• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

I can't express how excited I am. Silver got me into Pokemon, I had a kick-ass Typhlosion (PPMaxed Flamethrower and took down the Elite 4 SO many times), and a whole bunch of other stuff. Then they made D/P, which I would have gotten, BUT THIS RETARD SAT ON MY DS. It broke, and I gradually fell out of the fandom. If anything can make me feel like an eight-to-ten year-old again, SoulSilver will be it. I hope they don't screw this up, but from what I've seen, HG/SS will be frickin awesome.

Um, isn't that how it always works? You know, the whole 'Pokemon is from Japan' thing? With the exception of Puzzle League, which is US only (and possibly Europe, I wouldn't know), yeah...

Yes, I know that's how it always works. I was just expressing the long wait fans have to deal with in other countries that get the latest products later than Japan. While we're all hyped up when the latest game comes in our area, fans in Japan are like, "Oh, that game's so old, it's been out for months here.".

I suppose it's only fair, like you said, Pokemon originated in Japan.

I think "Shinto" is a portmanteau of "Shinou" and "Johto". Kind of like Tohjo Falls being Kanto + Johto.

I'm interested to see what else might be in that area past Cianwood. :]

I know what Shinto is. I just spent two weeks visiting various Shinto shrines. Why would they call the temple "Shinto" with the religion in mind? It's a bit too obvious and about the equivalent of it being called "Christian Church" or something if the game were American. :\ Furthermore, why would they assign the name of a real religion to a fictional mythology involving Pokemon?

The portmanteau makes more sense - it's been done before in Johto to make a connection between two regions. The shrine is a place for capturing a Sinnoh (Shinou) Pokemon in Johto. The name is there to show the connection.

We also have the fact that it doesn't mean just the religion to consider. Bulbapedia seems to translate what's used in the game to "silent".

Last edited:
I dunno, I just really doubt they would call it the same name as their religion without that in mind. It would be like translating Chansey's Platinum dex entry to read, "A Christian Pokemon that lays highly nutritious eggs and shares them with injured Pokémon or people". It's technically correct, but it's just not the word you'd usually use if you didn't want to bring up the idea of the religion in some way or another.

Even if they're not specifically connecting the Shinto Ruins to the religion Shinto, I think they're at least trying to bring to mind a mood of spirituality or sacredness. Which is fitting, considering it seems to be (key word: seems) primarily or solely for the use of the Arceus event.

Um, isn't that how it always works? You know, the whole 'Pokemon is from Japan' thing? With the exception of Puzzle League, which is US only (and possibly Europe, I wouldn't know), yeah...

Doubt it. Tetris Attack is Panel De Pon in japan, so we prolly got that same game in the form of pokemon. And it prolly came out in japan first under a new name,

HeartGold for me. In honur of a friend of mine who that put "HeartGold ftw" in my year-book considering I might never see him again... I never played the original G/S, but I'm still excited ! = )

I know this is off topic, but I can explain. The DS events are entirely wireless. What you do is, you go to the location where the event is being held, making sure that you have Mystery Gift beforehand (and have obtained the Pokedex, but that's rather obvious). Also, if you've been to an event before, you should make sure you don't already have two Wonder Cards. To delete one, just go to "Wonder Cards" or whatever (yeah, I haven't been to an event in a while) after "Mystery Gift" and delete one. You may want to choose carefully, as I believe you can transfer them wirelessly to friends so they can have the event.

Start up the game, go into first menu after the start screen (the one where you select your file), and then select "Mystery Gift". Select "Download via Wireless", then wait for it to detect the signal. Once it has, download the Wonder Card, and then go back to the first menu. Load your file, and make your way to any Poke Mart. Inside there should be a man in green. Make sure you have room in your party, and talk to him. You'll receive the event Pokemon. Do whatever you want afterwards, but make sure you save before you shut off. There! :3

How do you get Mystery Gift again? Also, I'm fairly sure the events nowadays are held at participating Toys R Us; am I way out of the times or am I right?

Also - I'm fairly sure this has been asked in the topic, but I'm not sure if it's been answered: are the games DSi exclusive or not? Only reason I'm asking is because I just saw a Mario Kart DS commercial that claimed it was "only for the DS and DSi", and I'm fairly sure no GBA game commercials I've seen said the game was "only for the GBA and the GBASP". :/

How do you get Mystery Gift again? Also, I'm fairly sure the events nowadays are held at participating Toys R Us; am I way out of the times or am I right?
I don't think there's a set place where the events are held. I believe Regigigas was given out several months ago at Toys R Us, and about a year ago Deoxys was given out at Gamestop. It all depends on what company Nintendo gets to host the event, I think.

Bulbanews has a list of currently-running events on its main page and a list of upcoming events on a subpage. It doesn't mention where they're held, but I assume there's further info somewhere on their site.

Doubt it. Tetris Attack is Panel De Pon in japan, so we prolly got that same game in the form of pokemon. And it prolly came out in japan first under a new name,
I know I'm late in replying to this (because before I had no idea what you were talking about), but no, it was never released in Japan. Even if you don't find Serebii to be a very reputable source, do you really think a game based off of the anime would get released in Japan?

You really ought to check your sources before you go making assumptions.

Back
Top Bottom