• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Human Food

Money can be sometimes an addictive, but that doesn't make it a drug. It's a substance, or chemical. Although money is a substance, it doesn't make it a drug. Plus, I was using your example for the argument. Let's see another definition of a drug.

From wikipedia

A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function.

Do you absorb money? No, last time I checked. In the above posts you are now contradicting yourself, as you said "it" was proving me wrong, when hence, you have just proved yourself wrong.

Keep your facts strait.

Now let's stick to topic.

do you understand the meanings of or and any? also, that's a broadly speaking.

I'm showing the absurdity of your arguments.

in any case, here's part of that section:

here's the legal definition, which was what you were probably thinking of:

Some governments define the term drug by law. In the United States, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act definition of "drug" includes "articles intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in man or other animals" and "articles (other than food) intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or other animals." Consistent with that definition, the U.S. separately defines narcotic drugs and controlled substances, which may include non-drugs, and explicitly excludes tobacco, caffeine and alcoholic beverages.

sugar obviously does not qualify as food.

(and you were arguing things are drugs because people chew on them?)

Last edited:
I would see the chewing on slowpoketails as questionable exotic treat... A banned food that is forbidden to produce because of the inhumane production methods? Aka cutting the tail off live slowpokes?
Maybe I just forgot what the argument was about.

(PS: How is it really wrong when the tails grow back? I've seen a lot crueller things allowed because of money. Also, why didn't TR just catch their own pokemon instead of pulling such an extreme act and draw everyone's attention to themselves.
Or was it just a case of 'hero induced stupidity'?)

it's probably like ivory or panda meat. and how do you know they grow back? for all we know, the tails are one-off.

(TR is stupid. that is all.)

Well, at least in heart gold the NPC:s explicitly said that the tails grew back... *shrug*

edit: On second thoughts, maybe that was just so they don't have to make speshul sprites for the slowpokes who don't have their tails any more. But then again, what can you accept as canon if you don't accept things like that..?

do you understand the meanings of or and any? also, that's a broadly speaking.

I'm showing the absurdity of your arguments.

in any case, here's part of that section:

here's the legal definition, which was what you were probably thinking of:

Some governments define the term drug by law. In the United States, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act definition of "drug" includes "articles intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in man or other animals" and "articles (other than food) intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or other animals." Consistent with that definition, the U.S. separately defines narcotic drugs and controlled substances, which may include non-drugs, and explicitly excludes tobacco, caffeine and alcoholic beverages.

sugar obviously does not qualify as food.

(and you were arguing things are drugs because people chew on them?)

Why would they chew on them? Just because they want to chew on them? If you chew on something, your obviously doing it for a reason. People like to chew on chewing gum because they like the taste. People chew on chew tobacco because they either think it's cool (at first) or addicted. Chew Tobacco affects your body to the point of where you have to have it. In the second post I made of the argument I cleared it up, I didn't know everyone had to have it in such detail. Now, I repeat myself, but this time, it's word for word.

SoulSilver Pokedex said:
A sweet sap leaks from its tail's tip. Although not nutritious, the tail is pleasant to chew on.

Now tell me that doesn't sound awfully suspicious? They even call slowpoke the Dopey Pokemon.

It may not be a drug, but it sounds like it fits the criteria. And by the way, I doubt that selling them for 1,000,000 is just overpriced.

And obviously yes, it's a questionable exotic treat.

Calling it an questionable exotic treat at least circumvents defining it as a drug or not. Personally I don't think it matters if it's a drug or not- People treat it like a drug, it could be an allegory to drugs if nothing else.

whoever writes pokedex entries has no idea what they're talking about (alakazam iq 5000 wtf), but sure, it's probably not actually legal.

let's leave it at that.

Has anyone read the article about this on the main site or The Quest for the Legends? Those provide ood answers.

Back
Top Bottom