• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother's only issue with my looks is my hair, she really wants me to keep it girly. But a new hairdresser's just opened on the other side of the street so er good luck mum.

And sorry, I understand your anger, but you can't blame kids for their views on sex. It's created by society and how adults view gender, you can't expect children to be able to form independent views on something that complex.

^ Yeah, you're right. I've just driven it firmly into my brain that all children are idiots (I don't work well around them at all, if you can imagine). It still pisses me off no matter where it comes from though. :\

Yeah, he is eight. It's mostly what he's learned that's making his decisions.

Tell him and everyone that who you are is not between your legs :B

reeeeeeeelevantly Jon walked up to me the other day and went 'so do you wanna be my brother or my sister.' Soup rise! I told him honestly and he was just like 'k' and walked off. I was like ... what

ALSO i am really lonely. I am always complaining about this. I want a relationship for fucks sake.

Oh, children, and their need to have everything fit into a simple little box that their simple little minds can feel comfortable with. The most intolerant people I've ever seen of straying from gender norms have been kids. Which is probably among the myriad of reasons why I hate them so much.

Really?...
I see children as the most open, flexible people on the planet. Their minds may be simple, but they're in the process of forming their boundaries. They don't think that way because it's just their thought process; they do because that's what they perceive as correct from the influence around them. Children learn by mimicry remember, if parents are adamantly opposed to gender norms so too will their children. The problem is that with the new-wave of LGBT openness parents who oppose are spreading it to their young children.
Nonetheless, they're highly prone to influence. You could just as easily try and override your parents input in your brother if you did it correctly; see if you can get him to start questioning them. Kids are the opposite of a simple closed box, they're open to everything before it closes. It may or may not become irrelevant when they become more self-aware, but for the time being I would keep it in mind.

It might work on other kids, but my brother isn't really open to new ideas. In fact, he's probably the most stubborn thing I've ever seen in my life. There's not really anything me, my parents, or anyone else can do once he gets an idea of how things are in his head. Logic doesn't work, and it eventually spirals into him not wanting to admit he's wrong and trying to drop the conversation. he's already got all the makings of a great conservative christian fundamentalist!

I wish I had one open-minded person in my family. :\

today was. Awesome.

Went to the museum of science and industry in chicago with my mom -- mainly to see the harry potter exhibit they have (SUPER SWEET). We were waiting at the line-up spot for the HP exhibit and the guy (who put on this silly british accent, they all do) eyed my slytherin t-shirt and did this :| and approached my mom 'EXCUSE ME. I DON'T SUPPOSE HE USED DARK MAGIC TO DUPLICATE THESE HMMMM' and i was like ;3 no i r gud slytherin. Mom was wearing my dumbledore's army shirt and he told her to 'keep an eye on him.'

Later, in the soopr cute chick hatchery (bawww. side anecdote time: everyone was crowded around them and they were just chirping and wandering. I came over by the glass and they all ran to me eee) and one had just hatched it was so cute and frazzled. Anyways, the egg pieces had a 2 marked on them -- a teenage girl said that to her mom and I told her that actually er all the eggs were marked 2. 'Hm,' she says to her mom. 'He says they're all marked two.'

I don't know why I was so thrilled by all that. I felt like captain ego boost. Especially since the sweet slytherin shirt I'm wearing is pretty tight fitting and booby enhancing. teeeehee.

Christmas is edging ever closer which means so is my chance to finally see my boyfriend in person <333

Also about kids, yes they're all idiots. I got called a grenade-head once O_o

today was. Awesome.

Went to the museum of science and industry in chicago with my mom -- mainly to see the harry potter exhibit they have (SUPER SWEET). We were waiting at the line-up spot for the HP exhibit and the guy (who put on this silly british accent, they all do) eyed my slytherin t-shirt and did this :| and approached my mom 'EXCUSE ME. I DON'T SUPPOSE HE USED DARK MAGIC TO DUPLICATE THESE HMMMM' and i was like ;3 no i r gud slytherin. Mom was wearing my dumbledore's army shirt and he told her to 'keep an eye on him.'

Later, in the soopr cute chick hatchery (bawww. side anecdote time: everyone was crowded around them and they were just chirping and wandering. I came over by the glass and they all ran to me eee) and one had just hatched it was so cute and frazzled. Anyways, the egg pieces had a 2 marked on them -- a teenage girl said that to her mom and I told her that actually er all the eggs were marked 2. 'Hm,' she says to her mom. 'He says they're all marked two.'

I don't know why I was so thrilled by all that. I felt like captain ego boost. Especially since the sweet slytherin shirt I'm wearing is pretty tight fitting and booby enhancing. teeeehee.

Awww man, Verne, I felt happy for you just reading it <3
Did your mum react okay after the keep-an-eye-on-him guy?

Oh yeah. Ever since my brother approached me I think she's given up on the whole MUST CORRECT PEOPLE'S PRONOUN USAGE thing so it's pretty sweet -- 'how old is he' (re field museum whoop) gets an answer of 'seventeen,' not 'she's seventeen.' She said she wants to correct people but doesn't which is nice. She even calls me matt sometimes.

Usually as a 'you aren't paying attention name.'

Sarah. Sarah. Sarah. Matt get over here right now :|

[[BABBLES]]

Oh yeah. Ever since my brother approached me I think she's given up on the whole MUST CORRECT PEOPLE'S PRONOUN USAGE thing so it's pretty sweet -- 'how old is he' (re field museum whoop) gets an answer of 'seventeen,' not 'she's seventeen.' She said she wants to correct people but doesn't which is nice. She even calls me matt sometimes.

Usually as a 'you aren't paying attention name.'

Sarah. Sarah. Sarah. Matt get over here right now :|

[[BABBLES]]

It's always nice to have supportive parents ^_^

Even though I don't really know you at all, I'm happy for you ^_^

tl;dr hello I am in France. Coming out to anyone is always really hard, and even worse with parents. Do what feels right and when it feels right.

I know this is a bit late, but those pride festival pictures look really cool, Salamander. I'd love to go to one. ; ; And it's awesome that your school had a float. Those ballons are amazing, too; they look like bunches of grapes or something. x3 Or just, you know, balloons. But they're awesome.

Christmas is edging ever closer which means so is my chance to finally see my boyfriend in person <333

:O Very cool.

Uh. I get to see my crush on Wednesday, after two weeks on holiday? Heh. I hope she's missed me. It's likely she hasn't missed me much, but you know. I'd like to hug her, but I don't know her that well. I mean I know her reasonably well-ish but eh. Gah, I'm so shy about hugging people sometimes. I'm perfectly happy to accept a hug from someone I barely know but I'm hesitant about hugging someone I've known significantly, or sort of, for quite a while.

Also, I love how short hair looks on girls, whether they look very feminine or not. I find it strange how some people are so hung up on the "girls should have long hair" thing when so many feminine-looking girls today have short hair. Surely that should help them realise that if a girl does want to look feminine, it's not necessary for her to have long hair. If those people think that girls should have long hair because they consider it feminine, that is.

Last edited:
I know this is a bit late, but those pride festival pictures look really cool, Salamander. I'd love to go to one. ; ; And it's awesome that your school had a float. Those ballons are amazing, too; they look like bunches of grapes or something. x3 Or just, you know, balloons. But they're awesome.

:O Very cool.

Uh. I get to see my crush on Wednesday, after two weeks on holiday? Heh. I hope she's missed me. It's likely she hasn't missed me much, but you know. I'd like to hug her, but I don't know her that well. I mean I know her reasonably well-ish but eh. Gah, I'm so shy about hugging people sometimes. I'm perfectly happy to accept a hug from someone I barely know but I'm hesitant about hugging someone I've known significantly, or sort of, for quite a while.

Also, I love how short hair looks on girls, whether they look very feminine or not. I find it strange how some people are so hung up on the "girls should have long hair" thing when so many feminine-looking girls today have short hair. Surely that should help them realise that if a girl does want to look feminine, it's not necessary for her to have long hair. If those people think that girls should have long hair because they consider it feminine, that is.

Many females have short hair these days. I believe the actor Diane Keaton has short hair and she still looks quite feminine o.o

Yes, that's what I was saying. :O Short-haired girls can still look feminine. Although I might have said it in a confusing way, sorry. Ehe.

Oh, oops, sorry. x3; I thought because you used the o.o smiley, you were confused about my point. Never mind.

Yarp, I'm a gay girl. :B I see from your signature you're bi. Uh. High five! *grins*

I'm gonna see the Gay Icons expo in London later this month and I'm pretty pumped. Does anyone else ever go see these things or am the only one who likes this kind of faggy stuff?

I'm glad you'll be seeing your boyfriend, Wyvern, and you your crush, Flazeah (today wasn't it? I never now whether my calendar's a day off or not). I understand your hugging issue perfectly, though I've never been in a situation like that myself since all my crushes so-far have been older guys and they (thankfully?) aren't very interested in hugging me. Girls are often a lot more open to hugging, even if the other person isn't a very close friend, so with some courage and a bit of naturality it shouldn't be too hard.

And yeah, coming out's pretty hard, as you said, Harle. The only time I ever mentioned my feelings to a friend he never talked to me properly again. I haven't told anyone since.

That's what the club's here for I guess.

Though I feel so lucky since all of my friends, even a homophobe, accept me.

*pours us all some champagne with a strawberry on top* I'd like to propose a toast...

To acceptance and equality!!

I love you all <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom