• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Heroes/Idols

Remind me not to ever talk to you again, okay?

Lol i guess i should be ex-communicated since mine is the revolutionary, Fidel Castro. Not because he's a communist, but because he overthrew a corrupt government and stood up to the States.

(and BTW Celestial Blade, no offense to you but Stalin murdered more innocents in his term as Soviet premier than Hitler did in World war II)

Some Cubans found to be "counterrevolutionaries", "fascists", or "CIA operatives" were allegedly imprisoned in poor conditions without trial. Military Units to Aid Production, or UMAPs, were labor camps established in 1965 to confine "social deviants" (including homosexuals and Jehovah Witnesses), with the goal of working "counter-revolutionary" influences out of certain segments of the population.
Dunno man, sounds kind of like a dickhole to me but whatevs.

lololol I'm here showing up to down everyone but I guess my hero sucks too oh well

Lol yes that's what you seem to be doing Vlad, but i guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Joey Jordison
Corey Taylor
Zbigniew Robert Promiński
Gene Hoglan
Alexi Laiho
Dimebag Darrel Abbot
Derek Roddy
George Kollias
Vinnie Paul
Dave Lombardo
Tim Yeung
Lars Ulrich
Jeff Loomis
Adam Darski
Kerry King
Jeff Hanneman
Kirk Hammet

Gene Ray.

Or [insert singer of favorite band here].

Okay, seriously, probably like John Lennon or something, he kicked so much ass up until he got shot.

These guys.

Yep, black dudes in suits. Srsly though, those guys are amazing.

Also here. http://youtube.com/watch?v=C9ThFrXQAfo (with a few extra guys, like Henry LeTang)

And Jason Samuels Smith, who's more modern -- http://youtube.com/watch?v=gU3rpv5AqK4

And, well, duh, savion glover: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZQjTLWODcCk

... among others.

I mean, this is a pretty cool place to be, for me, in this generation of dance where you can totally go wild and the more you step out of the box the more you're praised. Especially with tap, since it was sort of dead for a little while and ballet and modern and everything went on the rise and now we're getting that back again, especially thanks to Savion Glover and Happy Feet and everything -- these guys that were the generations before us are like mind-blowing and it's awesome to have these people to look up to.

And blah blah blah off the soapbox now.

Also furret does this emilie autumn woman ever take a picture of herself where she isn't looking at you from a stupid angle?

Are you referring to the thing about social deviants?

Yeah was pretty much referring to your post here. Sure Castro may not be the worst git out there, but I'd still rather not live in Cuba without a right to free speech and whatnot. I mean, the guy that runs North Korea is probably worse. Or Myanmar. But hey. It's a dictatorial leadership, you don't really get much choice in the matter.

My issue is I haven't seen a communist leader not go corrupt and fuck everything up in the name of equality. Equality is all very nice and shit, but let's keep it social a little bit.

Lenin and Marx weren't too bad, but there are just too many inherent problems with the system that fuck it up.

Anyway my idols are pretty much all the good humanists and shit. I mentioned SW and Daniel Gildenlöw, as they are pretty much some of the most honest and well-spoken musicians I know, but here's a list of other pretty cool people:

Nelson Mandela
Kofi Annan
Mother Theresa
Mahatma Gandhi
Friedrich Nietschze (because existentialist philosophy is the coolest)
Antoine Lavoisier
Douglas Adams

well, you know, just basically good people that do good things. Apart from Nietschze but that is just because I don't like philosophy based on religion.

This isn't so much idolatry as in statue-worship as more respect for the things they've said and done throughout their lives. David Gilmour springs to mind, too.

Because Myanmar and North Korea are communist/dictatorship states with a similar government?

And because Castro may have good healthcare standards than the US, but I have a pretty low opinion of the US as it is? To me, a dickhole who pursues deviants and suppresses free speech is still a dickhole, no matter his "health care and human rights" Human rights, if you conform to his standards. Fuck that shit, mate. I don't care if Cuba is fucking 300x as well off as the countries I mentioned, dictatorship is dictatorship and he's still not ruling his fucking country properly.

Kofi Annan because he is one of the best diplomats out there and because he was one of the best leaders of the UN in his time. Came from poor Ghanaian family, turned out to be one of the best world politicians.

Back
Top Bottom