• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I'd really like another battle :B
2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Seven Days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct-Healing moves, Earthquake, Weather-changing moves.
Arena: Underground Cave

The battle takes place in an underground cave around 500m below the surface. Special lanterns have been affixed to the walls around the arena to provide light; these cannot be extinguished by pokemon. The cave is high-ceilinged and about the size of two tennis courts side-by-side. There are a few small cave ponds, no deeper than 1.5m deep and 3m wide. There is a small passage at one end of the room where the trainers will enter and exit, but this is off-limit to battlers.
Pokemon Rangers in the area have placed a ban on Earthquake, as they haven't detemined how stable this cave is just yet. Stalactites litter the ceiling, and can and will fall if a tremor shakes the vicinity - take care when using attacks like stomp or body slam! Falling Stalactites will deal 5% rock damage, and they fall straight down (there is 50% chance that they won't hit, because of this). Large boulders and stones litter the arena and can provide shelter. The air is breathable, but the cave is not well-ventilated, so air-based moves such as smog or poison gas will take three actions longer to disappear than they would ordinarily.
Can I request stage-one or baby pokemon only? I'm new to this and I don't especially want to be pummelled by your charizard just yet.

ASB profile =)

Since my battle with Xaldin ended, I'm free too accept this. Don't worry, all my pokemon are in their first stages.

Thanks to Mike The Foxhog for pointing out I was missing this.

Last edited:
Hello, I'd like to start my first ASB battle in a long time. So here goes.

2v2, one out at a time
Style: switch
DQ Time: 3 day/72 hours (so active players, please)
Damage Caps: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited 5/pokemon
Arena: A large, grassy foothill (about the size of two football fields), surrounded by tall pine trees at the bottom of a mountain. The field itself has few rocks but grass that is about a foot tall. A small brooke travels down the mountain and through the field, with extremely clear and chilly water. The brooke is slow-running and has many rocks, under and above the surface of the water. A Pokemon could easily run across without getting wet. As of right now, the weather is nice and breezy, but a storm cloud on the horizon could possibly pose as a threat if it approaches. About a mile or so up the mountain, the tree-line stops and the rest is covered in rock. If a Pokemon does an Earthquake attack (or similar), it could loosen the rocks above and pose as a threat to both Pokemon.

I would also appreciate it if someone new-ish took up this challenge. Thank you! =)

Profile: http://www.dragonflycave.com/FoRuMs/showpost.php?p=347864&postcount=158

Last edited:
Hm. Seeing as I've decided that I wish to decline Loco's challenge, I'll take Shivaree's.

Ohoho.

It appears I've got the advantage here, with ALL YOUR TEAM BEING WEAK TO KAPPA'S SURF OF DOOM.

Right, I'm posting a challenge. =3

1 v. 1 Single
DQ: 5 days
Banned: OHKO moves.
Arena: Field

This field of grass was once a farm, and still has some traces of the farm still left. There is a fence situated around the arena, and there is also a tractor standing next to a tree in the arena. If you touch the tractor in any way, there is a 10% chance that it will deal 5% electric type damage, unless the pokemon is of the electric type. Nothing else is different about this field.

Profilemibob

Hello, I'd like to start my first ASB battle in a long time. So here goes.

2v2, one out at a time
Style: switch
DQ Time: 3 day/72 hours (so active players, please)
Damage Caps: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited 5/pokemon
Arena: A large, grassy foothill (about the size of two football fields), surrounded by tall pine trees at the bottom of a mountain. The field itself has few rocks but grass that is about a foot tall. A small brooke travels down the mountain and through the field, with extremely clear and chilly water. The brooke is slow-running and has many rocks, under and above the surface of the water. A Pokemon could easily run across without getting wet. As of right now, the weather is nice and breezy, but a storm cloud on the horizon could possibly pose as a threat if it approaches. About a mile or so up the mountain, the tree-line stops and the rest is covered in rock. If a Pokemon does an Earthquake attack (or similar), it could loosen the rocks above and pose as a threat to both Pokemon.

I would also appreciate it if someone new-ish took up this challenge. Thank you! =)

Taking your challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, I'm posting a challenge. =3

1 v. 1 Single
DQ: 5 days
Banned: OHKO moves.
Arena: Field

This field of grass was once a farm, and still has some traces of the farm still left. There is a fence situated around the arena, and there is also a tractor standing next to a tree in the arena. If you touch the tractor in any way, there is a 10% chance that it will deal 5% electric type damage, unless the pokemon is of the electric type. Nothing else is different about this field.

Profilemibob

I'll Accept this challenge.

Woot! Profile!

Which might take a little while.

Regardless, my challenge against Psymon might take a while, so I can wait.

I would like to drop my battle with Killerman, seeming as he doesn't post anymore. So new challenge.

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Scribble Field

Scribble Field is a plain green field that goes on forever. It's pretty normal, except for one thing. items can e summoned out of nowhere. Using small notepads, trainers con summon random items from nowhere.
Other: At the end of each post saying what moves pokemon are going to use, battlers type in an item. This item will appear on the field next round. These items, however, cannot be pokemon.

I would like to drop my battle with Killerman, seeming as he doesn't post anymore. So new challenge.

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Scribble Field

Scribble Field is a plain green field that goes on forever. It's pretty normal, except for one thing. items can e summoned out of nowhere. Using small notepads, trainers con summon random items from nowhere.
Other: At the end of each post saying what moves pokemon are going to use, battlers type in an item. This item will appear on the field next round. These items, however, cannot be pokemon.

Take!
Linoone is bored.

3vs3 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30% (excluding Robotniks PINGAS atack)
Banned Moves: OHKO's,
Arena: Dr Robotniks lab

Dr. Ivo Robotnik's labartoy constantly concocts plans to destroy that hedgehog! 10% of the tinme scratch and grounder will annoy a random pokemon and make the unable to preform thier action.
5% of the time robot nik will attack with his PINGAS! and deal 25% damege as well as flinch status.

Other: THE LOSER MUST GET ATTACKED BY ROBOTNIK!
Steel types will be turned into
Dr R's slaves.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=324971&postcount=140

3vs3 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30% (excluding Robotniks PINGAS atack)
Banned Moves: OHKO's,
Arena: Dr Robotniks lab

Dr. Ivo Robotnik's labartoy constantly concocts plans to destroy that hedgehog! 10% of the tinme scratch and grounder will annoy a random pokemon and make the unable to preform thier action.
5% of the time robot nik will attack with his PINGAS! and deal 25% damege as well as flinch status.

Other: THE LOSER MUST GET ATTACKED BY ROBOTNIK!
Steel types will be turned into
Dr R's slaves.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=324971&postcount=140

...didn't I already take your challenge...?

"Steel types will be turned into Robotnik's slaves" still doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Could you explain?

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=338064&postcount=150

3v3 Single
DQ: 5 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: 1-hit-KO's
Stadium: Old Chateau Courtyard

Located in northern Eterna Forest is the crumbling old mansion known only as the Old Chateau. There are cobwebs, cracks and thick coatings of dust everywhere to be seen. Should one be brave enough to enter the Chateau they would find a back door leading to the outside. Upon exiting the ancient building, one would see the remnants of an old battleground for Pokemon that once upon a time must have been magnificent, but is now in a state of irreversible disrepair. Large oak trees that stood proud and tall with vibrant leaves now sadly droop their leafless, brittle branches. The once decorative shrubbery, first overgrowing before wilting, stand starkly against the dark forest. A strange greenish haze lingers, further making things creepy and ominous. The chateau looms intimidatingly over the field, the backside having a balcony that is now weathered and crumbling.

-10% chance that the haze will rise up and obstruct the vision of the Pokemon, reducing their accuracy by 25%

-10% chance that a chunk of the balcony's support beams may crumble and fall on the Pokemon's head if they are below it, dealing 20% damage.

-The setting of this stadium is very haunting and chilly, giving Ghost and Dark moves a x1.5 boost.

My own revised version of a previous challenge I accepted that went kerplop that the ref and I were pretty hyped up about. D:

Who dares challenge the outskirts of my turf? o:<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom