• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Funny Player Names/Rival Names

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
We've all done it at least once. I'm sure there was a thread about what you called ???, but I find naming yourself funny names better.

I once called myself 'a dog' so that people said things like 'Oh, so I see. You are a dog.' It's more amusing than it sounds written down.
And another I only just remembered a few minutes ago while transferring my Mantine to diamond. "Look! eBay's Mantine is drawing close!" It took me off guard for a second until I remembered that I did that a while ago. The main reason I did it was to scare myself if I ever forgot and saw it and thought it had come from eBay. Well, it worked well enough XD.

My really good friend Ali and I cosplay as Ino and Sakura from the Naruto series - and we were doing a con right when Diamond and Pearl came out, so my character is named Ino, and her rival is Sakura -

And Ali has Sakura, with a rival named Ino.

We get all fangirly over it.

:'D​

I named my rival on Diamond JINGLES because it was the first thing to come to me and I was too :D:D:D over finally having Diamond to come up with a better name.

The first time I played Gold my rival was called ??? because when they asked me for his name I just put what, well, appeared to have been his name. I was so dumb.

My rival's IDIOT on my Platinum. I wanted to fit DOUCHE in lieu of the webcomic "SUPER EFFECTIVE", but only 5 spaces were allowed for characters.

My rivals are usually something like "Retard" Or "assface" Or "Dumbass" :/ I recently got Diamond on sunday, and since he's my friend I named him Peter :D. And I enjoy naming myself Satan, But for d/p I am using nice names (Rachel, for pearl, Reiha for diamond)

I named my rival Pooface ages ago when I was youngish.

Not me or my rival but someone told me that if you name Pokemon swear words it comes up in *'s so I tried on Gold but it was only in DP so it just came up as the swearword :D

Hmm... I'm pretty sure curse words don't get *'ed out in D/P, either. Either that or I just haven't named any of my Pokémon after words on Nintendo's "naughty list" yet. A male Combee named "The Penis" wasn't censored in my Diamond version, though...

I do remember getting Professor Oak to say "Oh, shit!" by naming myself "Shit" in one of the first-generation games... probably Yellow, though I can't remember.

Oh this isn't the Main series but there isn't really anywhere else to put it

In PMD1 you know at the end when you leave/die/whatever and float away everyone is like 'NO!'

Some examples are Shiftry says 'No, [insert name] saved my life!'

Heaps of Pokemon say '[Insert name]!'

And other stuff.

I named my main character Fuck and...

Shiftry says 'No, fuck saved my life!'

Heaps of Pokemon say 'Fuck!'

And other stuff :D

Oh this isn't the Main series but there isn't really anywhere else to put it

In PMD1 you know at the end when you leave/die/whatever and float away everyone is like 'NO!'

Some examples are Shiftry says 'No, [insert name] saved my life!'

Heaps of Pokemon say '[Insert name]!'

And other stuff.

I named my main character Fuck and...

Shiftry says 'No, fuck saved my life!'

Heaps of Pokemon say 'Fuck!'

And other stuff :D

Lol. I named a Roselia UGLYFUCK because I hate them >:l
Oh once I named my rival Manwhore for some reason. "Manwhore sent out pidgeot!"

I usually end up naming my rival after someone I can't stand IRL.. and my main character.. ..Raika. Always. I'm not very creative with those. But I'm VERY creative with PKMN names, however.

Meh, I always name characters (on any game) after angels from Christian/Jewish mythology, just because they sound cool, and stuff.

Example: Cassiel, Azrael, Ezekiel... You get the picture.

Unless they don't fit.

Then it's Saith, for me.

Well, I once called my rival Gitface...called him after my brother who had Red....

I'm usually not too cruel with my rival's name. Gary in Yellow/Green...I think it was Emilio in Silver. I called the Pearl rival Jordan though.

Back
Top Bottom