• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Which video game song do you think is the best ever?

Oh you know what, screw what I said earlier, just post tracks you think is awesome.

And since I went there:
Hideout Helm from Donkey Kong 64, This track is awesome.
All the tracks here, SPOILER WARNING for mario and Luigi RPG 3! All of these tracks are amazing, especially The Ultimate Show from Super Paper Mario, and Elder Princess Shroom battle from Mario and Luigi RPG 2, partners in time.
Butsutekkai from Ikaruga, masterpiece!
Serious from Mother 3, the entire game is filled with awesome tracks, but this one is astounding.

For a song that has such a short appearance, Absolutely Filthy Apartments from Mother 3 captures the atmosphere of its area perfectly. It's so lonely-sounding....

Oh, and Memory of Life from Mother 3. Oh, my GOD, was there any song as perfect to play at the very end of the game? The answer is no. Hearing this song for the first time, I could only sit there and listen for about fifteen minutes. It just captures....EVERYTHING ABOUT THE SERIES so damn well.

Sky sanctuary or launch base zone (the genesis versions anyway) from sonic 3 and knuckles. Oh, and hidden palace zone.

Last edited:
I'd say Mother, Kirby and Mario have better music then Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem, but few people realize that, especially since Mother is Nintendo's least beloved franchise.

Startropics would like to have a word with you.

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE the Perplexing Pool from Pikmin 2, and the Rainy Day song from Animal Crossing GC. They're both so peaceful, but they represent the mood of the area (or in AC's case, weather) perfectly.

Goddamn near anything from any Sonic game. Open Your Heart (Departure Song linked to it), Live and Learn, Dreams of an Absolution, and His World are my favorites (okay technically it's the music from Solaris Phase 2, but it's an orchestral (I think) version of His World that I like better).

I also like Nemesis King Koopa and Battle for the Grand Star, which are the songs that play during the final Bowser battle in Mario Galaxy.

(some of the other songs from Sonic Adventure are good too - Gamma's theme is awesome)

EDIT:

Also, to say the least, MOTHER/Earthbound have the most disturbing video game track in history.

That's to be expected. Giygas is possibly the most disturbing video game boss ever made.

Last edited:
I'd say Mother, Kirby and Mario have better music then Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem, but few people realize that, especially since Mother is Nintendo's least beloved franchise.

LoZ's music is better than Mario's. Kirby's music are also better than Mario's, but tied with LoZ. Mother....the music is good, but it seems the want to give you nightmares with some songs.

Back
Top Bottom