• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Browser Wars, Part I (aka Browser Discussion)

What browser(s) do you use?

• Total voters

Falthor

My boyyyyyyyy
Post and discuss what browser you use and why. I guess that's all I really needed to post. Feel free to debate which is the king of all browsers.

EDITED because it makes me sound like a brown-nosing idiot. ><

Last edited:
I use IE cause that's all I have on here.

Plus the parents don't like us downloading stuff.

I use Firefox, but I don't care what other people use as long as it's not that abomination they call Internet Explorer.

People should stop interpreting "Stop using IE!" as "Use Firefox!" All the other alternatives are great, too; I just use Firefox because I like it most.

Last edited:
I use Firefox, but I don't care what other people use as long as it's not that abomination they call Internet Explorer.

People should stop interpreting "Stop using IE!" as "Use Firefox!" All the other alternatives are great, too; I just use Firefox because I like it most.

qft

I'll dash into IE to test a few things for barebones basic browser compatibility--and I have to say IE8 actually isn't the worst piece of crap in the world anymore--but other than that I generally avoid it.

But yeah, using Fx3 and loving it; I just wish more of the old skins/extensions worked with it. I miss my Foxkeh skin ;_;

WARNING: Even though I am not a moderator, I do not tolerate flaming. Discuss browsers in a normal, human fashion, discussing it maturely and without any immature argument. I repeat, NO FLAMING.

Moderators, at your discretion, or at least before flaming, which I told them in the beginning not to do, begins to occur, feel free to close this. Close it if you feel it is necessary, in a nutshell. Grazie.
[headdesk]

I use Firefox and don't give a damn about IE support. I just wish people'd stop using it.

[headdesk]

I use Firefox and don't give a damn about IE support. I just wish people'd stop using it.

If what I said did not please you, by all means, get rid of it. If I was too moronic to mention something like that, please let me know.

I've got to hand it to Mozilla. They've got some of the greatest elements of a browser. I'm not complaining about Safari at all; it, too, is pretty good, but anything, in my opinion, is better than Inept Explod––er, I mean, Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I only use Internet Exploder if I absolutely HAVE to. AKA at school or on the upstairs computer until I convince Mom to let me download Firefox up there like I have in the basement. But most of the time I use Firefox cause it's awesome.

Although the at-school aspect may change soon. I wrote a 5-page essay on why they should stop using IE and download a different browser, and I managed to get my teachers to switch. Now I just gotta convince MIS to stop using it, and that should be easy. :P

Firefox, and occasionally IE due to a few things:

1) Allows me to be logged onto two accounts at the same time. Don't worry, it isn't here!

2) Most of the family seems to be worried about Firefox. I have tried getting them to switch, but apparently IE is easier to use than any other browser!

...You know, maybe I should check to make sure the Carbon Monoxide Detector is working...

I myself like unrounded bare-bones programs, so IE 6.0 has always been my personal favorite. I've used other browsers, and I just don't like them. I've used Firefox, I've used Netscape, I've used Mozilla, I've even tried out IE 8.0...I still like the old IE.

I'm not going to change my mind any time soon, so don't try arguing. In fact, to avoid a heart attack, I'm probably not going to respond if you try.

I use Firefox because I like it more than IE, and when I downloaded Safari it didn't work. I haven't tried Opera, but I've heard it's good.

Also, 'Firefox' sounds sexier than 'Internet Explorer'. Hands down.

I use Firefox.

I'd uninstall IE but why did Microsoft have to make it built into Vista?
For some reason I like IE 6 better than IE 7 probably because it didn't crash as much.

I either use Fx or Safari at home, but anywhere else the computer doesn't have it installed. Well, except my grandparents have Fx for some reason; they don't use it, but I take advantage of it. I just am waiting for Fx3 to keep the skin I'm using right now. At school, all they have is Internet Explorer. Not that I mind, but it's version 5. So, I've loaded a copy of Opera onto my flash drive to use at school.

I myself like unrounded bare-bones programs, so IE 6.0 has always been my personal favorite. I've used other browsers, and I just don't like them. I've used Firefox, I've used Netscape, I've used Mozilla, I've even tried out IE 8.0...I still like the old IE.

I'm not going to change my mind any time soon, so don't try arguing. In fact, to avoid a heart attack, I'm probably not going to respond if you try.

obligatory post to point out that Fx can be made to use the exact same skin as IE.

also most extensions are working with Fx3 now guys and if they don't you can just force compatibility.

I uh, use FireFox the most, just because it makes my life easier. I also use Opera to get through the no-right click script and I don't want to disable Javascript on FireFox, and then I use Safari on my iMac.

Firefox; I don't really care what people use, I use Firefox because it's got a nice layout, and I despise IE.

Back
Top Bottom