• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2vs2 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: None! I'll probably regret it, but ah well.
Arena: Lava Cave (I know, not very creative)

A large cave deep in the belly of a volcano, the entire battlefield is a sheet of rock that has begun to crack apart, much as a melting glacier, exposing the boiling lava beneath. If a pokemon that is not a fire type touches the lava even momentarily, it will suffer a severe burn. The blistering heat is almost unbearable to most pokemon, even more-so to ice and steel types. Thus, these two types may not battle here.
However fire types, surrounded by their native element, are motivated and thus receive a boost to attack power.
Edit: I realized something, water types that require water of some sort (aren't amphibious) obviously can't fight either.

Other:
No steel, ice, or non-amphibious water types (yes, I'm restating it), +2% damage to fire-type Pokemon's attacks (Doesn't necessarily have to be a fire-type move, just a fire-type Pokemon)

Last edited:
Bobino

Your battles won't get removed unless I send you a PM saying that they're up for deletion and either you or your battlemate(s) don't send me anything back. You don't ever need to post anything to keep them alive.

Bobino

Your battles won't get removed unless I send you a PM saying that they're up for deletion and either you or your battlemate(s) don't send me anything back. You don't ever need to post anything to keep them alive.

Thank you, these are my first battles, so I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 vs 1 Single
DQ: One week
Damage Caps: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing moves
Arena: Goldenrod City (Day)

The hustling, bustling metropolis of Johto, Goldenrod City is possibly the largest, and most technologically advanced city in the region. The large Department Store looms out over all the buildings, providing a useful method of gaining height.

There are many busy people walking about on the streets, and as such, any Pokemon which is smaller than the average human height (ref's discretion, here) and that is at street level (not flying, for example) will have a -1 speed booster. Perhaps the radio tower could be used to power up sound and electric attacks, if the battlers are creative enough?

Every 5 turns the magnet train will come past, and there is a 20% chance a random Pokemon will take 10% damage.

Other -1 speed modifier if below average human height and not flying/levitating
Radio Tower may be used to power up sound-related and electric attacks by up to 1.5 times the power if the Pokemon is specifically told to do so
Every 5 turns the Magnet Train will go past, and there is a 20% chance a random Pokemon will take 10% damage.

again, if anything has gone wrong with my post please tell m, as I am a complete newbie.

1 vs 1 Single
DQ: One week
Damage Caps: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing moves
Arena: Goldenrod City (Day)

The hustling, bustling metropolis of Johto, Goldenrod City is possibly the largest, and most technologically advanced city in the region. The large Department Store looms out over all the buildings, providing a useful method of gaining height.

There are many busy people walking about on the streets, and as such, any Pokemon which is smaller than the average human height (ref's discretion, here) and that is at street level (not flying, for example) will have a -1 speed booster. Perhaps the radio tower could be used to power up sound and electric attacks, if the battlers are creative enough?

Every 5 turns the magnet train will come past, and there is a 20% chance a random Pokemon will take 10% damage.

Other -1 speed modifier if below average human height and not flying/levitating
Radio Tower may be used to power up sound-related and electric attacks by up to 1.5 times the power if the Pokemon is specifically told to do so
Every 5 turns the Magnet Train will go past, and there is a 20% chance a random Pokemon will take 10% damage.

again, if anything has gone wrong with my post please tell m, as I am a complete newbie.
I'll take this.

Profile of the wonderful Animorph

2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: None! I'll probably regret it, but ah well.
Arena: Lava Cave (I know, not very creative)

A large cave deep in the belly of a volcano, the entire battlefield is a sheet of rock that has begun to crack apart, much as a melting glacier, exposing the boiling lava beneath. If a pokemon that is not a fire type touches the lava even momentarily, it will suffer a severe burn. The blistering heat is almost unbearable to most pokemon, even more-so to ice and steel types. Thus, these two types may not battle here.
However fire types, surrounded by their native element, are motivated and thus receive a boost to attack power.
Edit: I realized something, water types that require water of some sort (aren't amphibious) obviously can't fight either.

Other:
No steel, ice, or non-amphibious water types (yes, I'm restating it), +2% damage to fire-type Pokemon's attacks (Doesn't necessarily have to be a fire-type move, just a fire-type Pokemon)

I'll accept this challenge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yayfulls~
Although for future reference, you should put your profile link in your post, 'cause some people have signatures turned off.

Now all we need is a ref!

Graaaaahh. I knew I was going to do something wrong. How did I know that? I'm usually good about this sort of thing, too. Ah, whatever. I'm assuming that you do have sigs on, because you didn't, you know, ask for it, but just in case: Profile

Eh, what the heck. I'll get another challenge.

1 vs. 1
Set
DQ 3 days
Damage Cap 30%
Restricted moves: Sand based attacks, OHKOs, dig.
Arena: Ice float

A large, circular chunk of ice floating in the icy water in the moonlit night. It's very cold, so steel types, fire types, grass, bug, flying, dragon, ground, and rock type moves suffer a 5% less power. Ice moves get a 5% boost, however. Small pockets of water are unfrozen for the use of fish Pokemon. Every few turns, there is a 10% chance of the northern lights flashing through the sky, which makes the Pokemon ignore one out of three orders to stare at the sky. *Granted, trainers probably won't notice* Also, the move aurora beam gets another 5% boost if used during that period.

The ice flow is very slippery, but is surrounded by a barrier placed by a Mr. Mime provided by the ASB. However, moves like quick attack, extreme speed, agility, and other speed based moves will be less effective due to the lack of friction. Also, the ground is solid ice, so you cannot dig. The moves Earthquake and fissure may cause the float to splinter and drift apart, but the barrier will keep it from drifting too far apart. However, some of the arena may shift, making parts jut up or sink down.

Animorph's profile

I'll take this challenge

I will referee this battle.

Well, all of my battles are over, so:

4vs4 Double
DQ: 6 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Arborial Dome

A dome made up of interlocking trees and vines, about 200 yards across and a hundred yards high in the middle. It looks almost like a giant, upturned wicker basket. The spaces in between the trees are large enough so that the ground is dappled with shafts of light. The trees are alive and tropical, and thus do not burn well. The ground is a soft dirt with small shafts of grass poking up through it. There is a large pool outside of the dome, used to fuel water attacks. The weather is calm, and Hail or similar attacks are extremely inaccurate due to the tight weaving of the Arborial Dome. Furthermore, Rain Dance does not increase Water attacks by as much, same with Sunny Day.

Any Takers?

Last edited:
2vs2 Double
DQ: 1 Week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather Moves
Arena: Torn Plateau

Deep inside the bizare Torn World, one large platform surrounded by many smaller platforms floats in the middle of nothingness. Many larger platforms float above and below it. Every 2 rounds, Giratina in his Origin Form flies above the Plateau and causes random weather. Pokemon who take capped 30% damage in one hit are knocked off the platform and put back on the field by Giratina 1 round afterwards.

Profile~

2vs2 Double
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather Moves
Arena: Torn Plateau

Deep inside the bizare Torn World, one large platform surrounded by many smaller platforms floats in the middle of nothingness. Many larger platforms float above and below it. Every 2 rounds, Giratina in his Origin Form flies above the Plateau and causes random weather. Pokemon who take capped 30% damage in one hit are knocked off the platform and put back on the field by Giratina 1 round afterwards.

Profile~

Meh, Why not?
If I live in the village of awesome, then this is the profile of awesome. =D

1 on 1
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: YouTube

Ahhh, we are here over the lovely internet, battling in a video. But what's this? Someone's watching us! Every 2 rounds, the viewer will decide to change videos. The possible videos are as follows:

-A RickRoll: Each Pokemon will have a 25% chance of being distracted or surprised each turn, making their attacks have 2% less damage.
-A Music Video: Each Pokemon who uses a sound-based attack (Like Uproar) will have a 2% bonus damage to that attack.
-A Comedy: Each Pokemon has a 10% chance of laughing each turn, making them skip an action.
-A How to/Blog: There is a 20% chance a Pokemon will learn something, causing their next attack to use either 2% less energy, or have 2% more damage caused.

Also, the viewer might have a 30% chance of rating, favoriting, or commenting on the video each turn. During a rate, there are 5 things that could happen: A Pokemon could get Poisoned, be Paralyzed, be healed by 3% energy, be healed by 5% energy, or be healed by 4% health. If the viewer favorites the video, the current video will last for 1 more round. If the video is commented on, the comment could be hated, getting anger from the comment and immediately switching to another one, or getting compliments and watching the video again right after the next one finishes.

Profile here.

o_O said:
1 on 1
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: YouTube

Ahhh, we are here over the lovely internet, battling in a video. But what's this? Someone's watching us! Every 2 rounds, the viewer will decide to change videos. The possible videos are as follows:

-A RickRoll: Each Pokemon will have a 25% chance of being distracted or surprised each turn, making their attacks have 2% less damage.
-A Music Video: Each Pokemon who uses a sound-based attack (Like Uproar) will have a 2% bonus damage to that attack.
-A Comedy: Each Pokemon has a 10% chance of laughing each turn, making them skip an action.
-A How to/Blog: There is a 20% chance a Pokemon will learn something, causing their next attack to use either 2% less energy, or have 2% more damage caused.

Also, the viewer might have a 30% chance of rating, favoriting, or commenting on the video each turn. During a rate, there are 5 things that could happen: A Pokemon could get Poisoned, be Paralyzed, be healed by 3% energy, be healed by 5% energy, or be healed by 4% health. If the viewer favorites the video, the current video will last for 1 more round. If the video is commented on, the comment could be hated, getting anger from the comment and immediately switching to another one, or getting compliments and watching the video again right after the next one finishes.
Accepted!

Profile Linky

Well, all of my battles are over, so:

4vs4 Double
DQ: 6 days
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Arborial Dome

A dome made up of interlocking trees and vines, about 200 yards across and a hundred yards high in the middle. It looks almost like a giant, upturned wicker basket. The spaces in between the trees are large enough so that the ground is dappled with shafts of light. The trees are alive and tropical, and thus do not burn well. The ground is a soft dirt with small shafts of grass poking up through it. There is a large pool outside of the dome, used to fuel water attacks. The weather is calm, and Hail or similar attacks are extremely inaccurate due to the tight weaving of the Arborial Dome. Furthermore, Rain Dance does not increase Water attacks by as much, same with Sunny Day.

Any Takers?
I will.

2vs2 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves
Arena: World Civilization Classroom

A standard high-school classroom; you know, with the desks-attached-to-chairs. Unfortunately, though, they're still scattered across the room, and may need moving.

Every round, there is a 10% chance that the teacher will come in and watch the battle for a few turns. Every action, he has a 20% chance of scolding one of the Pokemon on the battlefield, causing the attack damage to lower by 3%.
Other: Well, seeing as there's no swimming room, you can't really have Pokemon that must be in water, can you?

Profile of weirditude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom