• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Which video game song do you think is the best ever?

Thorne

It's feeding time
I did one like this, but it's different, this thread is for your favourite theme song for a game series EVER.

In my opinion the Eight Melodies beats anything I've heard, while it sure wasn't the official Mother theme song of the games, it's always been in the games one way or another, and it's often seen as the theme song. This songs makes me shed tears when I listen to it, it's beautiful, that's all that describes it, as everything is beautiful with it. The music itself, the lyrics, EXACTLY NOTHING is wrong with it. I can see how this song brought Giygas comforting memories to life.

Last edited:
In my opinion the Eight Melodies beats anything I've heard, while it sure wasn't the official Mother theme song of the games, it's always been in the games one way or another, and it's often seen as the theme song. This songs makes me shed tears when I listen to it, it's beautiful, that's all that describes it, as everything is beautiful with it. The music itself, the lyrics, EXACTLY NOTHING is wrong with it. I can see how this song brought Giygas comforting memories to life.

^ This. This this this this this. Here's a lyricless remix that is just...gah. <3

Also, some people may say it's boring and whatnot, but I will continue to love E-102 Gamma's Theme from Sonic Adventure.

There's also the most appropriately atmospheric music EVER MADE, Maridia (Swampy Caverns) from Super Metroid.

Sorry, I can never choose just one favorite for anything. :P

A very tough question. If I had to choose, I'd probably pick Primal Dialga from PMD2. It seems to fit the tone of the entire game very well.

^ This. This this this this this.
Also, some people may say it's boring and whatnot, but I will continue to love E-102 Gamma's Theme from Sonic Adventure.
This. =D

I've got more though. Too hard for me to pick one, soooo...

Battle theme, this from Lost Odyssey (greatness). A nice tune from Disgaea, Red Moon. Kinda mesmerizing. Also this from Disgaea. Nidohogg, from Ar Tonelico.

God, this is so hard.

Some Final Fantasy tracks. On the Verge of Assault, Crisis Core; Soldier Battle, Crisis Core. Bring back the Real badass.

Think that's most of it.

Guys, we all know that Robo's Theme from Chrono Trigger is the best ever. Duh.

Well jeez....I'm not sure. There is something clawing me at the back of my mind, something very atmospheric, yet I can't even think of it. I hate when those things happen. Since I can't seem to think of that perfect song, I'm going to have to say either Norfair or Factory Inspection. Both were very atmospheric and fit their respective stages perfectly. Oh come on, I know you guys were expecting a Kirby song from me. ;D

"Moonsong" from Cave Story. <333

I'm also a huge fan of "Still Alive" by Jonathan Coulton, from Portal.

If you guys didn't get what I said, I said GAME SERIES THEME SONG In other words the official theme song, a song that is in all games or a song that is heavily associated with the franchise, not just a song in the game, even if I didn't write that so clearly.

If you guys didn't get what I said, I said GAME SERIES THEME SONG In other words the official theme song, a song that is in all games or a song that is heavily associated with the franchise, not just a song in the game, even if I didn't write that so clearly.

I don't care how heavily Eight Melodies is associated with the game, it isn't the official theme song. You kinda just contradicted yourself there. Besides that, the theme songs are usually not the best songs ever, just the songs heard the most in game that are considered classic because they are driven into the player's head. If that is the case, then I may as well say the Brawl Theme Song because they literaly used it for every other song in the game.

Super Mario Bros. Overworld, Legend of Zelda Main Theme, or Green Greens. Take your pick.

The Song of Storms/ Windmill Hut song from Ocarina of Time. I challenge you to find a more catchy song.

Remember, Male Gardevoir said Game Series theme song. That doesn't count. :angry: Though it should...

EDIT: ARGH i misread the title of this thread as "best video game", instead of best video game SONG. please disregard this post

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom