• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Runescape

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Runescape file, but I don't play that much. As for all you people who hate Runescape, I have only this to say: It's a decent, fun MMORPG for FREE, and that's why I play it--if I was going to actually PAY for an MMORPG, I would go for one of the many better options, but since I don't want to pay, Runescape is fine.

I have a Runescape file, but I don't play that much. As for all you people who hate Runescape, I have only this to say: It's a decent, fun MMORPG for FREE, and that's why I play it--if I was going to actually PAY for an MMORPG, I would go for one of the many better options, but since I don't want to pay, Runescape is fine.

"Fun" and "decent" is an opinion, stop acting like it's fact. I know it's free; that doesn't make it good in my eyes.

Runescape is only mediocre unless you have a paid account, in which case it's still mediocre because now you're paying money for an MMO where you can grind and that's about it.

Actually Runescape is one of the biggest culprits for constantly trying to get you to pay I've ever seen.

Well, yeah. It's not like you have any other options. 90% of the game was only actually playable if you paid when I was playing. Like fishing for lobsters. Or trying to get feathers. Yeah, you can do it on the free servers, but it's a pain in the ass. Mind you, I last played about two years ago, I think.

Bah, paying for membership isn't that bad. It's only £3.50 a month. That's a lot better than World of Warcraft (which I got bored of after two days, incidentally), where you have to buy the game itself first (unless you borrow it or something), -and- pay for membership. And then you have to buy the exapansions for updates (other than patches, I'm guessing), whereas Runescape gets them reguarly without having to pay extra.

Now, it would be appreciated if the people who don't like the game can stop flaming it >_>

Yeah, I have a Runescape account, but i made it like, 3 years ago when i was 9. And it has a stupid username. Its "Slayer 7793" but I almost never come on.

Bah, paying for membership isn't that bad. It's only £3.50 a month. That's a lot better than World of Warcraft (which I got bored of after two days, incidentally), where you have to buy the game itself first (unless you borrow it or something), -and- pay for membership. And then you have to buy the exapansions for updates (other than patches, I'm guessing), whereas Runescape gets them reguarly without having to pay extra.

Now, it would be appreciated if the people who don't like the game can stop flaming it >_>
Yeah, but you're then paying money for a mediocre game where there isn't really anything to do. I'd rather pay a bit more money per month for something good than pay a smaller amount of money for something lame.

Also, I'm pretty sure that buying World of Warcraft isn't exactly all that expensive.

It's a discussion thread. People can discuss what they like or do not like about the game.

90% of the game requires that you grind quite a bit in order to be able to do anything. Mining + smithing was one of the few things I at all enjoyed doing and you can't really do that without paying money. The Dwarven Mines were always packed on the free servers, and it wasn't particularly entertaining most of the time because it took so freaking long in order to get from one area to the other. If you were willing to pay money - which you just about had to if you intended on doing anything with coal - then you needed to get to level 60+ in order to do it at all efficiently and easily.

Runesmithing was improved at some point by the addition of those bag things but - once again - you needed a high-ish combat level to get anywhere with it and it still involved quite a lot of random walking.

Raising anything having to do with woodcutting was a bitch unless you were in Seer's Village or whatever and guess what? Paying members only.

Playing a ranged character without being a paying member'd be ridiculously complicated because then you'd have to buy your ammo rather frequently.

Getting gold was a bitch unless you were planning on doing something like selling bowstrings in - guess what! - Seer's Village or were trying to sell lobsters somewhere. Getting lobsters was a pain in the ass unless you were in that one town on the paying-only side around that mountain with all the level ~30 wolves.

DO I NEED TO GO ON

90% of the game requires that you grind quite a bit in order to be able to do anything. Mining + smithing was one of the few things I at all enjoyed doing and you can't really do that without paying money. The Dwarven Mines were always packed on the free servers, and it wasn't particularly entertaining most of the time because it took so freaking long in order to get from one area to the other. If you were willing to pay money - which you just about had to if you intended on doing anything with coal - then you needed to get to level 60+ in order to do it at all efficiently and easily.

Runesmithing was improved at some point by the addition of those bag things but - once again - you needed a high-ish combat level to get anywhere with it and it still involved quite a lot of random walking.

Raising anything having to do with woodcutting was a bitch unless you were in Seer's Village or whatever and guess what? Paying members only.

Playing a ranged character without being a paying member'd be ridiculously complicated because then you'd have to buy your ammo rather frequently.

Getting gold was a bitch unless you were planning on doing something like selling bowstrings in - guess what! - Seer's Village or were trying to sell lobsters somewhere. Getting lobsters was a pain in the ass unless you were in that one town on the paying-only side around that mountain with all the level ~30 wolves.

DO I NEED TO GO ON

Eh, I don't really mind the grinding because it lets me do other stuff at the same time.
And most of your post is bitching about only having stuff in members. Guess what? Jagex need to make money! Of course they're going to make things a bit inconvenient for free players because it encourages them to pay the friggin' £3.50 to get that stuff. Of course you're not going to find as much to do in the free version!

Yeah, see, people try to claim that it's a decent free MMORPG. And it's not.

You can't really multitask, either, because you need to keep clicking every few seconds.

You are defending a game built around grinding. This is funny in itself; the fact that you're also defending it with things like "it's fun if you watch TV while doing it" helps a lot, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom