• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Funny Player Names/Rival Names

AHEM

Red:
Player: I can't really remember
Rival: Asspack

Gold:
Player: Jesus
Rival: Pillow

Silver:
Player: Link
Rival: Mario (I really have no idea why I did this)

Crystal:
Player (female :0): Crystal
Rival: It

Sapphire:
Player: Zora
Rival: You couldn't name your rival D:

Emerald:
Player: Zelda
More recent file: Midna (I WAS ON AN LOZ FIX D:)

FireRed:
Player: Tetra (too much WW :D)
Rival: Barbera (Yeah, I know x3)

Pearl:
Player: Zora
Rival: Bob :D

...Need I say more?

I decided to start naming my character "Lakey" after my nickname on Wands and Worlds (Lakestorm doesn't fit Dx) instead of my real name like I normally do. :P

I don't know what i named my characters in other games but:

Diamond (Can't fiiiiinnddd):
Player: Tak
Rival: Zim

Pearl:
Player: Shadow
Rival: Sonic (-facepalm-)

I restarted Gale of Darkness for the fuck of it and named the main character Pickles, after my cat (he was in the room at the time). I didn't think much of it at the time, but then I realized how ridiculous everyone sounds when saying "Pickles!" XD

I just started a new save on Blue, and I called myself "fucker"(in all low-caps) so people would say "So, fucker, want a battle?" "How many Pokémon have you got, fucker?" and so on. My rival's Asshole.

Oh and on Sapphire some years ago: Nochibi. Don't ask... please don't ask.

Last edited:
Oh this isn't the Main series but there isn't really anywhere else to put it

In PMD1 you know at the end when you leave/die/whatever and float away everyone is like 'NO!'

Some examples are Shiftry says 'No, [insert name] saved my life!'

Heaps of Pokemon say '[Insert name]!'

And other stuff.

I named my main character Fuck and...

Shiftry says 'No, fuck saved my life!'

Heaps of Pokemon say 'Fuck!'

And other stuff :D

Lol, I did the same except names Cocaine

Shiftry says, "NO! Cocaine saved my life!"

Hay guess what

On my first Red cart I named my rival ASSHOLE.

Because it would be like "ASSHOLE: Smell you later!" and get it he's an asshole so his name is ASSHOLE ha ha ha ha ha

And on my first Gold I think I named the rival "DUDE"... um, I'm not sure why. He's a dude...?

And I forgot what I named the rival on Diamond. Haven't played that thing in forever.

in leafgreen i named my rival yaloser, so when prof. Oak says, "hold on [insert name]. you'll get one, too" he says, "hold on yaloser. you'll get one too." i thought it was funny. i also named my rival Bread-o once and in Diamond, i named my rival after my best guy friend, Mike.

I've recently taken to calling my main characer KIKAKRO and my rival NORRIS.

Along with lots of other Japanese-sounding names for my Pokemon, although I know lots of words that would fit.

For example, something like "Dasikro" for my Shinx. Samaki and Aran are used too...

My boyfriend named the rival on FR Tubby XP Makes me smile every time I see it. XD

My Crystal rival was named BOX. Greatest rival name in the history of rival names. :D

In Zelda: Twilight Princess, I called myself God.

And I think I'll call my Platinum rival (when I get the game) BananA, or HaT or something. Maybe LumP. Or iDunno. I don't what I'll call him! O_O Oh noes!

One of the more interesting ones that I did was naming my character in Diamond "House" and the rival "Cuddy". I also always like to call my rival "That Guy" as well. I had some good rival names in FireRed, one of which was Mrs. Duh, and Bobo.

One of the more interesting ones that I did was naming my character in Diamond "House" and the rival "Cuddy".

=D This, on FireRed, just the other way around.

I also have tried out playing as a guy...y'know, this was before I figured out gender doesn't change anything.xD
On that file(Emerald) I was "J.D." and my rival was named... "Janitor", I belive.

Back
Top Bottom