• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Human Food

Eeveelution

Among the few morons with straight A's.
Okay, we know several things that Pokémon can eat (berries, Poffins, Pokéblocks, Moo Moo Milk, etc.), but almost nothing about what humans eat other than what's shown in the Anime. Even then you have to wonder about the human food, since they don't always identify it, and mostly the food is Japanese because it's from Japan. In the games, there are even restaurants, though you can't order from them. So, what do you think humans eat?

I think they'd probably be able to drink Moo Moo Milk like Pokémon do. Maybe some eggs from bird Pokémon (I don't say flying-type because that includes bug-types, dragon-types, and Gyrados, which we really wouldn't make angry). Other things I can think of include cereal, most deserts, salads, and soup.

Stuff that's been confirmed by the games:
  1. Tea (by FireRed and LeafGreen)
  2. Water, Soda Pop and Lemonade (I think all games have them)
  3. Soup? (Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia - Woman gives something to Ollie. Correct me if I'm wrong.)
  4. Moo Moo Milk (In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, that's all one cafe will serve)
  5. Lake of Rage Candybar (sold to you in Mahogany Town)
  6. Slowpoke Tail (Rockets try to sell it to you)

Tell me if I forgot anything.

I remember that in the anime, they mentioned Magikarp wasn't good tasting and was mostly just bone and scales, so I doubt that. As for the beef Miltanks, poor Miltanks. Now I wonder what Pokémon would think if they saw their trainers eating meat... o_O

I'm certain that ice-cream and burgers (hamburgers?) have been shown and consumed by people in the anime. Can't quite remember the episode number and season, but I do remember a bit of the episodes.

Other than that the people, in the games, mostly photosynthesise. I guess...
Actually, that's a pretty good guess, explain how else you travel the whole region without the need to consume an article of nutrition once?

There are apples in the Mystery Dungeon games, but I'm not sure if that would count since the games aren't in the human world.

Also, in Destiny Deoxys, hot dogs were shown in an automatic vendor, along with bottled water, and other drinks in cups that resemble slushie-cups.

Last edited:
I think anything bovine-like would produce meat in the Pokemon world, so Tauros could be used for beef also.

I like to think that people used to eat Pokémon (and vice-versa) but now, due to moral objections, they've developed some sort of hyper-tofu and refer to 'hamburgers' as such due to tradition/force of habit.

Meat in the Pokemon world is probably just a mix of soy, wheat, etc. and artificial flavoring. I doubt they'd eat Pokemon.

Farfetch'd have been canonically eaten to near-extinction.

Why wouldn't they eat Pokemon? We eat animals in our world - pigs(Spoink?), chicken(Torchic), etc. Unless due to the Pokemon having fire/psychic/water/etc. powers, the humans in the series couldn't consume them.

One of the legends in the Canalave library talks about a young man who started smiting Pokemon left and right, both for sustenance and because he was young and arrogant. Perhaps people used to eat Pokemon, but became vegetarians as Poke Balls were invented and the bond between Pokemon and humans deepened.

There are a couple references to eating Pokemon in Platinum:

Veilstone's Myth said:
A young man, callow and foolish in innocence, came to own a sword. With it, he smote Pokémon, which gave sustenance, with carefree abandon. Those not taken as food, he discarded, with no afterthought. The following year, no Pokémon appeared. Larders grew bare.

Sinnoh Folk Story 1 said:
Pick clean the bones of Pokémon caught in the sea or stream. Thank them for the meals they provide, and pick their bones clean. When the bones are as clean as can be, set them free in the water from which they came. The Pokémon will return, fully fleshed, and it begins anew.

I like to think that people used to eat Pokémon (and vice-versa) but now, due to moral objections, they've developed some sort of hyper-tofu and refer to 'hamburgers' as such due to tradition/force of habit.
This.

Expanding on that, most Pokemon food are black market stuff. For example, Slowpoketail. They were being sold for a million, for crying out loud.

I would write an article about this but I can't be bothered.

Expanding on that, most Pokemon food are black market stuff. For example, Slowpoketail. They were being sold for a million, for crying out loud.

I thought that was because they cut them off live Slowpoke, though, not because there was a taboo against it in general.

Actually, I think that Chinese cooks have developed a type of cooking that makes vegetarian meals taste like real meat. Also, I've had a veggie burger, and it tasted like a regular hamburger, so that probably explains the hamburgers. I believe the ice cream was shown in an episode with the Clefairy rocket thing. There was also one episode where they were looking for a noodle restaurant. By the way, good catch on the Canalave library. I forgot about that.

Some evidence towards the vegetarian thing I can think of is that in the anime, Ash sent a Mr. Mime to his mom, and it can cook. I doubt that a Pokémon would cook meals made of other Pokémon, since they could probably tell if it was a Pokémon. Going along those lines, perhaps the true measure of fake meat would be if a Pokémon couldn't tell the difference between that and real meat.

Don't they have actual animals as well as Pokemon? I'm pretty sure we've seen regular fish in a few episodes so I think it's safe to assume there are animals as well.

After playing HG/SS and having my Swinub snuggle up to me, my Pidgey playfully nip at my toes and my Miltank be delighted at walking with me, the idea of eating Pokemon is pretty horrifying.

Brock makes those rice cake things all the time in the anime, at least when I still watched it. I think they were rice cakes; they were white triangles with black rectangles on the bottom. Anyone remember those?

Back
Top Bottom