• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Kabigon

Yes We Can!! Obama Wins!
Well after ten long years, it finally happened. They are going to remake the game. I'm definately gonna probably get SoulSilver. So anyways, what do you think? What is your starter going to be? I'm definately gonna get back into Pokemon during this. Man. I don't know what to think.

Starter? Probably Totodile. He wasn't worth using in G/S/C (at least not for me), but now what with the Physical/Special split, I'd consider him the best starter. Though I might get Chikorita anyways. Can't decide. ><

I think what I'm looking forward to the most, aside from the game itself, is the new sprites and if there will be any. They might be lazy and keep them the same, but they changed them in FireRed/LeafGreen. Maybe they'll only give the original 251 Pokemon in G/S/C new sprites?

The names sound really silly, imo.

But it's yet another Pokemon game that seems not very interesting :/ I dunno, they need to do something different with the Pokemon games, instead of the usual 'catch pokemon, beat evil-team, beat gym leaders and become champion' that doesn't involved Shadow Pokemon. Maybe i'm just too old for Pokemon now :P

*puts up flame shield*

yes yes yes yes YES

i can once again get my beloved Cyndaquil back after losing my Silver version in a Home Depot store ;_;

want want WANT.

Woot. I was never very optimistic about or very pro- GS remakes (more like "sure why not"), but now that they're confirmed, I'm thrilled :D I'll definitely get Chikorita, but I'm not sure if I should get HG or SS... I had Gold back in the day (which also was my first Pokémon game), so the question is if I should go with the same as then, or if I should take the other one this time.

Maybe I'll let it become a matter of version exclusives...

Yes. I've got to say I like Soul& Heart.

Totodile for me, unless Cyndaquil tempts me too far.

Hmm, I'm not to keen on the names, but I'm sure they'll grow on me. I'm defiantly going to get it, but I'm not sure which one yet. Ah well, I've got a long time to decide.

i'm so looking forward to this game. i'm really fed up with the batteriesdying in old games.
tbh i'll prolly just ditch my starter for a different pokemon early on but oh well, depends if you can trade from diamond and pearl before you complete the game

Hmm. It's very good news in my opinion, and personally I quite like the names, although they do sound rather more feminine than I'd expect. Not sure how. As for version - well, there's a long time to decide, but Fredie and I have decided to get versions opposite to each other. AS for starter... well, I always chose Cyndaquil, but I don't know... maybe Chikorita... possibly even Totodile... I really don't know, heh...

YAY :D
Don't really know if I'll get it though. Any new content will probably be pretty unimpressive based on FR/LG, and I really never was all too crazy about the GSC starters =s

Since I've ALWAYS picked Chikorita, I'm going with Totodile this time. Probably because Cyndaquil is the "easy" starter.

What I'm hoping the most for these games is that they'll keep the feel that Johto had in the originals - the 'off-the-beaten-path' region with all the sleepy towns. Fr/Lg had a distinctly different graphic style from R/S/E, and I'm hoping they'll do the same thing here too, because I can't really imagine Johto going well with Sinnoh graphics. I hope we get some screenshots or something with the announcement on Sunday.

I'm assuming the Pokegear will be on the touch screen like the Pokétch. I'm kind of hoping they don't turn it into a Pokétch clone, but at the same time I'd like to see how they revamp it. :V

Awesome.
I'm getting a Totadile and SoulSilver.
I personally like Dusk and Dawn, but these names are cool as well.

Back
Top Bottom