• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Worldwide Danger

Mad MOAI

Actually more of a harmour fan
Worldwide Danger

Put “Capslock” in your form~

It is a time of peril for the Pokémon world. Small wars corrupt the land. Crops and food levels drop low. The world can only be cleared of this havoc with the aid of a group of Pokémon trainers. Easy job, no?

Wrong. The cause of all this is a Pokémon living deep underground, said to live two miles under the topmost layer of earth. It is unnamed, but the earth cannot be saved unless this Pokémon is put to rest for good.

And the second worst problem of all: the Elite Four is being overthrown, going out of business, as some may say. Nasty mean trainers are coming to be the “next Elite Four,” and they’ll do anything to claim their unrightful place.

You play a brave Pokémon trainer, striving to save the world from all of these problems. Accompanying you is Lucian, the best trainer in the Elite Four as of recently; Cynthia dropped out, forced to leave by the gang of power-hungry trainers. Will you be able to complete the task?

Rules

1. Please use proper role-playing etiquette, i.e. no godmodding, bunnying, etc.
2. Use common sense, please. That clears nearly everything up, except—
3. Use decent spelling and grammar. You guys all know English so you should put it to a good use. I’d like each post to follow this rule. The length doesn’t matter, as long as it’s not like one sentence.
4. Don’t put the word “Capslock” in your form to prove that you’ve read this.

Character Sheet

[B]Name:[/B] Call you what?
[B]Age:[/B] How old is your character?
[B]Gender:[/B] Male / Female
[B]Appearance:[/B] What do you look like? Yes, spelling-lovers, I got it right.
[B]Personality:[/B] Act like what?
[B]Bio:[/B] What was your character’s past like?
[B]Other:[/B] Anything else…? >:3
[B]Pokémon:[/B]

Pokémon form:

[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Species:[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Other:[/B]

My Form

Name: Lucian
Appearance:
Personality: Lucian is calm and smart, and he likes to read. He takes time to think about situations and likes to interact with his Pokémon.
Bio: Lucian was a member of the Elite Four, and he enjoyed battling with other trainers every other day or so. At the start of the underground Pokémon’s awakening, the mob of trainers came and he’s barely in business, even though he’s away from the building. His chamber has been sealed off with the help of a Rhydon, who blocked the entrance with boulders, and a Charizard, whose hot flames melted them into a nearly impenetrable shield.
Other: Leader of the team to stop the underground Pokémon.
Pokémon:

Name: Alakazam
Species: Alakazam
Other: none.

Name: Claydol
Species: Claydol

Name: Bronzong
Species: Bronzong

Name: Gallade
Species: Gallade

Name: Espeon
Species: Espeon

Missions

Johto

#1 - Olivine City
Type: Ground/Dark or Ground/Ghost

#2 - Blackthorn City
Type: Water

#3 - Goldenrod City
Type: Ghost/Fire

Kanto

#4 - Lavender Town
Type: Ghost

#5 - Celadon City
Type: Rock/Steel

#6 - Cinnabar Island
Type: Psychic/Dark

#7 - Seafoam Islands
Type: Ice/Water

Hoenn

#8 - Dewford Town
Type: Fighting/Flying

#9 - Mauville City
Type: Electric/Ghost.

#10 - Fortree City
Type: Grass/Rock.

Sinnoh

#11 - Jubilife City
Type: Steel/Electric.

#12 - Snowpoint City
Type: Ice/Rock

#13 - Sunyshore City
Type: Water/Rock

#14 - Pokemon League
Type: ???

Have fun!

Last edited:
All right, can I reserve a spot? I'll finish my form later...

Name: Maelle
Appearance: Mostly, just imagine on of those D/P Lass trainers. But then again, I'll just describe her.
She has long, straight black hair, and bright green eyes. Her shirt is pink, and dotted with blue morpho butterflies. She wears blue jeans and plain brown running shoes. Her build is of average height, and is rather slim.
Personality: A true Pokémon lover, Maelle's favorite Pokémon are any cat, bat, duck, chicken, or butterfly Pokémon. She's outgoing and caring, but tends to panic easily. Usually, she's not very emotional, but can be if things are tense.
Bio: She lived with parents who didn't care about Pokémon, but she never knew why. One day, they were killed in a house fire, and Maelle lives with her cousins instead.
Other:
Pokémon:

Name: Ame
Species: Suicune
Other: The opposite of Maelle, Ame is emotional, and can be silly one moment and sad the next. Sometimes, she cam be grumpy.

Name: Shade
Species: Crobat
Other: Loyal, Shade will do anything for Aria. Exaggerating, it's almost as if he loves her.

Name: Prince
Species: Piplup
Other: He was Maelle's starter, but she never evolved him.

Name: Adipocyte
Species: Munchlax
Other: He is not as friendly as he could be with Maelle, but he doesn't hate her either.

Name: Solar
Species: Luxray
Other: ...You do know what's different about the Pokémon I name Solar, right?

Last edited:
Sweet.

Just because I love her so...

Name: Baby
Appearance: Baby is a tiny girl, with long blond hair that falls to her hips. Her eyes a a shimmering blue, and very large, giving her a very innocent look. He weighs very little, and seems a bit too skinny for a child. She usually is found wearing a yellow sundress with orange flowers, a big floppy straw hat, and flip-flops with giant sunflowers on them.
Personality: Shy and unimposing, Baby isn't really noticed much. She holds expert command over her Pokemon, however, strangely strong for one her age. She's not stupid, and knows much more than she should about the horrors the world holds.
Bio: Her mother died shortly after she was born, leaving her young father (both her parents had been 17) to raise her. He did an alright job until Baby turned 6, when he went on a boozing spree, and got into a fistfight. He died in the hospital a few days later. Baby ran away from every foster home she was placed in, and via mysterious circumstances acquired her team.
Other: Moo~
Pokémon:

Name: Ezekeil
Species: Raikou
Other: He's the closest to Baby

Name: Kusa
Species: Sceptile
Other: A loyal fighter. Would give his life for Baby.

Name: Rush
Species: Mamoswine
Other: The quiet one.

Name: Baskervilles
Species: Houndoom
Other: Violent and ravenous, loves to rip and tear prey.

Name: Lestat
Species: Gliscor
Other: Tall, dark, and handsome. The mysterious one.

Name: Beast
Species: Aggron
Other: Really very gentle, even if he looks scary.

Name: Angelo
Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime male/snowdrift_2/Male Anime/bb6ec4df.jpg?o=17
Personality: Serious, Intelligent, He tends to correct others and gets mad when corrected himself.
Bio: A mystery~ He came out of nowhere about a year ago.
Other: Apperently no one around here got my capslock joke that was related to the azer thing.
Pokémon:

Name: Angel
Species: Latias
Other: Latias is female if you watch the movie~

Name: Love
Species: Gardevoir
Other: None.

Name: Gale
Species: Gallade
Other: None

Name: Frost
Species: Froslass

Name: Ghost
Species: Shedinja

Name: Lucifer
Species: Houndoom

Last edited:
I'd like to reserve a spot, please. :D

Name: Ryou
Appearance: Pink hair, cropped fairly short and kept under a black newsboy cap. Her eyes are light brown, and she wears a grey-and-white-striped tanktop, roughed-up blue jeans, and heavy hiking boots. Around her neck, she wears a black choker with a silver flower charm in the front.
Personality: She's a bit reserved, yet very kind and empathetic around those she trusts. She tends to be a bit self-conscious, though, and is afraid people won't like her. Any other details will be PO'd.
Bio: Nothing really noteworthy. She started on a pokemon journey through her intense love of travel and the outdoors. When all this started, she grew sick of standing around and watching things fall apart and decided to do what she could to help out.
Other: A-nope.
Pokémon:

Name: Kite
Species: Togekiss
Other: A bit too serious at times, though at heart a big sweetie.

Name: Lily
Species: Leafeon
Other: A bit of a goofball, but hardworking.

Name: Nyx
Species: Mismagius
Other: Pretty zen about things, mostly.

Name: Myca
Species: Breloom
Other: Loves to relax. Is actually the most strategic of the team.

Name: Vista
Species: Porygon-Z
Other: A bit of a kook, given his nature. Is shiny.

Name: Junior
Species: Blastoise
Other: Ryou's first pokemon, and therefore the most experienced. Is kind of a father figure to the rest of the team. (Based on my very first pokemon ever...*sniff*)

Last edited:
Name: Lieutenant Joel Reed
Appearance: Very tall (6 foot 5) and broad, with large muscles. Has dark brown/black hair with the (very) odd fleck of grey (he is going grey - yet). He wears a white shirt and trousers, with a deep blue jacket and pale blue cloak, and has black boots.
Personality: He is very formal and so seems rather cold, but once people become his friends or he gets involved in a battle for a cause he believes in, he will become much more passionate.
Bio: Brought up in a family of sailors, it was something he wanted to do, however he had to come back due to family issues, and he never got back to sailing. He reckons if he hadn't come back he would have been a captain now.
Other: N/A

Pokémon:

Name: Horatio
Species: Poliwrath
Other: Joel's first pokémon, given to him as a Poliwag as part of a family tradition.

Name: Herbert (also Bert)
Species: Empoleon

Name: Larry
Species: Blastoise

Name: Donna
Species: Gastrodon (East Sea)

Name: Niamh (pronounced Neev) [I don't know why I just found it on the internet]
Species: Dewgong

Name: Arthur
Species: Kingler

Last edited:
I wanna be a wild Pokemon helping the trainers! That possible?

Name: Purification
Species: Suicune
Other: She is close to Lucian, but not her Pokemon. She is just helping out because the mean trainers did... er... mean things to her.

Name: Valkrie
Appearance: Is Asian, black hair just past shoulder-length, deep brown eyes, wears a black jacket over a dark red t-shirt. Valkrie wears baggy brown pants. In other words, she's me.
Personality: Valkrie is a trouble maker, and can make people mad at her easily. She knows her limits though, and stops when she has to. Valkrie threatens to kill anybody who bothers her, but everybody knows she won't. The rest is PO'd?
Bio: Errrr.... She became a Trainer when she was eleven, and got her starter. She captured Pokemon, and got a team together, leveled them up, you know the rest. Fwee~
Other: No. Yes. Maybe.
Pokémon:

Name: Valour
Species: Salamence
Other: ~

Name: Storm
Species: Charizard
Other:~

Name: Zapstrike
Species: Jolteon

Name: Glade
Species: Flygon

Name: Tornado
Species: Staraptor

Name: Hurricane
Species: Pidgeot

See my what twisted 12-year old mind can do~

All but Skymin and Midnight: Accepted.
Said two users: have you read the rules...?~
Mewtwo: For now, accepted. Just know that I might change my mind. If you want to, you can be Lucian's good friend so I can completely accept you.

Name: Dr. Ruby Lehrer
Appearance: He is 6' 4" and wears a fedora. He also always wears a black suit and is fairly buff. He has brown hair and eyes.
Personality: He is very serious and blunt. HE can snap at people very quickly if he gets angry, but remains calm most of the time.
Bio: He got a Ph. D in Pokemon battling when he was 28, and started teaching for a few months, until the entire world went crazy.
Other: I sometimes like typing with numlock
Pokémon:

Name: N/A
Species: Blaziken
Other:

Name: N/A
Species: Latios
Other:

Name: Mauville
Species: Pikachu
Other:

Name:N/A