• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v3 Single
DQ: 5 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: 1-hit-KO's
Stadium: Old Chateau Courtyard

Located in northern Eterna Forest is the crumbling old mansion known only as the Old Chateau. There are cobwebs, cracks and thick coatings of dust everywhere to be seen. Should one be brave enough to enter the Chateau they would find a back door leading to the outside. Upon exiting the ancient building, one would see the remnants of an old battleground for Pokemon that once upon a time must have been magnificent, but is now in a state of irreversible disrepair. Large oak trees that stood proud and tall with vibrant leaves now sadly droop their leafless, brittle branches. The once decorative shrubbery, first overgrowing before wilting, stand starkly against the dark forest. A strange greenish haze lingers, further making things creepy and ominous. The chateau looms intimidatingly over the field, the backside having a balcony that is now weathered and crumbling.

-10% chance that the haze will rise up and obstruct the vision of the Pokemon, reducing their accuracy by 25%

-10% chance that a chunk of the balcony's support beams may crumble and fall on the Pokemon's head if they are below it, dealing 20% damage.

-The setting of this stadium is very haunting and chilly, giving Ghost and Dark moves a x1.5 boost.

My own revised version of a previous challenge I accepted that went kerplop that the ref and I were pretty hyped up about. D:

Who dares challenge the outskirts of my turf? o:<

Bring it on!

Posting just to say I'm still interested in both my battles.

Don't want them removed while I wait.

Thank you.

You'll be informed if your battles are in danger of being removed; up to that point, there's no need to post reminders or anything like that.

I would like to drop my battle with Killerman, seeming as he doesn't post anymore. So new challenge.

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Scribble Field

Scribble Field is a plain green field that goes on forever. It's pretty normal, except for one thing. items can e summoned out of nowhere. Using small notepads, trainers con summon random items from nowhere.
Other: At the end of each post saying what moves pokemon are going to use, battlers type in an item. This item will appear on the field next round. These items, however, cannot be pokemon.

Take!
Linoone is bored.

I'll take this on if it's still free, since im a Reff now.

Thread will be up soon(should this challenge still be alive).

Challenging Negrek, to be reffed by Fratice.

1 v 1
DQ Time: Two weeks
Damage Cap: None
Permitted moves: Metronome
Special rules: unlimited energy; attacks that damage opponent's energy instead take away health

Arena: The Jolliest Place in Kutho!

More footpaths than roads, the streets of Fleet Town are peaceful and well-maintained. The plant life is simple but beautiful. Local shops and restaurants line the road on either side, spilling warm yellow light onto the street. Between two of these is a nearby alleyway with a tipped-over trash can, where mangy rattata hide or gather food. The store signs are noticeable but not gaudy or flashy, except for the particularly bright, colourful ice cream parlour sign.

The sky is thick and dark with clouds, and it is raining. The pavement is soaked, and the water collects in the gutters on the side of the road. A few puddles remain to splash in, revealing the usually-unnoticeable imperfections in the pavement, although none are more than an inch deep.

A ways behind Negrek is the pokemon centre, which still receives the amount of traffic the streets of Fleet Town are usually subject to. However, due to the downpour, the battlefield is mostly devoid of other human life. More distantly, those who wander the streets can find themselves at the pokemart or the market, both of which have several patrons despite the rain.

As no one was able to procure a radio for this battle, the techno music will come from a loudred provided by some nearby dancing teens.

one more splash and i'll somehow kidnap one of your battles

Challenging Negrek, to be reffed by Fratice.

1 v 1
DQ Time: Two weeks
Damage Cap: None
Permitted moves: Metronome
Special rules: unlimited energy; attacks that damage opponent's energy instead take away health

Arena: The Jolliest Place in Kutho!

More footpaths than roads, the streets of Fleet Town are peaceful and well-maintained. The plant life is simple but beautiful. Local shops and restaurants line the road on either side, spilling warm yellow light onto the street. Between two of these is a nearby alleyway with a tipped-over trash can, where mangy rattata hide or gather food. The store signs are noticeable but not gaudy or flashy, except for the particularly bright, colourful ice cream parlour sign.

The sky is thick and dark with clouds, and it is raining. The pavement is soaked, and the water collects in the gutters on the side of the road. A few puddles remain to splash in, revealing the usually-unnoticeable imperfections in the pavement, although none are more than an inch deep.

A ways behind Negrek is the pokemon centre, which still receives the amount of traffic the streets of Fleet Town are usually subject to. However, due to the downpour, the battlefield is mostly devoid of other human life. More distantly, those who wander the streets can find themselves at the pokemart or the market, both of which have several patrons despite the rain.

As no one was able to procure a radio for this battle, the techno music will come from a loudred provided by some nearby dancing teens.

one more splash and i'll somehow kidnap one of your battles
I really do need to fix that generator...

For Zora, since she needs to fight meeee~

2vs2 single
Banned Moves:
OHKO's/Direct Healing/Attract
Arena: Darklight Meadow

Darklight Meadow is a beautiful place; rolling green grass, a glittering crystal clear stream, and several large smooth boulders scattered across the field. But the thing that gives the meadow it's name is the fact that the boulders glow at night, illuminating the meadow. The battle takes place as the sun is going down, and the boulders have just started to shine. A few nocturnal Pokemon are just starting to emerge, and a few stars are starting to shine overhead.

atomic tangerine

2vs2 single
Banned Moves:

Darklight Meadow is a beautiful place; rolling green grass, a glittering crystal clear stream, and several large smooth boulders scattered across the field. But the thing that gives the meadow it's name is the fact that the boulders glow at night, illuminating the meadow. The battle takes place as the sun is going down, and the boulders have just started to shine. A few nocturnal Pokemon are just starting to emerge, and a few stars are starting to shine overhead.

atomic tangerine

Acceptin' this.

Neon Carrot~

New Challenge

2v2
style:set
DQ:one week
Damage cap 30%
Banned moves: OHKO
Arena: A Street

The battle will take place on a quiet dead end street big enough for just about anything. There is virtually no water other than in the backyards of three houses on the street.At the end of the street the road breaks off into two directions making the end piece a perfect place too battle.the houses at the end of the street are one story houses and further away to the end are two story houses with one house towering over the rest smack dab in the middle there fore making it is possible to get on top of the houses

Notes

-When you go into someones backyard there is a 15% chance of finding an in ground pool 5X10 meters

-Fire is frowned upon so there is a 15% chance that when a fire type move is used the fire department will come on the next action. to spray down everyone causing 2% water type damage

-There is a 5% cahance that a car will come and run over a random contestant for 5% typless damage.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=338515&postcount=151
I accept this challenge!

Link to meh profile!

2vs2 single
Banned Moves:

atomic tangerine

Well. I've been roped. I'll ref this one with Zora and FMC.

Meh. May as well get the money. Got Christmas gifts to hand out.

2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 99%
Arena: Kitchen of Madness

It's actually not a food item this time.

The Kitchen of Madness actually isn't that insane -- it's a rectangular room, slightly larger than the size of a normal arena. There are two cooking counters on each side of the arena, and each counter belongs to one of the trainers. Like regular kitchen counters, there's two sinks, large drawers filled with silverware, stacks of plates, bowls... You name it. There are also several knives sitting in a knifeholder on the each counter, as well as some cutting boards. There is a fridge to the left of each counter, and one can pretty much find any food imaginable inside the fridge. To the right of the counter is a oven and a gas-powered stove top, a perfect place to bake some pies or blow up some propane tanks. A few pots and pans are on the stove top as well as in the drawer underneath the oven.

On request, half of the arena can be sunk down and flooded with water to allow water-only pokemon to battle.

This all sounds like a perfectly normal kitchen until one realizes that every single item in the kitchen can be used as weapons. The knives, spoons, plates, flying pans... Yes, even the frozen turkey in the freezer can be thrown at the enemy. After a bit of testing in a test arena, Linoone has made a chart showing the average damage different types of items do on impact (and they do quite a lot of damage indeed...)

Porcelain and glass (such as plates and, well, glasses): 3% on impact, 1% if shards are stepped on.
Small objects (like spoons and spice bottles): 5%
Sharp pointy things (such as knives, forks, and frozen swordfish heads): 10% if hit by the sharp edge (30% chance), 4% otherwise.
Large, heavy things (like frying pans and frozen turkeys): 12%, but only have 90% accuracy.
The referee: Instant disqualification.

The objects generally take 3% energy to throw, but small objects take only 2% and large, heavy things cost 5%. Thrown objects are considered to have 100% accuracy besides large, heavy things, which only have 90%.

The crazy projectiles don't stop there. You can heat up items on the stove and throw them for a chance of burning your opponent, lob ice cubes at them and hope they catch a cold, force feed them rotten eggs and make them get food poisoning... The possibilities are endless.

Ok, fine, so thrown items aren't that insane. So why is this place called the Kitchen of Madness? The true reason is that the referee will get so tired of rolling the dice that he/she/it will go mad. Yup. That's the reason. Oh, and the little flying pieces of porcelain, but I'm sure that's easily gotten rid of.

Other: Wailords are (for once) allowed.

This is a spork.

I'd totally take your challenge, Linoone, if I wasn't due for a battle with Kratos. However, if it's allowed, I call dibs on reffing it when someone accepts the challenge :D

Battle Format: 3 vs. 3 Single Battle
Battle Style: Set
DQ Time: One week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Suburban Rooftops

A suburban town on a lazy day, each trainer and his/her respective pokemon are assigned a house adjacent to that of his/her opponent. There is about a ten yard grassy side-yard that separates the two houses. Pokemon may only be on the ground for one round, and then must climb up onto the roofs of one of the houses. If they do not do this, the pokemon on the ground is disqualified. On the side of each house there is a staircase that leads up to the roof of that house.

Link to my profile~

2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 99%
Arena: Kitchen of Madness

It's actually not a food item this time.

The Kitchen of Madness actually isn't that insane -- it's a rectangular room, slightly larger than the size of a normal arena. There are two cooking counters on each side of the arena, and each counter belongs to one of the trainers. Like regular kitchen counters, there's two sinks, large drawers filled with silverware, stacks of plates, bowls... You name it. There are also several knives sitting in a knifeholder on the each counter, as well as some cutting boards. There is a fridge to the left of each counter, and one can pretty much find any food imaginable inside the fridge. To the right of the counter is a oven and a gas-powered stove top, a perfect place to bake some pies or blow up some propane tanks. A few pots and pans are on the stove top as well as in the drawer underneath the oven.

On request, half of the arena can be sunk down and flooded with water to allow water-only pokemon to battle.

This all sounds like a perfectly normal kitchen until one realizes that every single item in the kitchen can be used as weapons. The knives, spoons, plates, flying pans... Yes, even the frozen turkey in the freezer can be thrown at the enemy. After a bit of testing in a test arena, Linoone has made a chart showing the average damage different types of items do on impact (and they do quite a lot of damage indeed...)

Porcelain and glass (such as plates and, well, glasses): 3% on impact, 1% if shards are stepped on.
Small objects (like spoons and spice bottles): 5%
Sharp pointy things (such as knives, forks, and frozen swordfish heads): 10% if hit by the sharp edge (30% chance), 4% otherwise.
Large, heavy things (like frying pans and frozen turkeys): 12%, but only have 90% accuracy.
The referee: Instant disqualification.

The objects generally take 3% energy to throw, but small objects take only 2% and large, heavy things cost 5%. Thrown objects are considered to have 100% accuracy besides large, heavy things, which only have 90%.

The crazy projectiles don't stop there. You can heat up items on the stove and throw them for a chance of burning your opponent, lob ice cubes at them and hope they catch a cold, force feed them rotten eggs and make them get food poisoning... The possibilities are endless.

Ok, fine, so thrown items aren't that insane. So why is this place called the Kitchen of Madness? The true reason is that the referee will get so tired of rolling the dice that he/she/it will go mad. Yup. That's the reason. Oh, and the little flying pieces of porcelain, but I'm sure that's easily gotten rid of.

Other: Wailords are (for once) allowed.

This is a spork.

Hey! I'm Gonna Lose, but this seems way too fun to pass up.
EDITED PROFILE HERE.

^
|
|
Taking that challenge. Pretty sure people already know, but I figured I'd post for clarity's sake.

Thread will be up in a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom