• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Let's play the Sims 2!

Vladimir Putin's LJ

your blood flows through my veins
Hey.
So I frequent a big scary forum that rhymes with SomethingLawful, and on one of the visits to the Games forum I saw something that could be pretty cool. Basically, we're going to play the Sims 2.

For anyone who's been living under a rock for the past eight years:
The Sims 2 is a strategic life simulation computer game developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts. It is the sequel to the best-selling computer game, The Sims, which debuted on February 4, 2000.

The Sims 2 essentially revolves around the same concept as its predecessor. Players are free to control their Sims (as they interact with their virtual surroundings) engaging in various mundane activities and forming relationships in a manner similar to real life. Like its predecessor, The Sims does not have a defined final goal; gameplay is open-ended. Sims 2, however, has life goals, wants and fears, the fulfillment of which can produce both positive or negative outcomes. All Sims age, and can live over 100 Sim days depending on the degree of which their aspirations are fulfilled (although some items can extend a Sim's lifespan further).

The Sims 2 builds on its predecessor by allowing Sims, the simulated human characters, to age through six stages of life and incorporating a more powerful 3D graphics engine. It was first released on September 14, 2004 and became an instant success, having sold a then-record one million copies in its first ten days. In addition to its commercial success, The Sims 2 was well received by critics. As of July 26, 2007, The Sims 2 has sold more than 13 million units worldwide and is the best-selling PC game of 2004. A sequel, The Sims 3, was announced by EA in November 2006 and is scheduled for release in 2009. As of April 2008, The Sims 2 website celebrated 100 million copies of The Sims series sold.

The premise of what I want to do here is simple. I'd like five people to give me character descriptions feasable in the Sims 2. I have no expansion packs because my computer rejects them for some reason, but I've downloaded some costum content off modthesims2.com for clothing and such.
After we have the five people, I'm going to build a house, stick them in it, turn 'Free Will' on, watch what happens and take pictures.
This is more fun than it sounds, because when left alone the sims are absolutely retarded. They'll set themselves on fire, drown in the pool or attack other sims without God (the player) intervening.

If you want to participate, here's the form:

The name of your sim, first names only:
The first name only thing is because you can't pick surnames for individual sims if you create them in one go to put in a house. The may not be in the same family, but they'll have the same surname.

Male/Female

Age (Toddler, Child, Teen, Adult, Elderly)
Toddlers have no responsabilities, and are pretty boring.
Children are curious and have to go to school and do their homework. They'll sometimes bring home a friend.
Teenagers have school and start being attracted to other teenagers. I'll probably have to interfere if people create teenagers or children and these don't do their homework enough, otherwise a social worker kidnaps them.
Adults have left school, but now need to find jobs. They can get married or pregnant. Males can get pregnant from aliens, too.
Elderly sims are usually retired, they lumber around and have to pee all the time.

Skin/Hair/Eye color
Approximations please. I have many eyecolours, even ones that don't exist. Also odd eyes :)

Hair Style
Again, approximation. Lots of stuff, I can change your hairtyle later on if you don't like it.

Facial Appearance including makeup, glasses, and beards
Makeup is mostly limited to full face paintings, but I can also give them some scars or moles or things like that.

Attire
General description.

Pick a Birth Sign for your Personality
Birth signs are here. Tell me if you want me to mess around with some personality points, i.e. make you lazier, nicer, more aggressive etc. They do have to be based on these though.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6276/8640d0a195498c56da58558nk1.jpg

Pick an Aspiration
As toddlers and children, Sims aspire only to "Grow Up", but upon becoming teens, the player must assign Sims one of five life aspirations: Family (befriending family members, marrying and raising a large family), Fortune (wealth and prestige), Knowledge (skill enhancement and life experience), Popularity (making friends and socializing) and Romance (frequent and varied romantic relationships and interactions)

Career you desire
Athletics, Business, Crime, Law Enforcement, Medicine, Military, Politics, Science and Slacker are the original careers, and I've added Priest, Artist and Legionnaire.

If it sounds like fun, register away. And let's try and decide on a family name. Like the Dragonfly Family or something.

PS: I have no idea where this belongs, so um mods please take this to a more appropriate forum if need be. I thought about the Games forum here but it's for words games mostly right :/

Last edited:
Re: Possibly a dumb idea, Let's play the Sims 2 together!

May as well see how this goes

Jetx

Male/Female

Skin/Hair/Eye color
White skin, brown hair, blue eyes

Hair Style
Pretty long and straight (or messy works too since I usually straighten it)

None. Don't mind a scar, though. :D

Attire
Um. Jeans. Dark top. Yeah.

I'm technically aries but you'd be better off making me really sloppy, lazy and shy. Aquarius looks about right

Pick an Aspiration
Family (befriending family members, marrying and raising a large family)

Career you desire
Slacker (o_o?)

Eric
Male
Teen
Brown Eyes
Brown, Reiker-style Hair (Reiker, as in the one with the beard from Star Trek: TNG)
White Skin
Glasses, Dark T-shirt and shorts, Peachfuzz mustache
Scorpio
Family OR Knowledge (surprise me)
Medicine OR Science (again, surprise me)

I am basing this off myself (although Scorpio with this doesn't ENTIRELY fit me, it is close, and it is my real-life sign anyways)

This sounds fun. P=

Name: Cheetah
Female
Skin/Hair/Eye colour: Really pale/coppery-red/grey-ish blue
Hairstyle: Long. Reaaaaaaly long. Not to the ankles, but a bit past the hips. P=
Face: Freckles. =X
Clothes: Jeans and a dark t-shirt.
Birth Sign: Gemini
Aspiration: Knowledge
Career: Science

Zeph

Male

Child

Pale Skin
Blonde Hair
Grey Eyes

Long, untidy hair if possible.

No special features really...

Sort of light-coloured stuff, probably T-shirts and shorts or something.

Pisces

Aspires to Grow Up, but then when he grows up, Knowledge.

Wants to be an Artist.

Flora

Male/Female

Skin/Hair/Eye color
Pale/Brown/Blue(or blue-gray)

Hair Style
Shoulder-length

Glasses, freckles, nothing else really.

Attire
Blue stuff, cause I love blue stuff.

Virgo

Pick an Aspiration
Grow Up as a Child, then Knowledge. (I'm such a geek. Castform, you stole my Aspiration. *silly giggle*)

Career you desire
Medicine. (I wanted Show Business, but as you don't have University...)

Name: Ramsie
Female
Teen
Pale/dark blonde/blue
Hairstyle: Shoulder Length
Glasses
Attire: Red stuff
Aries
Aspiration: Knowledge
Career: Artist

I have this game, too! I like making mansions. Or spikes come out of the ground.

Mark

Male/Female

Skin/Hair/Eye color
Slightly tan, Dark Brown Hair, Medium Blue Eyes.

Hair Style
Flat & Straight.

Facial Appearance
Glasses with dark, almost black rims.

Attire
Navy Blue shirt and Green pants. Colorful swimming trunks. Black Pajamas.

Sloppy-Neat: 4 filled in.
Shy-Outgoing: 3 filled in.
Lazy-Active: 5 filled in.
Serious-Playful: 8 filled in.
Grouchy-Nice: 5 filled in.

Pick an Aspiration
Knoweledge, please.

Career you desire
Science.

Okay, stop right there everyone! Can't have too many people otherwise it'll be a bitch to manage and my computer will probably slow down a little :/
It's pretty cool this caught on so quickly. I'll probably do another edition if this lasts till the end :) Thanks to everyone who joined.

Making your sims now, expect an update in a couple of hours with the house and stuff.

I've seen houses that are hacked so there are like fifty members in the house at once. Heehee.

The name of your sim, first names only: Giggles

Male

Skin/Hair/Eye color: Ultrapale skin, black hair, cyan eyes. Make those eyes tiny if possible.

Hair Style: A combover, please :D

Facial Appearance including makeup, glasses, and beards: Giggles has a handlebar moustache and the largest pair of glasses avalible.

Attire: White T-Shirt (stained if possible) and blue jeans.

Pick a Birth Sign for your Personality: Sagittarius.

Pick an Aspiration: Romance

Career you desire: Military (Give me 20, Pvt. Giggles!)

EDIT: Noooo, almost made it. :(
Well, next time you do one, can you put Pvt. Giggles in it please?

EDIT: Noooo, almost made it. :(
Well, next time you do one, can you put Pvt. Giggles in it please?
Sure!

I've seen houses that are hacked so there are like fifty members in the house at once. Heehee.
I know but Christ that sounds like a real nightmare D:

Okay, so since I said five people would participate, we already have a couple ready for the next house.

House 1 (starts either today or tomorrow):
Jetx with, um, Jetx
Icalasari with Eric
Cheetah with... Cheetah :D
Zephyrous Castform with Zeph
Flora and Ashes with Flora

House 2 ( in about one and a half months, if all goes well)
Ramsie with Ramsie
Blastoise428 with Mark
The Quicker Picker-Upper with Giggles

See you later.

Sure!

Okay, so since I said five people would participate, we already have a couple ready for the next house.

House 1 (starts either today or tomorrow):
Jetx with, um, Jetx
Icalasari with Eric
Cheetah with... Cheetah :D
Zephyrous Castform with Zeph
Flora and Ashes with Flora

House 2 ( in about one and a half months, if all goes well)
Ramsie with Ramsie
Blastoise428 with Mark
The Quicker Picker-Upper with Giggles

See you later.

Thanks!
Heh, Giggles will be alone in a house with two women. Add his Romance aspiration to that, and... XD

EDIT: Oh crap. Just one woman...Poor Giggles is probably going to get into quite a few fights. :)

Last edited:

Leave it on freewill, keep twenty-five refrigerators, motherlode a few times, twenty-five bathrooms, fifty bed, a maid and some televisions and they're good to go. ;D

However what that does to your computer is like aaahhhhh.

Ok, so I haven't played The Sims in a while but this sounds like tons of fun so perhaps I could be put into the next house maybe?

Name: Mhally (yeah yeah naming it after myself, I'm boring, what.)

Female

Skin/Hair/Eye color: Fairly light/Light brown or dark blonde-ish/odd eyes? I don't really care, make it crazy.

Hair Style: Again I don't really care, maybe wavyish long hair, or long hair in a ponytail. Really it's not a big deal to me, but it'd be cool to have really long hair or fairly long hair in a ponytail.

Facial Appearance: Mm, maybe glasses and a scar maybe or something? And a pointy nose. XD

Attire: Uh, a coat or something would be cool, other than that just normal clothes I guess, but you can put me in crazy clothes if you feel like it, uh... yeah actually, my only request is to have a coat or jacket, other than that you can go crazy.

Birth Sign: How about Taurus, that looks interesting.

Aspiration: Fortune or Romance, whatever you think will end up being more interesting.

Career you desire: Uh... I really don't care but maybe something like Medicine or Science or.. Legionnaire, hehe. Again, though, pick something else if you think it'll make things more interesting. I'm all for interesting.

Is that alright?

Yeah, this does sound like tons of fun. Could you maybe put me in the next house, like Mhals?

Name: Arkra

Female

Skin/Hair/Eye color:
Tan-ish/Black/Brown.

Hair Style:
Wavy hair. I don't particularly mind, really.

Facial Appearance including makeup, glasses, and beards:
Glasses.

Attire:
Red shirt, black jeans. That's all, really.

Pick a Birth Sign for your Personality:
Pisces

Pick an Aspiration:
Knowledge

Career you desire:
Let's try Law Enforcement, that sounds interesting.

If you don't have room though, that's all right.

I hate to be annoying and badgery, but will there be screenshots? I want to see some Sims burn. :D

EDIT: Oops neverminds.

Last edited:

And we’re off.

The Dragonfly Family, Day 1

snapshotd4426f2eb4427e3wb1.jpg

Cheetah, our only female that’s anywhere near legal. Longest hair I could find, I’m afraid, but you do have freckles.
You’re interested the most by the paranormal, entertainment and sci-fi while you find health, food, sports and fashion less interesting than a three-hour documentary on paint drying. Good candidate for an alien abduction by the creepy alien rapist who lives a county away.

snapshotd4426f2e54427e0bl3.jpg

Jetx, the lone family man who’s adopted a bunch of children or something, idk. Permanent rope burn under his eye for reasons better left unknown, let’s just say it involved a clown, a bear, and a can of mace.
Your passions are food, travel, the paranormal, the environment and entertainment. Fashion, work and culture disinterest you.
Congratulations, you are now a proud hippie.

snapshotd4426f2e14427dfsx9.jpg

Eric, our teenage sandal-wearing rebel. Little sympathy? More serious than Sirius? Family aspiration sounds about right.
You absolutely love fashion, sci-fi and sports, a combination that no doubt show the balance in you and will no doubt grant you the admiration of your school buddies. On the other hand, your hate for entertainment, crime and the environment burn with the intensity of an exploding sun. Hopefully you’ll do something about all those trees around the house.

Zeph, a children. A children is short, and thus can not be photographed correctly. That is okay, there are pictures of a children Zeph in a update.
You adore school and are mildly interested in the paranormal, and money, politics, the environment and crime make you cringe. Pretty good for our Knowledge aspiration and artist career, you can draw angry comics of politician getting raped by the environment with money, all of this caused by the aliens.

Flora, resident little girl, sure to provide us with cuteness. Again, too short to have a proper picture.
You’re interested in toys, school (Christ what is up with you children) and sports, entertainment and crime make you cry. Pretty straight forward, really.

Alright, let’s move these nerds in.

Now, the second they were dropped off by the taxi they immediately entered the house. This shows a surprising amount of initiative since sims usually just hang out in the front lawn and play Red Hands with each other until they get hungry and go inside to eat charred messes called food.
Could it be that this family has gathered more intelligence than others? The start of a whole new era of living!

snapshotd4426f2eb442798jn7.jpg

Nah just kidding they went up to dick around in the bathroom. And by dick around I mean stay inside the bathroom for four Sim hours.
You know just doing the usual stuff.

fuckyeahbathtubwi0.jpg

For some reason the kids all went up to the thing and were all FUCK YES A BATHTUB!
So I changed it to a shower.

Then Cheetah was all

snapshotd4426f2ef4427c5sp0.jpg

BATHTUB CELEBRATION HUGZ

snapshotd4426f2e74427c6xa0.jpg

no no please have mercy no no no stop

I mean

snapshotd4426f2ef4427c8mh6.jpg

Hell no!

Then he immediately gave Zeph and Flora a peck on the cheek. It’s not the last time you’ll see Eric do this kind of passive-aggressive stuff.

snapshotd4426f2e544279cwz7.jpg

Jetx relieves the tension by tickling Eric out of the blue.

snapshotd4426f2eb4427baiu4.jpg

Flora brings up maths and Zeph is immeditaly enthralled by the converstaion, practically jumped out of his skin.
Neeerrds

Just then

snapshotd4426f2eb4427c9ir5.jpg

NOOGIE

snapshotd4426f2e34427d0he5.jpg

snapshotd4426f2eb4427d3qs3.jpg

snapshotd4426f2e94427d4rx9.jpg

snapshotd4426f2ed4427d5cv8.jpg

snapshotd4426f2ef4427f0tc4.jpg

Oh hey look how cute the boys are going to play a MANLY MAN game FOR MEN of Punch U Punch Me and the kids are playing Cops and Robbers isn’t it nice in the midst of all this violen
snapshotd4426f2e74427ectd8.jpg

aaaaaaaa

snapshotd4426f2eb4427f2tn0.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

snapshotd4426f2eb4427f5zw3.jpg

Eric’s kind of a dick.

snapshotd4426f2eb4427f9qw2.jpg

Then again, so is Cheetah.

Moreso perhaps, since she just gossiped with Eric about Flora while she was standing right behind her.
They’re teenagers I guess.

Some visitors arrive to welcome the newcomers and someone finally escapes the bathroom’s magnetic field long enough to go greet them. Good job Jetx.

It kind of breaks the spell though since everyone leaves after that. Maybe they were just staying for Jetx because they love him :talking:

As soon as Eric arrives downstairs, he realizes he’s hungry and makes a TV Dinner, failing miserably and burning that shit. He doesn’t put the kitchen on fire though. Damnit

snapshotd4426f2e9442818nj2.jpg

Hahaha, as soon as he’s done eating that nasty pseudo-food Cheetah sets down some perfect lunch meat sandwiches. Probably out of spite.

The whole group sets down to eat in a Norman Rockwell-esque manner, except Eric.

snapshotd4426f2eb442820dk2.jpg

He sulks and starts playing the piano. For three hours straight.

The other guys are still having lunch at this point when WHAMMO

snapshotd4426f2e5442826ua0.jpg

Random NPC girl in bikini the HELL out of nowhere. She then proceeds to sit at the table, eat Eric’s sandwich and piss off Cheetah. Eric keeps turning his head to the rest of the family with an air of disdain, his bladder and hunger meters quickly getting lower.

snapshotd4426f2e9442831kp3.jpg

Hate-filled sideways glance.

pianoaaarim6.jpg

He apparently really sucks at this, too.

Cheetah goes to grill some hot dogs after they all finish cleaning up, but
snapshotd4426f2e744284dui8.jpg

Hey, you can’t get it right all the time v:talking:v

At this point Beethoven realizes he has to piss really badly and jets to the bathroom, making it in time.

snapshotd4426f2ed442850ta1.jpg

Cheetah apparently burned the sausages so badly they managed to screw the bread up, too.

snapshotd4426f2e944285biw3.jpg

‘What do you think of Mccain?’

snapshotd4426f2e744285ctx4.jpg
snapshotd4426f2e744285dem5.jpg

'He's a rat who's gonna ruin America, that's what.’
Hey, he’s our Knowledge aspiration with a want to become an artist.

Flora goes to take a nap on the couch. Jetx sits down on the armchair next to her and stares at the sleeping child for about half an hour. Creepy.

snapshotd4426f2e9442891oc3.jpg

Eric tries his luck at making Mac and Cheese.

snapshotd4426f2eb442894qw6.jpg

And fails. Again. He resigns himself to eating that nasty shit.

snapshotd4426f2e1442867ji4.jpg

Shit, he’s caught it too. Proceeded to play for two hours before going to the bathroom and then to bed. I’m pretty sure Flora was already asleep by this time.

snapshotd4426f2ed442869lq6.jpg

THE DWARF STATUE KICKING CHANNEL. What you’re missing is the strangely erotic music playing during this, indicating that the Dragonfly family gets messed up channels.

snapshotd4426f2e94428b5rd4.jpg

Jetx has a small aneurysm.

snapshotd4426f2e94428a5cz9.jpg

Hmmm.

snapshotd4426f2e54428aeiv1.jpg

Yep.

After eating his burnt hot dog, Eric goes outside with Bikini Girl in mind, probably to make a pass at her. However, Bikini Girl was too busy playing darts with Cool Dude so Eric just stared at him malevolently instead.
snapshotd4426f2e9442870vq5.jpg

And at this point we reached midnight, so that’s the end of day 1. In closure:
snapshotd4426f2e7442884rk2.jpg

Things worth noting:
- Eric and Zeph both worked pretty hard on their creativity today, getting three and two points respectively.
- Despite not having very high neatness, Zeph and Cheetah cleaned up all the time.
- Eric has the Death Touch, all food that comes in contact with him spontaneously combusts.
- I'm not funny.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom