• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Would you make a good parent?

Tailsy

if the nineth lion ate the sun.
Pronoun
she
<Tailsy> if my kids ever called me 'okaasan' i'd smack them and tell them that japanese sucks D:<
<Tailsy> ... just because i'd be a huge bitch
<Verne> Nope, I'd do that too.
<Tailsy> fuck yeah
<Tailsy> mind you my kids would end up being total emo kids
<Verne> My kids would be so far into nonexistence that they'd be imaginary friends to the neighbor kids.
<Tailsy> "): MUMMY DOESN'T RUV ME ENOUGH" "THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A WHORE"

Yeah, that basically jogged this idea. I blame Verne for everything that ever happens ever, okay?

So, ITT would you make a good parent? Me, I almost definitely wouldn't. I have no patience and I'm so insanely stubborn and judgemental my kids would only ever be allowed to grow up into the things I WANT THEM TO BE GRR.

NO GOING TO MED SCHOOL FOR YOU, THOMAS, AND YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE YOUR DADDY'S A FUCKING MANWHORE WHO LEFT YOU SO YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO BE SUCESSFUL BECAUSE ONLY LITTLE BOYS WITH NONWHORE DADS GET TO BE DOCTORS.

Yep. Post away!

(if you already have kids I... I don't know. D:<)

I AM THE BEST PERSON EVER

It's my turn to c/p irc quotes.

[20:55] Verne: I'm just going to be the fucked up uncle. UNCLE VERNE? I HEARD YOU SAY BLOWJOB EARLIER. WHAT'S THAT MEAN? DADDY SAYS TO WAIT TILL I TURN THIRTEEN AND I'M ONLY FIVE BUT I KNOW YOU'LL TELL ME
[20:55] Verne: well, timmy
[20:55] Verne: just sit right down

[20:56] Verne: 'Jon, I wanna talk to the kids.' 'Ok, fine.' They'd pick up.
[20:56] Verne: And I'd start talking to them in this husky whisper.
[20:57] Xikaze1: also "fuck 'em up" literally or metaphorically
[20:57] Verne: 'today's word is inevitable'
[20:57] Verne: 'UNCLE VERNE? IS THAT YOU?'
[20:57] Verne: 'inevitable like your horrible murder, timmy. one day we will meet.'
[20:57] Verne: Then I'd hang up.
[20:58] Verne: 'timmy give me your sister'
[20:59] Verne: 'OK UNCLE VERNE [SHELBY UNCLE VERNE WANTS TO TALK T-]' 'timmy you misunderstood.'
[20:59] Verne: 'give me your sister.'
[20:59] Verne: 'i'll be there at six o'clock.'
[20:59] Verne: Except sometimes I'd say it wrong and it'd be six o'cock.
[20:59] Verne: Leaving timmy scarred one day. I don't know what day, but one day.

May or may not be edited for simplicity. No one else in that chatroom matters but me.

But yeah I'm never going to have kids but hopefully my brother will so I can destroy their lives forever.

'Sweetie? Shelby? Come and sit on Uncle Verne's lap. We're going to have a flashback. I remember one of the first girlfriends I had, I met in my college anatomy class ...'

Pssh fuck no. My hatred of children burns with the fervor of a thousand suns. Particularly babies. I don't give a shit how cold it is outside, if they won't shut up they aren't staying in the house. >:\

Uhg, I hate little children, but every time I'm around them everyone tells me how good a parent I'd make.

I don't want to deal with little children, mostly. I wouldn't mind someone past the age of 13 >_> Them, I could deal with.

I love kids, especially little kids. At family reunions and stuff, I always end up taking care of everyone's children. I'm not sure I'd make a good parent though. I think I'd spoil the kids.

Pssh fuck no. My hatred of children burns with the fervor of a thousand suns. Particularly babies. I don't give a shit how cold it is outside, if they won't shut up they aren't staying in the house. >:\
XD

This is a difficult question to answer at this age. I personally am sure parenthood is one of those things you can't be sure about until you actually do it.

That said, I dunno, I think I'd make an OK parent.

I'm not entirely sure. Babies are ADORABLE until they hit two, then I can't stand 'em until they turn seven or eight. At least old enough to know when to STOP TALKING MY EAR OFF. Eleven and up are cool.

So I think maybe, if I could stand that five years where I'm probably going to have to be restrained by my husband to prevent them from being beaten, that I might ACTUALLY make a good mom. >>

I just surprised myself upon coming to that realization. Is that a bad thing?

Ahaha! Ahaha! Me, a parent? Oh, you're serious?

I'd be the worse parent in the world. I can't even take care of some dogs, let alone kids. Pretty irresponsible, I'd probably neglect them. Or tell them to shut the hell up and leave mommy alone please, she's trying to watch TV. Plus, I hate babies. They annoy me so much. I basically hate most children below the age of 7, unless they're actually polite and quiet. But most of them aren't.

Oh God, I'm terrible, aren't I?

Maybe when I'm older... maybe I'll change my mind. But for now? No, I'd be the worse parent ever.

"Have you got any children, Harry?"

"No. I haven't put myself in the path of paternity."

"It's never too late."

"I don't think my other half would agree."

"Oh - you don't want children?"

"No, no, it's not like that. It's just that... well, I'd have liked a daughter. I'd have spoiled her to bits."

[21:10] Verne: I'm going to be an outdated freak of an uncle one day
[21:10] Verne: HEY KIDS
[21:10] Verne: ADVENTUUUUUUURE
[21:10] Verne: god dad your brother is so fuckin lame that show is from like twenty years ago
[21:11] Walker: UNCLE VERNE STOP REFERENCING OLD CARTOONS WE ARE NEVER GOING TO WATCH GAWD >:[
[21:11] Verne: YOU YOUNG PEOPLE
[21:11] Verne: GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN
[21:11] Verne: um uncle verne
[21:11] Verne: you don't have a lawn
[21:11] Verne: you live in a box. :c
[21:12] Walker: sig'd x3
[21:12] Verne: They'd take treks out to my box every night and we'd roast marshmallows and I'd tell them stories while subliminally teaching them how to rape people.
[21:14] Xikaze1: "subliminally"
[21:14] Xikaze1: sure
[21:14] Xikaze1: if that's what they call it these days
[21:15] Verne: Subliminally cause Timmy won't realize it until the's tearing the pants off of his first girlfriend, one hand covering her screaming mouth.
[21:15] Verne: 'Why am I doing this?' he'll think.
[21:15] Verne: And it'll come to him: oh. Storytime in Uncle Verne's box.
[21:15] Verne: And then he'll shove his tiny dick in one of the poor girl's orifices.
[21:18] Verne: seems weird how the channel broke after I started talkin about rape.

I think I took it a little too far on that one.

Not right now, but I think maybe someday I'd really like to raise children.

Not to mention I find pregnancy absolutely fascinating. But anyway.

Meh. I don't know. I think I have enough patience, and it'd be so cool helping them and watching them learn to talk and write and stuff, and the kid or kids would probably be fun to have around - but I'm just don't really know if I'd be a good parent. *shrugs* It'd be a big difference to my life, and the life of my wife or "serious" girlfriend, if I had one (which I'd have to have, probably; I don't think I'd raise a kid on my own, though I'm not completely sure).

If my brother's going to have kids, though, I'll at least get to be their cool gay aunt. :D

[21:15] Verne: Subliminally cause Timmy won't realize it until the's tearing the pants off of his first girlfriend, one hand covering her screaming mouth.

You must be magical. I can't think of how you would do that. D: How old would the kid be before he gets a girlfriend? Maybe that'll help me.

I can't think of how I would be as a parent.

It depends. People say I'm suddenly very patient (and even good) around young kids. Despite this, I may piss off their parents for the hell of it, potentially making me a bad father.
"So what movie did you show the kids?"
"Sin City. It's quite good, it might get them into the comics. I heard comic books improve reading skills."

You must be magical. I can't think of how you would do that. D: How old would the kid be before he gets a girlfriend? Maybe that'll help me.

I can't think of how I would be as a parent.

Oh, I am magical. I'll have little Timmy bending to my every will. And shelby bending for a little more.

If we could skip the first 4 or so years then I'd be fiiiiine

Dunno if I even WANT kids atm, I prefer cats :(

Probably not, because I'd spend the first thirteen years of its life hating it because it can't look after itself and wakes me up, and after that it'd hate me because that's what teenagers do.

Seriously? I dunno. I'm very irrisponsible and pretty much incapable of looking after myself, let alone offspring. I can look after kids for short periods of time, like babysitting, but if we're talking 18 years, I'd probably get bored :/

Back
Top Bottom