• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid things you thought were true

Arcanine

Before really doing your Pokemon research, was there something you though was true? Example: I thought Arcanine evolved to Entei.:sweatdrop:(And that time the latest generation was G/S/C; if it was R/S/E, I'd have thought Manectric evolved to Raikou.)

When they were giving out Mew at Toy's R Us someone convinced me they were giving out Lugia and Lucario too.

Not me, but someone convinced my entire school that Farfetch'd evolved into Doduo.

I didn't believe it because I was the biggest Pokemon nerd in the school. Everybody else were just in it because Pokemon Cards were the latest craze, they didn't actually know much about it. Me on the other hand collected the cards, watched the anime, and played the games.

Something that I thought?

The whole Mew-under-the-truck thing, and that Magcargo evolved into Torkoal.

I thought Geodude evolved into Onix before I played any of the games. D:

For some reason, I guess because of how its R/B sprite is posed, I thought Onix could fly. xD

I also couldn't accept that Splash didn't do anything, so I tried using it while surfing, using it different numbersof times, waiting for a "critical hit"...but nothing ever happened.

And that whole "get a Yoshi" thing. I don't remember how that went, but I remember believing it.

My cousin told me that I had to keep pressing the A button no matter what I was doing

I did it all the way up untill Mt Moon in Yellow ):

Not me, but someone convinced my entire school that Farfetch'd evolved into Doduo.

That was a mistake on the part of an official handbook thing. They accidentally listed Farfetch'd as part of an evolution chain with Doduo and Dodrio

I thought that Pinser evolved into Heracross and that button mashing makes catching Pokemon easier.

I thought that Geodude evolved into Onix

That the Crystal Onix was 10 times stronger than regular Onix

and that Pikachu evolved into Charmeleon.

(Pokemon had just came out so when everyone was collecting cards at my daycare, they said Pikachu. I only knew Pikachu and the Voltorb and Electrode back then so I thought Charmeleon was Raichu)

That the magnets on Magnemite caused Pokemon to come to it. Then Magnemite spins around and makes them dizzy. Again daycare.

My sisters and I had some weird superstition that imitating a Pokemon on Colloseum would help us catch it. ^^;

Oh, haha, before I really even knew what Pokemon was, I got this Ivysaur squirt toy in a KFC meal. Thus, Ivysaur was the first Pokemon I knew about. I took it home and played stupid little imagination games with it, and for some reason I decided that the thing on its back was a cannon that shot fireballs. Wtf?

Edit: Oh, it lived in a volcano too.

Last edited:
Oh, haha, before I really even knew what Pokemon was, I got this Ivysaur squirt toy in a KFC meal. Thus, Ivysaur was the first Pokemon I knew about. I took it home and played stupid little imagination games with it, and for some reason I decided that the thing on its back was a cannon that shot fireballs. Wtf?

Edit: Oh, it lived in a volcano too.

I second that WTF? =P

I believed that pressing select+a made a Pokeball a Master Ball.
I also believed that Mewtwo and Mew were married. O.o
I thought that you could breed legendaries in R/S.

B+Down made catching Pokémon easier. I really believed it.
Holding down B at the first two wiggles would make it easier to catch a pokemon.
LIES!!!!
OK know it doesn't do anything, but it just seems like the right thing to do. It's boring if you just watch it.

That was a mistake on the part of an official handbook thing. They accidentally listed Farfetch'd as part of an evolution chain with Doduo and Dodrio
*gets my copy of that*
*sees a whole load of scribbles over those pages*
I beat you to it.

Well, before Generation 4, I thought that Hyper Beam ran on the Special stat and that other moves that would be non-physical also ran on the Special stat, because it seemed logical. (I knew nothing of certain types running on certain stats, like all Fire moves ran on the Special stat. I'm glad they changed it for the latest Generation, it actually makes sense now.) I also thought that moves that seemed to be physical ran on the Attack stat. (Like Bite)

And someone, when I was very young, someone told me about "Pikablu." I used to think that Pikablu was that one surfing Pikachu with the blue eyes in that one episode of the anime. (Called Puka, I believe.) I had no idea that Pikablu was supposed to be Marill.

Oh, tons of things.

~Bulbasaur was called Bubblasaur and was a Water type
~Arbok evolved into Seviper Jesus Christ you anime people get it right and hatched atleast twenty Seviper eggs trying to get an Ekans
~You could tell a legendary's gender by putting it in the Day Care with a Ditto and seeing what message came out (If that's true, my Rayquaza is female), first determining the Ditto's gender by putting it in with a Pokemon that you know the gender of and seeing the message
~Mewtwo could breed with Ditto or another Mewtwo and you would get a Mew (my stepsister and I spent ages with them in the Day Care trying to do that. Atleast they were Lv. 100 when they came out :/)
~Tilting your GameBoy in the opposite direction that the PokeBall wobbled would increase the chance of catching a Pokemon
~Latias and Latios could only be caught with a Premier Ball, which worked like a Master Ball against them
~Skarmory was a legendary Pokemon, therefore I used my Master Ball on one
~After you had kept a Pokemon for two years, it would die and be buried on Mt. Pyre/Lavender Tower
~Chimecho was the rarest Pokemon ever
~There was a rare event where you could go to your Secret Base and a Pokemon will have gotten inside it
~If stars popped up over your Pokemon's PokeBall after you caught it that meant it knew Swift (therefore every Pokemon in LeafGreen knew Swift)
~After you beat the Elite Four, you could become a Gym Leader
~Groudon was a Fire type
~Deoxys was part-Steel and Jirachi was pure Psychic
~You could catch other peoples' Pokemon with a Premier Ball

More eventually, perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom