• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mindscrew Mafia [INNOCENTS WIN]

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
As is the norm in my games, here is a link to the signup thread and here is another brief runthrough of the rules:

• if you don't speak during the day, you get one warning, then the second time, you're dead
  • the first time you don't turn in your night action if you have one, it will be randomized and you get a warning; the second time, you're dead
  • if you have a night action, you don't necessarily have to use it, but you MUST tell me if you'd like to refrain.
  • during the day, you MUST lynch someone - if there are no lynch votes or a tied vote, the last player to be killed will be PMed to choose between the tied parties (or between everyone, if there are no votes).
  • no out-of-thread communication except between the Mafia
    ~
  • The game will not end automatically when all the Mafia are killed. Instead, you must agree to end the game when you think there are no more Mafia left. (You do this by voting, much like lynching or abstaining. Just put in boldface something like end the game.)
  • If there are still Mafia left when you decide to end the game, the Mafia wins, so be careful.
  • Especially impressive deductions, techniques, etc. done during play may earn the town a free CONTINUE at my discretion.

48 hours for night actions because giving you only 24 in a game requiring this much overthinking would be cruel.

Last edited:
Re: Mindscrew Mafia - Night Zero

*wakes up for a second*

THANK YOU FOR FINALLY STARING IT JACK :D

*Goes back to sleep*

Sunbeams shine across the pristine snow on the slopes as a sleepy little town in the Alps wakes up. They begin their morning routines as usual, but as townspeople happen to pass through or by the town square, they stop in their tracks and turmoil breaks out. By ten, all of the townspeople have seen the mangled body of Karkat Vantas impaled on the outstretched arm of the angel statue in the center of the square's frozen-over fountain. Written in blood across the ice of the fountain are large, messily-written block letters reading YOU'RE NEXT.

Who in the town is next? Or is it the whole town who's next? The townspeople argue over this mysterious happening when the mayor gives his authoritative opinion: a formal execution each day of the most suspicious person, as determined by the townspeople themselves. Discussion quickly moves to town hall, and the town's attempt to rid themselves of the killers among them begins.

Karkat Vantas is dead. He was innocent.
48 hours for discussion.

... oh dear...

First: Umm, eww...

Second: They have really bad handwriting, apparently o_0

Third: We're in the Alps? SWEET. But it's cold there >.< Couldn't we be in the tropics or something? XD

Well, we might as well wait for everyone before we start pointing fingers. :P

Day 1 is boring~

But hopefully not here~

Because THIS! IS! MINDSCREW MAFIAAAAAA!!!!

Aww come on, I knew someone'd do it :P

You know what the trouble with this game will be? There's no doctors. Meaning anyone who investigates won't speak up until about halfway through the game, when they have something useful, so that their deaths won't be in vain. And with the required lynch, we're gonna have folks popping their roles before they should. And Death Millers. This is gonna be tough.

Le sigh. One thing I can say: we'll know to end the game when there are no deaths in a night. Because if a don doesn't send in their action once, it'll be randomized; twice, and they'll die and pass to the next. That's about all the deduction I'm good for right now.

...Any special reason that I just got the night notification instead of the day notification? And that it still says Night 0? Eh, whatever.

Anyway, It seems to me that inspectors are going to be pretty much useless in this game due to the innocents appearing mafia, etc. Oh god. This is going to be so freaking confusing.

Anyone got anything?

Karkat isn't alien? Well.

So, we need a lynch. Should we just work our way down the list until inspectors roleclaim? That seems like the only thing we can do right now, besides randlynch. Ideas?

Working our way down probably isn't the best way to go :P

But neither is a randylynch.

What.

Re: Mindscrew Mafia - Day One

Umm... RNG says Pig-serpent.

Sorry, pig-serpent, but it's all we got D:

Off topic, but that would be a great yet creepy mafia theme song, Syl.

The only thing we can do is to lynch inactives or people acting suspicious.

Pig-Serpent. Also FFFFFFFFFF got Vanilla this time. Speshul powers are so fun >_>
EDIT: Also, what does RNG stand for?

Last edited:

HHrml. I guess Pig-serpent should suffice, seeing as we must lynch

Back
Top Bottom