• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Runescape

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of something...

Target is the guy everyone in a forum loves to hate. He brings this upon himself; he may be a known cheater in a game forum, a conservative among liberals, a Windows guy among Mac enthusiasts, or even a man in a women's forum.
Or a Runescape player in a Runescape discussion?

If you want my opinion (which I doubt you do)

Is that it's fun to play for some, so the people who do play it shouldn't be made fun of or anything for that reason. I do think, though that Jagex is making it inconvenient for non members on purpose to get more money. This is the whole reason why I never became a member. If you're a non member then maybe you don't mind the inconveniences and just play to have fun.
If you're a member then there aren't as many inconveniences, so you can't use the 'it isn't a very good free game' excuse.

There are tree kinds of members:
1) Ones who do it to brag that they're better than you.
I hate this kind, they deserve to be flamed etc.
2) The kind who used to be non members but felt restricted.
I don't really get it because there is quite a lot to do on free servers, just it's harder to do it. They're kinda wasting their money, but they're free to do whatever they want to do with it.
3) The kind who just want to have more fun.
They find it fun. Why do other people have to ruin it for them? Maybe they find the £3.50 worth it. It's not that much money, so who are we to judge?

Begs the question? Pardon? Your mysterious English expressions are lost on poor MD.

I brought it up because I take every chance I get to bring up the Flame Warriors.

Maybe in your eyes but I -actually- enjoy it.

that's great but this is a thread to discuss the game, which happens to be awful objectively and you should stop defending it because you are making yourself look increasingly silly

that's great but this is a thread to discuss the game, which happens to be awful objectively and you should stop defending it because you are making yourself look increasingly silly

So basically I'm supposed to sit back and let people bash a game I like?

yes, you are. the fact that you like a game doesn't mean you have to force your likes and dislikes on everyone else. they have every right to dissect the gameplay, as much as you hate it. they can't tell you to stop playing, but they can damn well comment that the game is awful. and they should.

because if we don't someone might waste their time, money, and energy playing this crappy excuse for an MMO when there are plenty of better things to do. have fun with it if you want but this is a discussion thread. Discussing why it sucks counts as discussing.

yes, you are. the fact that you like a game doesn't mean you have to force your likes and dislikes on everyone else. they have every right to dissect the gameplay, as much as you hate it. they can't tell you to stop playing, but they can damn well comment that the game is awful. and they should.

I'm not trying to force my interests onto you. If anyone it's you guys who're doing the forcing. All I'm doing is simply defending the game because, guess what? I happen to like it! I'm getting "attacked" in this thread because of this, which is extremely uncalled for, no?

I'm not trying to force my interests onto you. If anyone it's you guys who're doing the forcing. All I'm doing is simply defending the game because, guess what? I happen to like it! I'm getting "attacked" in this thread because of this, which is extremely uncalled for, no?

I explained I used to have fun with it but after Jagex's crackdown I decided it wasn't worth paying even five bucks a month for (more, since I'm Canadian), and you jumped on me for that. You brought this on yourself.

I explained I used to have fun with it but after Jagex's crackdown I decided it wasn't worth paying even five bucks a month for (more, since I'm Canadian), and you jumped on me for that. You brought this on yourself.

You mean the removal of Pking? That was a temporary solution. They're working on bringing it back, except the entire world is the same as the wilderness.

The most frequent request we have received over the last few months has been to put more PvP back into the game. We want to let you know that this request hasn't gone unheard, and that we've put a lot of research into how we can introduce new PvP mechanisms. The aim is for PvP content that better replaces the old Wilderness, but without reintroducing RWT.

Hopefully, you’re already aware of the imminent Clan Wars release (see the September Behind the Scenes in a couple of weeks for more information), but there are also plans afoot for the most exciting and "old school" PvP update we have ever considered – unique PvP worlds.

As many of our long term players know, in the old RuneScape Classic days you could actually fight players just outside the gates of Lumbridge, before the days of duelling and even before the days of the old Wilderness itself. Players could hunt each other down, chasing them away from favourite resource points and generally "owning" large areas of the map.

So, in 2008, we will be bringing you special 'PvP worlds', where you can fight other players almost anywhere! In addition to all the usual content you might expect to find in RuneScape, they will also include:

* Optional sign-up – choose between PvP danger or stick to ordinary play by simply switching worlds.
* High danger with items dropped on death.
* High rewards for kills. To avoid any RWT issues the reward for a successful PK will be generated by the game, similar to when you kill a monster at the moment. We're creating generous drop tables based on factors like your levels and the impressiveness of the kill.
* These drop tables will include "PvP world specific" items like XP-modifying gear, lvl 70+ equipment and new, glorious, short-term but hard hitting gear. These will once again make PKing a viable source of income.
* PvP across 99% of the world, including the old Wilderness.
* Attack any player within a certain level of your own. Level range depends on the area, similar to the old Wilderness levels.
* ...And all sorts of other twists on interesting content... Just think of the possibilities when you can PK anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom