• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gingerbread Biscuits

Thank you for the comments~ Woo, I'm glad the Burton one looks... well, Burton-y. It was pretty much based on Sally from tNbC, Arylett.
Disturbingly cute. X3 Object achieved~

Okay, I feel I should say that if you don't like Disney then you're probably not going to like this post much.

See, I was browsing dA and came across this person. It's mainly Disney stuff and it's amazing~ (She also works at Disneyland herself and I am unbelievably jealous but never mind that) After spending ages looking at that I was in the mood to do some fanart myself. So I've spent most of my half term doodling characters and listening to Disney music~

Mickey Mouse aaaand Minnie Mouse, both looking quite old-fashioned for some reason.

Pinocchio... don't like that one much. Plus it's hard to spell. :P

TinkerBell looked weird because I didn't have a flesh-coloured pen to outline with. I managed to dig a vanilla gel pen out, though, which worked okay on Ariel.

Finally, Captain Jack Sparrow looking drunken and disproportionate.

Aaah, I love bri-chan's stuff. I envy her drawing abilities so much~

Mickey and Minnie are too cute; the chunky lineart and bright, simple colours look really great on them and I think it's what gives them their old-school look. The hands are especially lovely.

While he's the star of what might be my least favourite Disney movie, I really like Pinocchio here; he looks very, very much like his Disney incarnation and all puppet-like. The proportions are good, and the pencil outlines are effective.

Tinkerbell's wings are absolutely gorgeous~ Her head (or face?) is a little oddly-shaped, but I can't quite tell how. Her hair's great, though her feet are a little small.

Jack is awesome. He looks so adorably drunk :D His head is really good; the heavy eye makeup, the braids and details on his hair, his beardiness... it's simple, but you got all the details that make him so Captain-Jack-like.

Ariel's hair looks really good and true to the original Disney character; all flowy in the water and things. The shading on her tail looks really great, too. And her arms and hands look especially well-proportioned.

Can I request something while you're on a Disney kick? If you have time to do a Stitch at some point, I'm sure he'll look absolutely awesome in your style X3

<3

Stitch? Sure~

stitch.jpg

Mexican wave!​

I did Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and coloured it in highlighters... half of which didn't show up when scanned. D< The white areas were all pink and orange and trippy but noooo. I'll have to take a photo instead... have the mangled version for now.

Also the Sultan and Jafar from Aladdin, because I was thinking how odd is was that the two of them (plus Jasmine) were the only ones ever seen in the whole palace. You can just imagine the family photos...

EDIT: Screwed up the link on the Jafar one; fixed.

Last edited:
Eeeee, I was right~ Aww, he's so cute and crazy and you got all the details like the notches in his ears and everything~ :D

Oogie Boogie looks excellent with that background; I also really like his spider.

The Sultan and Jafar pic's not opening for me, though that could because of my dodgy internet :/

Oops, my bad on the Jafar one - screwed up the link, but it's fixed now.

Uuh I have a better version of the Boogieman, hurray?

And a PMD2 one~ Because PartnerxHero is blatently canon. X3

Last edited:
AWW! I LOVE the PMD2 one! It's so cute~! The colours are absolutely lovely, nice and soft, very suitable for the picture. And the expression on their faces is just so adorable~

Oogie Boogie is awesomenocity. It's so trippy, whoo~ The colours are sweet.

Ahahaha at the Jafar picture. I love his expression. X3 The Sultan's head seems a bit big though.

The Pinocchio picture (GOD HARD TO SPELL) is adorable~ You did the eyes just right, I think. Love the eyes.

Minnie Mouse is awesomenocity. Nice pose! Looks sort of like dancing or whistling. Though the left arm is a bit stiff... hmm. A bit too straight, yes.

I lovelovelove Mickie Mouse! And the pose is brilliant! Ahahaha! Good job on that one.

Ariel looks a bit fuzzy around the face. And the skin parts. But I like the tail~ And the hair! The hair is nice.

I like Tinkerbell's colours~ Wings are lovely, just as Danni said. But the face is a bit flat. It... it doesn't really make sense with her pose, like the... God, I suck at explaining. It's just facing too much to the side. And the left arm is a bit weird... umm... a bit squarish. ARYLETT CANNOT EXPLAIN THINGS!

Jack Sparrow is X3. I like it~

And I love Stitch. Stitch is general awesomenocity though. You did a good job drawing him, yep!

... ;;Has a sudden urge to play Kingdom Hearts after looking at this thread;;

It's weird how the Oogie Boogie picture still looks so gothic and Tim Burtony even though it's the brightest, most colourful thing ever. It looks really great :D

And awww the MD pic is cute. Torchic looks adorable, with its curled-up toes and fluffy neck and head-feathers. I think it's the angle of the head, but something about the Chikorita looks almost serpentine; but it still manages to look adorable, too <3
What program did you do this one in?

Comments ~ <3

I get what you mean about TinkerBell, Arylett. Like, uh, her head's pointing the wrong way compared to her body (also she has a freakishly huge eye I just noticed o_O).

... ;;Has a sudden urge to play Kingdom Hearts after looking at this thread;;

Muhaha. >D

@Danni: Thank you~ And I think it's... Paint Shop Pro... 8, yeah. I only know the most basic of the basic tools, though. But! I was messing around with it and made an icon! X3

gelphie_icon.png

I also drew a Pudsey Bear~ (That's the mascot of Children in Need night for you non-Brits - uh, see this thread). He's not fat enough, though. :(

And rounding off with yet more Disney: Cogsworth and Lumiere, from Beauty and the Beast, because I love them to bits. (And, uh, Cogsworth? I don't think that's what he was asking you...)

Probably won't have anything else this month because I'm trying to save all my ideas (which are currently pitifully low) for the draw-something-every-day-in-December thing (someone has to come up with a name for that) at the Obbsessive Scribblers club~

Ehehe; I love that icon very, very much <3

Aww, Pudsey's adorable; he's the new-design one, right? I swear, that bear gets a makeover every year. He looks really good, though; especially well done with the lineart/shading/colouring all in yellow; yellow's a horrible colour to shade with.

Lumiere and Cogsworth are fantastic XD Cogsworth looks especially good and 3D, and both their shading is really, really great. And the facial expressions are prefect.

I'm trying to stockpile ideas, too, for the... NaArtDraMo?

Nice icon. I like the colours, uh-huh. Makes me think of... watermellons.

Also, Pudsey Bear...? Oh dear, Amelett, oh dear. I'm too lazy to look in that thread. But I like the colours of it! Especially the thingy around the eye, the white spotted thingy. And the pose, the pose is brilliant. And the eyes. Just really cute, that's all.

Just like Danni said with the Lumiere and Cogsworth pictures! Expressions are perfect. Ahahaha~ And Cogsworth does look pretty 3D. As well as Lumiere, I love the way his right errm... candle arm thingy is up in the air. The way he's waving it about. Gives it a really light and airy feeling, adds to it, in fact. Adds to what he's saying.

Watermelon is like, a Gelphie fruit. According to Dannichu.

I love the expression you put on, well, things. I can't really describe why I like them, I just do. So, uh, yeah.

Mmm comments~ You lovely people. X3

Danni: Haha; "Oh, I could try making an icon! But what of... ahaha. >D" It was too tempting. Woo, current ideas for the Art-A-Thon: sixteen. Need to work on that before December starts. *Flail*

Especially the thingy around the eye, the white spotted thingy.

It's a bandage. :3 A polka-dot bandage. Which I totally want if I ever break my arm or something. (Also why new-design Pudsey is cooler~)

Linoone: Well, thanks~
(And it so is a Gelphie fruit. :D)

Uhh so I was wrong about the no-art-till-December thing. It's all Disney's fault! ... And also partly to do with the person on dA I mentioned earlier in the thread.

I just had to try and draw her character (well, kind of), Reginald. The Mad Hatter. :D
I was really irritated that I mucked up his right hand so badly, but at least his face (and hat) came out okay.

Also, I was messing about with different styles... this was the result of one (even though it's... not that different). It's me at my new job. :D; I never realised waitressing could be so complicated.

I like the new Pudsey for the rainbows, yes, but the old one did have a certian amount of... old-school to it. My primary school use to make the most amazingly delicious Pudsey biscuits on Children in Need day and I'd always buy loads and save the head for last because of the icing X3

Maaan you're getting better and better at faces and expressions and things. These last two are really, really great.
The Mad Hatter one's really good; the folds in the clothing are all in the right places, the face is great and I especially like the way the hair came out. ...it shames me somewhat that the "mucked up" right hand is batter than anything I could draw >.<

And oooooh, the second one is brilliant XD I know exactly how you feel; in your first month or so you have the sharpest learning curve in the world, but I promise it gets better after that~
You learn to hate the general public so fast, though. I imagine especially in a waitressing job; people are always so rude to waitresses )<
But the "Bwuh?" exspression (especially the eyebrows~) is perfect X3

Ahaha! Mad Hatter! I like the nose, oh yes. The nose. X3 It sticks out in particular to me for some reason. That is one awesomenocity nose. Oh and the pose! It's really good. No awkward angles and no awkward legs and the folds on the pants and clothes are quite natural and it is just really good. I also like his HUGE SHOES~

And oh wow. X3 I like the second one quite a bit, especially your expression. You're just like: "...Uh?" Though I'd probably have the expression too, if they told me to do all that. The outfit is awesomenocity though, I really like it for some reason. And the hair, I love the way the hair is done~ Oh and your shoes and pants! Awesomenocity, them, mmm'yes~ Though I do notice the left arm is slightly thicker than the right, if that makes sense. And the skirt thingy looks a bit odd... a bit too straight... and the folds look a bit... weirdish. Arylett sucking at describing again!

I like the new Pudsey for the rainbows, yes, but the old one did have a certian amount of... old-school to it. My primary school use to make the most amazingly delicious Pudsey biscuits on Children in Need day and I'd always buy loads and save the head for last because of the icing X3

XD I remember those! My mum was forever telling my sister off for buying lots, eating the icing and leaving the biscuit. Mmm.
And thank you~ Although, pfft, you can draw hands. D<

@Arylett, about the nose - I couldn't agree more. His nose is epic. X3 Kudos to Disney/Bri-chan for making it so~
Oh, I get what you mean about the arm, I think. You mean the left (our left) one is thicker? I wondered about that, but that was how my arm looked when I tried checking what it looked like in the mirror, so maybe I just have weird elbows. o.o

@Kai & Linoone: Aw, thanks you guys. X3 I really do appreciate it~

Oh, okay! This will probably (I know I said it before and was wrong, but ehh) be the last update before the December Art-A-Thon begins. Not to worry, though, that's only three... days... away... ;>> Need ideas. Uhh, feel free to request, any time~

Oh yeah, the update. I painted a Curly-Tailed Bird, a Creation (yeah, it's meant to be a capital "C", go look at her thread~) of Arylett's. Because they're all rainbowy and awesome. :D

Yeah, the left one is thicker but Arylett has weird eyes which see things~

Oooh, Curly-Tailed Bird! And advertising of Drawsborough! I like this update muchly. And oh my GOD, it is SO GOOD. It is better than my original drawing! I love it! Especially the eye, which is very pretty and sparkly and cute! And the colours, the colours are amazing. I love the way it's all fuzzy and feathery. And the beak is awesomenocity~ And the curly tail feathers! They are GOOD, GOOD, GOOD. They look like vines or something and it is just pure MEGAWESOMENOCITY. And the wing is just so pretty and nice and red. ;;Stamps with HRA Stamp of Approval;; YES KINOVA YES. I LOVE IT!

Aww, the Curly-Tailed Bird looks so great; the colours are especially awesome, and the face, wing and tail all look really nice. The legs look a little off... I think maybe they should be bent somewhere? But birds are horrible things to draw, so it's completely forgivable.

Arylett: Well, I'm glad you liked it. X3 Even if the scanner did decide to outshine the shaded areas. *Grumbles loudly* Also...
And the colours, the colours are amazing.

Col... ours. Colours. Ahaha, you've been Brit-ified! Told you there was no escape. :D

Danni: Uh, I dunno about the legs. I used a ref of some sparrow or something but it was from almost behind and I could only really see the feet, so I just drew them like in Arylett's original picture. Hmm, let me find some more refs... yeah, they are supposed to be bent, nearly at the top of the leg. Oh well, next time I'll get it~

So as you all know, the December Art-A-Thon has begun. :D And so I have begun to draw. Should update every few days or so, probably...

1st December - Galinda the fairy.
Uh, requires some explaining. Basically I found out that Kristen Chenoweth (the orginal Galinda on Broadway) is voicing a fairy in the new TinkerBell movie. So I had to try a fairy-fied Galinda... she doesn't look much like herself to me, but I am quite proud of her left hand. :P And on the same train of thought...

2nd December - Elphie the fairy.
Who abandoned experiencing this new means of defying gravity in favour of a book. And really doesn't look herself. :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom