• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Runescape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featherfur

Warriors fanatic and proud of it! >=3
Runescape? If you do, please add me. My name is Featherfur7. My sister's is Darcithree, my brother's Hhog2. I'm still level three. X3

Re: Do you play...

Just a quick question to the people who play this game.

What exactly has this game got that's fun and worth playing?

Re: Do you play...

Belongs in Entertainment though, right?

Uh, anyway. I used to play this. :D Because it seemed like my kinda thing at the start. Then my best friend friend got a little obsessed with it and we kind of... don't speak to each other any more because of arguments.

So basically I hate it with the passion of a thousand evils, yeah.
Also everyone on there is either a 22-hour player with no life to speak of, a complete jerk, or both.

Charteon: It might be fun if it was like, a community-spirit kinda place. Except that it's really, really not and is a horrid place to be.

I used to play it.
A lot.
Now I hardly ever do, only if I'm more bored than I usually am. I'm Murkrow23 just so you know. It seems after I quit everybody in my school started to as well. I was never a member though. Not giving my money away that easily.

If do go on it I only ever work on mining. My level for that is somewhere in its 60/70s.

One person at my school was/is one of those people with no lives (still has more of a life than me, though. He had 15 different accounts all members. When he was showing off how fast he could type to people at school he'd write. 'sellin raw lobby 100gp'. How does he have ten times as many IRL friends as me. :( He skiped school a few days after summoning came out as a skill so he'd be the first person in school to get it level 99.

I feel sorry for all of the people who called themselves 'zezima*insertnumberhere*' because he's not #1 in the highscores anywhere.

Used to play it practically every day but I only do now when i'm bored. it was an ok game but I think that leveling up and stuff was a bit too tedious. I might try playing it again tonight, Username is Pent67 for those who want to know.

I used to play, but then stopped. I mean, after you've beaten every quest (and a few member ones - yeah, I was that obsessed) and have reached level 77, there's nothing much else to do except become the next Zezima or whatever it is now. It has lost its golden touch for me. I never really go on. Only when I have nothing else to continue on.

If you want, I'll add you as a friend. Don't expect me to give charity. I'm Tiger_Jewel0, by the way.

Used to be an active member, but after their massive crackdown in December 2007 on real-world traders that affected the normal, rule-abiding players a shitload more that the traders themselves, I said "okay screw this". :|

My favorite skill was Hunting. My username was Super Buu 20 (I liked Dragon Ball Z at the time too).

I started playing again last month. It's the only MMORPG I've ever wanted to play for more than two days. I'm a level 76 member
These are my stats
Zelda3908.gif

Ignore that it says I'm 74. I don't have Magic, Ranged or Summoning ranked yet >_>

It's been four years since I made my account. However, I had quit for two of those years, and just came back at the end of June.

Hello, I am Dragontuff83, otherwise known as the Dark Warrior. Call me Dragon or something.

See you on RuneScape, Featherfur7! Note that I'm more often here than there. Just look for me ;)

Before I played, like, 12 hours a day O.O Now I hardly ever go on it :/

But my name is Line 123999 Add me if you want to :3

I would rant and rant all I want but I'd rather keep quiet and say I hate(read: loathe with a passion only quenched with the blood of a thousand trolls served with iced tea) it.

None of you answered my question.

What is fun about it?

I like how you're free to do whatever you want. You can swap through different classes just by swapping outfits and how you have a free path to do whatever you want. Some of the member quests get really creative and on occasion have some really good plot twists. The graphics are stunning for a game written entirely in java and it's nice to be able to do it all with your friends.
Granted, grinding skills can get boring, especially at higher levels, but that can be fixed with several things like grinding with your friends or watching TV while you do it. It's extremely satisfactory to level up, because of the large experience gaps.

Haven't played for awhile...

And I have a members account O.o

Anyways, I will go dig up my username and play it again

None of you answered my question.

What is fun about it?

What WAS fun about it was the deeply-thought out quests you could do, that were more than "take this to this guy" or "collect this many of this item for this guy" or "kill this many of this creature". You solved mysteries, fought long-lost evils, etc. You can choose between only three combat classes, but you can be all three at the same time. The skills were a very good way to have fun for those who were tired of killing everything in sight. You generally met nice people in game.

And then starting in January 2006 and going on eternally from then on, it died slowly and horribly. The company that made Runescape became so paranoid about losing a bit of money to real-world item traders that they were willing to ruin and scrap the best parts of the game and lose thousands of paying customers to stop it. They ignored all the people who hit high levels in favor of the people who created accounts, would play for four days, and then never play again - the people who didn't work hard, who just started and expected everything to be handed to them just for existing. They gave up their longest-standing questlines that they'd never completed, and instead came up with new ones for the lower-levels, shafting their long-time customers. Their customer support was horrible (emphasis on "was" - last time I checked, they'd actually gotten rid of their customer service. Dunno if that's still the case, but eh.)

Now, I can't stand the damn game. Jagex became so worried about real-world trading that you can't even give a friend a gift anymore. You can't make more than a certain amount of money on selling ANYTHING. To me, it's not worth wasting my time on a game like that.

In short: If you didn't play Runescape before 2006, you missed out a lot. Now, it's not worth anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom