• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

UK-based Eurofags, I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furretsu

World of Glass
Do you realize how fucking stupid your use of the word "bloody" sounds to the rest of the world?

EDIT: By Europeans I mean England, the rest of the UK and other commonwealth countries. And I think Australia uses it too. :V

EDIT(2): Topic title fixed!

Last edited:
Re: Europeans, I have a question

I only think they use that bloody word on the bloody isles off the coast, mate. Don't blame us bloody mainland denizens for the awkward language use on the citizens of that bloody lily floating near our bloody side of the bloody pond.

Well England isnt even part of mainland europe so it pains me to see how you call england or australia european lol

I only put "Europe" because you're from the Netherlands and I saw you using it in opal's Last.fm shoutbox. D=

If you meant mainly the UK, why did you put Europeans this is hilarious. xD
Try telling the rest of Europe we belong in their continent and they'll laugh in your faaace.

And do you realise how stupid your American English sounds to the rest of the world? Seriously.

Cirrus has a point. I find that American english sounds completely retarded and flat compared to British English. I actually kind of like Canadian though that is affectionate. Or Scots.

Do you realize how fucking stupid everything America does seems to the rest of the world? Yeah, thought so.

Also Britain puts Darwin on our money.
Does that mean there aren't any religious people here?

Anyway who says everyone here says 'bloody'?

The American word 'douche' is stupider.

I hate these America vs. EuropebutmainlyBritainbutmainlyEngland threads.

The American word 'douche' is stupider.

I hate these America vs. EuropebutmainlyBritain threads.

This. 'Douche'... what does it actually mean, anyway? When I hear/read it, it makes me think of a soggy, used teabag for some reason.

A jet or current of water or vapour directed upon some part of the body to benefit it medicinally (especially when used as a "too-late" contraceptive method.)

Also, in French, se doucher means 'to shower oneself'.

The British don't use 'bloody' nearly as much as you make us out to do, rest of the world. It's a bit like the Americans have far less people weighing over 80 stone than we perceive them to.

But, I have to say, some words in American English, like 'jello' and 'automobile' make the Americans sound like idiots.

I'm pretty sure 'douche' wouldn't be in a British English dictionary, as it isn't even a word here...

Just out of curiosity if Americans use British English in schools, do they get marked wrong?

And which kind of English do other possibly non-English speaking countries learn?

I'm an American that uses British English. What does this mean?

It means that the world is ending.

So, if you say 'car', then other people think you are a lunatic? If you say pants, referring to underwear, then they think that you refer to trousers? If you say jelly, they think you're referring to jam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom