• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Most Overrated & Underrated films ever.

Even though I loved Fight Club, it was and is still totally overrated. It is better than most movies but not the best movie I have ever seen in my life.

I will have to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind now.

Re: Most Overrated film you've ever seen.

Epic Movie, Twilight, High School Musical (It's not that it was that bad, it was just... REALLY overdone as far as hyping goes...)

Haha, speaking of High School Musical, did you know that it won best movie at the 2009 Kids' Choice Awards? It beat Iron Man and The Dark Knight. Yeah, I know it's the kids' choice and all, but still...come on, now.

update: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is great

The Kid's Choice Awards is some shit
Jaws.

It was terrible.
What the FUCK is wrong with you? Jaws was excellent.

Dar Knight was overrated, but still awesome. The "Scary Movies" and Epic/Disaster movies were terribly overrated, and horrible.

Can't think of any more. :/

Are the Genre Movies honestly overrated? I have only ever seen one person say they enjoyed them.

What the FUCK is wrong with you?

See, here it's nice to use the phrase "I respectfully disagree".

Are the Genre Movies honestly overrated? I have only ever seen one person say they enjoyed them.

I don't know anyone who really likes them either, but they do well at the box office, and the fact that they keep churning them out again and again suggests that some people like them.

I personally think Pixar are a bit overrated. Wall-E was okay and The Incredibles was alright-ish but I think they are a tad overrated when the films themselves weren't actually that good. Cars & Ratatouille were dreadful.

I personally think Pixar are a bit overrated. Wall-E was okay and The Incredibles was alright-ish but I think they are a tad overrated when the films themselves weren't actually that good. Cars & Ratatouille were dreadful.

I can see how someone can say WALL-E is overrated. It's certainly very different from most films, and not in a way everyone can get into.

I'd say Ratatouille is a bit overrated. It's good, but not even close to WALL-E quality IMO. Kind of in the average tier as far as Pixar movies go, in that it certainly had its moments, but it didn't seem to stand out in any way.

Haven't seen Cars, but I'm not too crazy about the premise.

I can't think of any underrated movies at the moment. I'm tempted to say Labyrinth, because despite its flaws, it's pretty damned awesome, but truth is it does get a lot of attention.

^ You're seriously addicted to digimon huh?

Borat is less funny everytime you watch it.

Don't Mess with the Zohan was seriously underrated.

Cars wasn't as great as I thought it would be, but I really adored Ratatouille. WALL-E was really good, I suppose, but I don't think it was quite as fantastic as every single advert made it out to be.

Ratatouille beat Persepolis at the Oscars so despite never having seen the former I hate it with the intensity of an exploding sun.

Underrated: Yellow Submarine (at least in my opinion - it's so cracky it's hilarious). Heard of it? Heh, thought not.

Back
Top Bottom