weallzombie
In the small hamlet of Ojespo, darkness fills the sky.

The church bell rings out, marking the beginning of curfew and of a new night.

As the townspeople drift away to bed, a mysterious stranger to the town arrives. Walking as if the burdens of the world rested on his shoulders, the stranger walks up to the statue in the town centre and places an archaic-looking set of scales in the statue's hands. In the darkness of the night, he cannot read the balance, but he knows day will break eventually.

The hunt begins. You have 24 hours for night actions.

Last edited:
Re: ATTACK OF THE MIRRORMEN

Dawn breaks in Ojespo.

As they have been doing for the past week, the entire town assembles in the square. On this morning, however, they see what they have been waiting for.

In the hand of the statue in the town centre, the Mysterious Stranger's scales are standing. Imbalanced.

5 people have been assimilated. You have 48 hours for day actions.

Uh, there are 5 of us and 12 players.

...oh, shit.

If we don't lynch a Mirrormen (Mirrorman? Mirrorperson?) tonight... well, we're screwed, that's what.

Actually there's fifteen of us altogether. *points to top of page* We still have a two-thirds advantage.

That being said though, it's still a pretty big number, with this number of players.

...oh yeah, there are fifteen. Whoops.

Well, we need three people to be assimilated before they outnumber us (and therefore, win). We'd better start lynching, or we're screwed.

... yeah that is a shitload of people assimilated

we've got a 5/14 chance of hitting somebody assimilated if we go with random lynch. I'm not sure if I like those odds, really. I suppose it won't get much better, though.

... man that is a lot of people.

Plus we can't even tell when people are assimilated. I'm scared now. But yeah, randylynch might help. The odds won't get better, though.

If we wait for the odds of hitting a Mirrorman with a random lynch to get better, by then it'll pretty much be too late, won't it? It does seem like a good idea to start lynching. Well, not a good idea, but probably the best we can do.

As far as I can tell from reading the rules, even if more than half the town is Mirrored, there's still the possibility of a win for the town (if the Alchemists work together, the Mysterious Stranger is assimilated, and the Pastor can manage to restrain themselves). I do agree, though, that it's much more important to lynch in this game. Unless folks feel like coming forward with roles, random lynch is the only option. Saying that, I ain't voting yet, as hardly anyone has posted.

I vote Kammington. In your first post you said "5 of us", as if you were one of the five that were assimilated. Only thing that could possibly be a lead right now, so, meh.

Uh, there are 5 of us and 12 players.

...oh, shit.

If we don't lynch a Mirrormen (Mirrorman? Mirrorperson?) tonight... well, we're screwed, that's what.

...That's a heck of a slip. Got anything to say?

(Also, argh, why didn't I catch that?)

I second a vote for Kammington. The "five of us" quote is, as ole_schooler said, quite an interesting slip, and not exactly an easy one to make for a human.

Kammington Freudian slips for the win. Though a good defense might change my mind . The chances are not good at the moment and we have to be sure before killing.

Back
Top Bottom