• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I didn't see that since Negrek hadn't updated the post. And yes, he can still challenge Psymon on his own if Psymon's willing to have two hectic battles like that going at once.

I'll ref your Metronome battle if you like as soon as I can get the tournament battle finished, but if you have your original description of the Times Square arena that would help. I mean, I could just not be lazy and get one myself, and I'm from New York so it'd be a travesty if I didn't know what it looked like and what was there anyway... but why would I ever not be lazy?

I've edited the arena (again); and I'd be fine with you reffing, unless somebody else is really eager to ref this one.

*Un-DQed Celebration glomp*

So, Twiggy, what do you say about a battle at Skroy's house?

How about his labtop which he's sneaking on at night? The forums are in the bacround, and he's rapidly typing on the Poke-Phile forums. Every round, Skroy has a 1/26 chance of crushing your pokemon, causing it 10% damage. He spilt some Iced tea on his computor, however, he is a bit too busy to clean it up. One can use it for water moves. Weather moves work, oddly.

Remember that the computor can be shorted out.

Wtf was that challenge? Anyway, I accept it, but I'll make some fine tuning.

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Skroy horitz's laptop

This arena is simply a big, black laptop. There is a 5% chance that skroy will close his leptop, smashing all the pokemon on the arena and dealing 10% of damage to every active pokemon. There are some ice tea spots on the arena that can be used for water moves, and have a 5% chance of moderately freezing targets hurt by using these puddles. Electric attacks gain a 5% damage boost.

Other: profile

My battle with Alrauune has finished, so I'm itching for another quick-ity battle.

1v1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 85%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Chills, direct healing moves
Arena: Time Freeze Pocket

The battle takes place in a peculiar little area where time has more or less stopped. Sand is suspended in the air, birds are still in the sky, wings still extended, a leaf is upside-down in mid-air. Everything is at a standstill.

Well, not everything. Stuff that randomly runs into the Time Freeze Pocket can still move, albeit very, verrry slowly. For some reason, though, while actual movement takes a great deal of time and effort, projectiles still travel at the same speed. What this means is, all Pokemons' speeds are cut in half, and if they use a physical move, they are considered to move last in their priority bracket and use 4% more energy. Special moves still behave the same. Transportation moves such as Teleport cost 3% more energy, though they still keep their priority order.

I wonder what this could be?

My battle with Alrauune has finished, so I'm itching for another quick-ity battle.

1v1 single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 85%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Chills, direct healing moves
Arena: Time Freeze Pocket

The battle takes place in a peculiar little area where time has more or less stopped. Sand is suspended in the air, birds are still in the sky, wings still extended, a leaf is upside-down in mid-air. Everything is at a standstill.

Well, not everything. Stuff that randomly runs into the Time Freeze Pocket can still move, albeit very, verrry slowly. For some reason, though, while actual movement takes a great deal of time and effort, projectiles still travel at the same speed. What this means is, all Pokemons' speeds are cut in half, and if they use a physical move, they are considered to move last in their priority bracket and use 4% more energy. Special moves still behave the same. Transportation moves such as Teleport cost 3% more energy, though they still keep their priority order.

I wonder what this could be?

Sounds interesting. I'd love to battle you! My profile link.

3vs3 single
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 10%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather related moves.
Arena: 3 foot high glass box

Just your average everyday heavy duty glass box that's unbreakable and goes down to the bedrock. Trainers stand on top near little holes so their Pokémon can hear their orders.

Only Pokémon under 3 feet tall can fight.

Newbie profile.

3vs3 single

Just your average everyday heavy duty glass box that's unbreakable and goes down to the bedrock. Trainers stand on top near little holes so their Pokémon can hear their orders.

Newbie profile.

Want to fight me? I acctualy don't have challenges running(expect the one against chaon which isn't even on the challenge board. and scyther didn't accept my challenge).

Uh, would you accept this little edit?

3vs3 single

In addition, the glass box is always filled with a dark gas, lowering the accuracy of every move by 3% and having the permanent effect of haze, meaning stat changes can't occur, no matter for what reason they would happen.

Edit: profile

Last edited:
Want to fight me? I acctualy don't have challenges running(expect the one against chaon which isn't even on the challenge board. and scyther didn't accept my challenge).

Uh, would you accept this little edit?

3vs3 single

In addition, the glass box is always filled with a dark gas, lowering the accuracy of every move by 3% and having the permanent effect of haze, meaning stat changes can't occur, no matter for what reason they would happen.

Edit: profile

Sure. :3

FOR INSANE ZIGZAGOON (Crazy Linoone)

3vs3 single
DQ: 5 Days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 'chills' limited to 3/pokémon

Arena: Jello Square of Gigantism

To indulge my love of all things Jello and Crazy Linoone's obsession with food-based fields, the following field has been made;

A humongous, wiggling, jiggling, shivering cube of gelatin, plopped down in the very deserted clearing that once held an oversized, piping-hot blueberry pie. The slippery surface of the delectable dessert itself is divided in half, each half a color of a battler's choosing. Any Pokémon that would be otherwise forced to fall off of the battlefield will be stopped by the mystical Jello spirits protecting the area and lifted back up. The arena itself is large enough for a battle between a couple of Snorlax, with room to spare.

Every round, the Jello flavor on the field will change. The changes are as follows, and each has a 10% chance of happening:

Clear- No effect.
Cherry- +1 attack to anyone who eats it.
Blue Rasberry- +1 defense to anyone who eats it.
Strawberry- +1 special attack to anyone who eats it.
Lime- +1 special defense to anyone who eats it.
Piña Colada-tov Cocktail- Explosive; causes roughly 5% typless damage if thrown, plus the normal damage taken from a projectile; highly combustable and causes mild heartburn if consumed.
Root Beer- Causes all Pokémon (and trainers) to float slightly and weigh one-fourth of normal weight for the entire round.
Coffee- Gives standard level of energy for a chill and does not count towards chill counter. Causes mild confusion three actions after consumption.
Green Tea- Cures any status effects other than Freeze and Attracted when eaten. Gives 5% health to all pokémon the first time it appears.
Pudding- The field turns to Jello-brand pudding for the round, but magically retains its cube shape, except on the top. -1 speed to Pokémon.
Watermelon- Increases the power of all projectile attacks by x1.5.

There is an equal chance of all of the flavor changes, but if the referee rolls the same flavor as the previous round, he/she must reroll until a different one is randomly selected. In addition, chills are replaced by the order to eat jello, which replenishes the same amount of energy as a chill would.

Other: Large puddles of melted jello will be automatically provided for water-dependent Pokémon. These can also be requested at the release of any Pokémon. Any and all water-type moves will immediately turn to jello-juice as it leaves the user's various orifices, and moves like Surf (which are fueled by a rather large part of the field liquifying) will form out of liquified gelatin.

FOR INSANE ZIGZAGOON (Crazy Linoone)

3vs3 single
DQ: 5 Days
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 'chills' limited to 3/pokémon

Arena: Jello Square of Gigantism

To indulge my love of all things Jello and Crazy Linoone's obsession with food-based fields, the following field has been made;

A humongous, wiggling, jiggling, shivering cube of gelatin, plopped down in the very deserted clearing that once held an oversized, piping-hot blueberry pie. The slippery surface of the delectable dessert itself is divided in half, each half a color of a battler's choosing. Any Pokémon that would be otherwise forced to fall off of the battlefield will be stopped by the mystical Jello spirits protecting the area and lifted back up. The arena itself is large enough for a battle between a couple of Snorlax, with room to spare.

Every round, the Jello flavor on the field will change. The changes are as follows, and each has a 10% chance of happening:

Clear- No effect.
Cherry- +1 attack to anyone who eats it.
Blue Rasberry- +1 defense to anyone who eats it.
Strawberry- +1 special attack to anyone who eats it.
Lime- +1 special defense to anyone who eats it.
Piña Colada-tov Cocktail- Explosive; causes roughly 5% typless damage if thrown, plus the normal damage taken from a projectile; highly combustable and causes mild heartburn if consumed.
Root Beer- Causes all Pokémon (and trainers) to float slightly and weigh one-fourth of normal weight for the entire round.
Coffee- Gives standard level of energy for a chill and does not count towards chill counter. Causes mild confusion three actions after consumption.
Green Tea- Cures any status effects other than Freeze and Attracted when eaten. Gives 5% health to all pokémon the first time it appears.
Pudding- The field turns to Jello-brand pudding for the round, but magically retains its cube shape, except on the top. -1 speed to Pokémon.
Watermelon- Increases the power of all projectile attacks by x1.5.

There is an equal chance of all of the flavor changes, but if the referee rolls the same flavor as the previous round, he/she must reroll until a different one is randomly selected. In addition, chills are replaced by the order to eat jello, which replenishes the same amount of energy as a chill would.

Other: Large puddles of melted jello will be automatically provided for water-dependent Pokémon. These can also be requested at the release of any Pokémon. Any and all water-type moves will immediately turn to jello-juice as it leaves the user's various orifices, and moves like Surf (which are fueled by a rather large part of the field liquifying) will form out of liquified gelatin.

TAKING because it's a giant Jello square.

Okay, let's try this again.

Battle Format: 2v2 single
Battle Style: Set
DQ Time: 5 days
Banned Moves: OHKO moves, Direct Recovery Moves, Chilling more than once per round
Arena: Blistering Desert

Very barren, Blistering Desert is, obviously, a desert. The actual arena is in the shape of a circle, surrounded by large rock pillars, each varying from eight to twelve feet tall. By default, the weather Sunny Day is activated, due to the harsh sun beating down during the day. The Sun follows a cycle, the first stage being sunrise, the second noon, and the third sunset. Every round, the stage of the Sun's cycle goes forward. After sunset, it becomes nighttime. Lanterns on the rock pillars activate during nighttime to make everything visible. The moon follows a similar cycle: moonrise, midnight, and dawn. Sunny day is deactivated during nighttime, but restarted at the beginning of each sunrise stage. Rain Dance cannot be used in the daytime. If any weather besides sunny day is activated, it will stay until the next sunrise phase. If sunny day is activated during the nighttime, it becomes sunrise.

Daytime rules:
Water- and Ice-types are deducted 2% health at the end of each round.
Grass-types receive a 1% energy increase at the end of each round.
Fire-types receive a 1% health and energy boost at the end of each round.
Water- and Ice-type moves are docked 3% damage, and require 2% extra energy.
Fire-type moves deal 3% more damage, and require 2% less energy.

Nighttime rules:
Fire-types are deducted 2% health and energy at the end of each round.
Ice-types receive a 1% health and energy boost at the end of each round.
Ice-type moves receive a 3% damage increase, and require 2% less energy.

Additional Rules: Rain Dance disallowed in the day.

Profile Link: here.

Last edited:
Okay, let's try this again.

Battle Format: 2v2 single
Battle Style: Set
DQ Time: 5 days
Banned Moves: OHKO moves, Direct Recovery Moves, Chilling more than once per round
Arena: Blistering Desert

Very barren, Blistering Desert is, obviously, a desert. The actual arena is in the shape of a circle, surrounded by large rock pillars, each varying from eight to twelve feet tall. By default, the weather Sunny Day is activated, due to the harsh sun beating down during the day. The Sun follows a cycle, the first stage being sunrise, the second noon, and the third sunset. Every round, the stage of the Sun's cycle goes forward. After sunset, it becomes nighttime. Lanterns on the rock pillars activate during nighttime to make everything visible. The moon follows a similar cycle: moonrise, midnight, and dawn. Sunny day is deactivated during nighttime, but restarted at the beginning of each sunrise stage. Rain Dance cannot be used in the daytime. If any weather besides sunny day is activated, it will stay until the next sunrise phase. If sunny day is activated during the nighttime, it becomes sunrise.

Daytime rules:
Water- and Ice-types are deducted 2% health at the end of each round.
Grass-types receive a 1% energy increase at the end of each round.
Fire-types receive a 1% health and energy boost at the end of each round.
Water- and Ice-type moves are docked 3% damage, and require 2% extra energy.
Fire-type moves deal 3% more damage, and require 2% less energy.

Nighttime rules:
Fire-types are deducted 2% health and energy at the end of each round.
Ice-types receive a 1% health and energy boost at the end of each round.
Ice-type moves receive a 3% damage increase, and require 2% less energy.

Additional Rules: Rain Dance disallowed in the day.

Profile Link: here.

If I'm allowed to, I'll accept this.

HEY! Look! A Profile!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom