• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Warriors Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all right ^_^
I'll just write in the changes on the one on my wall. Assorted colorful gel pens can really come in handy =D

~Until next time
Dawnwish~

I was reading po3 when I got bored and wrote yet another name generation scheme as a programming exercise, but its datafiles are small - it only has the prefixes and suffixes for the names in the first series, Outcast, and Long Shadows - so I'm hoping somebody can come up with a list of all or most of the canon names, because I'm too lazy to parse them out of an image manually.

In other words, I want a big list of names, hopefully textual. And maybe some interesting information about how I failed in that generator.

Last edited:
In other words, I want a big list of names, hopefully textual. And maybe some interesting information about how I failed in that generator.

LIST OF NAMES 8D (site is still in progress btw)

Also: I've written chapter 7 of Temporal Flight (also I decided to completely revamp the plot of the sixth book) and updated The Kits' New Game slightly.

IN ACTUAL WARRIORS NEWS: The third book of OotS is going to be called either Betrayal or Dark Betrayal.

I got Smokemist on the name generator!

I tested a few others out... why does it always end in Mist? Or maybe that's just the names. xD

Also, the name list is useful. I didn't know there was such a prefix as Twig. :D Apparently, the most popular prefix is White-, with 9 names, and the most popular suffix is -tail, with 44 names. Prefixes seem to vary more than suffixes, mainly because there are more suffixes.

It'll probably be Dark Betrayal since that's cooler.

And just 'cause I said that it'll be Betrayal. Wait for it to come out and we'll see~

o hay guys ive been avoiding you while you were talking about bp
i dont have it
grammar fail

But Dragon is alive now :o

Er, did you type anything in the second box? I know that the null string a lookup for the hash of the nullstring returns mist.

Yes, I did. :D I have no idea what the second sentence means, but I thought the first name went in the first box and the last name went in the second box.

Yes, I did. :D

Sill coding error. Did a n mod instead of mod n in the generation. :D

I have no idea what the second sentence means,

It takes the md5 hex checksum bitwise xor'd with a constant of the input for each box, and add the hex vaslue of every four digits, adds them, and mods that by the number of possibilities. digest of your last name xor digest of 'main' probably gave a 1 or something. It did modulus twice in the generation code, so it still gave a valid answer.

Then again, that was probably mostly incomprehensible, too.

but I thought the first name went in the first box and the last name went in the second box.

You can think of it that way. It doesn't matter, though; you could enter your mother's maiden name for all it matters.

yeah I want to try and get stonefur out of the generator.

13260 possibilities, but if you find one part of it, you don't have to mess with the other part, so that's approximately 221+60=281, which is still not something to do manually.

For the computer, though, trivial.

First 'cd', second 'e'.

Last edited:
I get Marshpad with my real name and Nightwatcher with "Dawn Wish".
With other characters in my fic, I get Ryefoot (the prefix of the character's father 0_o), Lizardbreeze from the villain's name, Lakeleg from one of the leaders, Nettlefoot from the future warrior name of a current apprentice, Pebbleflight from the main character's mother...
One of the elders generates Bravemask and one of the most beautiful and very kind warriors gets "Fireear". Fire-ear? Sounds odd xD

lolol having so much fun with this generator =P

~Until next time
Dawnwish

... what do you mean? Dx

nullstring is the string that contains nothing. The thing between the single quotation marks: ''

One of the elders generates Bravemask and one of the most beautiful and very kind warriors gets "Fireear". Fire-ear? Sounds odd xD

well, the prefixes are in this file and the suffixes in this one, so it shouldn't be that hard to find something really ridiculous. Something like Blossomtalon or Sunbee.

lolol having so much fun with this generator =P

Would you mind donating the equivalent of 0 USD?

the warriors forum is annoying me because I cant sign in even though I checked my password like 4 times and all posts have to be approved by a administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom