• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Would you make a good parent?

Maybe.

FIrst I'd spoil them and then I'll discipline them not make them a spoiled brat who gets everything s/he wants.

I'd alternate.

I hate babies because they are kind of like cats except that they're louder, not cute, not affectionate and you have to be taking care of them 24/7 - in other words, I would much, much rather have a cat than a baby. At that time they're just... not interesting, way too much trouble and fairly disgusting (I'm not only talking changing diapers here; burping, drooling, vomiting...), and that makes the idea very repellent to me.

On the other hand, once the kid has started exhibiting a little bit of humanness and has started talking and actually doing things a cat couldn't do and you can start the actual upbringing, I'd love to be a parent. Mostly because I've had eighteen years of looking at other parents and thinking "I could do better than that", and I really want to try it just to see if all the ideas about parenting I have made up in my head really work. In other words, I'd like to be a parent as a big psychology project. I feel so evil.

[21:10] Verne: I'm going to be an outdated freak of an uncle one day
[21:10] Verne: HEY KIDS
[21:10] Verne: ADVENTUUUUUUURE
[21:10] Verne: god dad your brother is so fuckin lame that show is from like twenty years ago
[21:11] Walker: UNCLE VERNE STOP REFERENCING OLD CARTOONS WE ARE NEVER GOING TO WATCH GAWD >:[
[21:11] Verne: YOU YOUNG PEOPLE
[21:11] Verne: GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN
[21:11] Verne: um uncle verne
[21:11] Verne: you don't have a lawn
[21:11] Verne: you live in a box. :c
[21:12] Walker: sig'd x3
[21:12] Verne: They'd take treks out to my box every night and we'd roast marshmallows and I'd tell them stories while subliminally teaching them how to rape people.
[21:14] Xikaze1: "subliminally"
[21:14] Xikaze1: sure
[21:14] Xikaze1: if that's what they call it these days
[21:15] Verne: Subliminally cause Timmy won't realize it until the's tearing the pants off of his first girlfriend, one hand covering her screaming mouth.
[21:15] Verne: 'Why am I doing this?' he'll think.
[21:15] Verne: And it'll come to him: oh. Storytime in Uncle Verne's box.
[21:15] Verne: And then he'll shove his tiny dick in one of the poor girl's orifices.
[21:18] Verne: seems weird how the channel broke after I started talkin about rape.

I think I took it a little too far on that one.

damnit verne i wanted to do that :[

I most probably would be a terrible parent. The only thing is it's much too early to know for sure, so who knows what I'll be like in the future.

I don't want any children at the moment, but that's probably because I'm a teenager and I'm lazy all of the time. I probably won't be so lazy in the future.

Oh, sure! :D I'd be sure to housebreak him right away, so I don't have to deal with a messy carpet. I'd also have to make sure that he doesn't beg at the dinner table and that he knows his bed is in the garage. And I'll teach him how to roll over and speak and play dea-

Oh wait.

I'd be a pretty bad parent, because I hate kids: they aren't cute. From the moment they're born, they're whiny, messy, fat, bald, and ugly. And stupid. Mostly loud and whiny, though. All I do with kids is hope they shut up and leave me alone.

Still, some part of me wants to raise a family some day. I can't figure myself out sometimes.

Gimme a kid for a few years, then ask him. He'll know

...maybe a few months is enough. I don't know if I would survive. My head explodes with my sister, so...

Well... yes. :3 I like to think I would.
The idea of having a creature that I brought into the world, I think, would be enough for me not to tear out my hair and gag it with it. I'm irritable, but I'm generally very patient and I think I'd be a good parent.

The only things I'm not so fond of is childbirth. I don't want my arse to be like... torn open by a bloody membrane-slavery baby. D< I think I started wanting to adopt after my mum told me 'it was like trying to poo out a watermelon'. Thanks, mum. Thanks.

Mostly because I've had eighteen years of looking at other parents and thinking "I could do better than that", and I really want to try it just to see if all the ideas about parenting I have made up in my head really work. In other words, I'd like to be a parent as a big psychology project. I feel so evil.

I think this all the time. D: I always thought it's probably just some teenager-superiority issue I have or something.
I sometimes lecture my parents on how to bring up my little sister.
...it's kind of disturbing.

I recently have been looking forward to fatherhood. I'd make a kickass dad since the little bastard will be raised to my standards. Damn, that will be fun.

If I had any kids at all, I'd adopt loads, then refuse to officially name them until they start to show distinct ruts of personality, then name them accordingly, ignore the stupid fat ones, and instruct the others how to be awesome.

In other words, keep them away from me.

I still think color-coding my kids by their personalities would be fun, though.

I'd be an awesome parent.

"HEY MOOOOOO~M SOMEONE'S BEING MEAN TO ME ON THE INTERNET" "... SUCK IT UP." "BUT HE'S EMAILING ME PICTURES OF ME IN MY UNDERWEAR." "... WHAT'S THE USERNAME." "[username]" "... THAT. THAT WAS ME."

"MOOOOO~M STOP PICKING ON ME" "BUT YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE PRODUCTIVE. YOU'RE TARGET PRACTICE." "BUT MOOO~M" "GO TO YOUR ROOM." "I'M /IN/ MY ROOM." "... GO SIT IN THE BATHROOM ALL ~ALOOOONE~ UNTIL YOU GROW A SPINE."

"MOOOOO~M I'M HUNGRY MAKE LUNCH" "... IS KCN AN ACCEPTABLE SPICE" "WHAT?" "GO LOOK IT UP." "... ... ... NO, MOM." "THEN GO MAKE IT YOURSELF."

"... MOM DID YOU DYE ALL OF MY CLOTHING NEON ORANGE." "YES." "... WHY." "IT'D BE FUNNY."

Well I try not to be like my bitchy mother and my suck-up father but I don't know. At least I'd try to be a good parent

I hate babies because they are kind of like cats except that they're louder, not cute, not affectionate and you have to be taking care of them 24/7 - in other words, I would much, much rather have a cat than a baby. At that time they're just... not interesting, way too much trouble and fairly disgusting (I'm not only talking changing diapers here; burping, drooling, vomiting...), and that makes the idea very repellent to me.

On the other hand, once the kid has started exhibiting a little bit of humanness and has started talking and actually doing things a cat couldn't do and you can start the actual upbringing, I'd love to be a parent. Mostly because I've had eighteen years of looking at other parents and thinking "I could do better than that", and I really want to try it just to see if all the ideas about parenting I have made up in my head really work. In other words, I'd like to be a parent as a big psychology project. I feel so evil.

I basically think this.

No. I hate babies and little kids. I would not want to take care of something I hate. Besides, having kids requires marriage and sex, neither of which I want to do. I'd rather be independent than be married. As for sex, I think it's perverted and disgusting, and I'd never let anyone get that close to me. I'm completely paranoid. If I ever had sex, I'd be sure to commit suicide the second it's over. I'm not emo, I just have an unnatural hatred towards sex.

And, it would be too much for me. I don't know if I'd be able to handle it, especially with something so loud and annoying. When they're young, kids whine, cry, and scream. I'm exteremely sensitive to loud noises, probably because I have aspergers, and I would run away as far as possible to avoid hearing it.

In addition, there is the aspect of changing diapers. I don't think I need to explain why I'd rather not change diapers.

There are several other reasons as well, many of which I can't think of right now.

Last edited:
Oh, sure. I'd be a wonderful parent. To the crocodiles I would feed my children to.

Of course, I'd also love to fuck with the little buggers (no not that way you perverts besides I don't care for sex remember?), but since there is no way in hell is some hideous thing like a freaking ham but far less appetizing is coming out of my body I'll need to wait for my brother to have kids.

Then there shall be funtiems. Oh, yes. Lionel shall become a Satanist, Thierry will eat only pig's feet and I will consider myself a failure of an aunt if I don't manage to convince adorable little Mia that she is a snapping turtle by the time she is seven.

verne your posts on this thread win everything forever

I doubt I'd be a good one. I mean, I can handle babysitting my 5-year-old brother, but I doubt I could take care of them from earlier than that.

I'd be like Verne, quoting old cartoons. Forcing them to watch the good stuff. I might be a god one, if I get my Asperger's under control and don't throw 'em against the wall.

Back
Top Bottom