• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold the past few days, but recently finished Crocodile Tears by Anthony Horowitz and I'll be reading Lord Sunday as soon as I can get around to buying it.

Manga: Death Note: How to Read

Book: Another Note: The Los Angelos Murder Cases
A Writer's Tale by Russell.T.Davies
Shada by Douglas Adams

I'm halfway through Trainspotting, by Irvine Welsh. The accent is quite hard to get around at first, but you get used to it after a while. Having seen the film beforehand also helps explain certain plot points. Overall, it's a damn funny book with lots of depressing parts as well.

Finished Fading Echoes, now reading Kathryn Lasky's Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Golden Tree. I'll probably finish it by tomorrow.

Currently I'm reading Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies, and it's beautiful so far.

That happens to one of my favourite books EVER. <3

I'm re-reading Snare by Katharine Kerr, another of my favourite books ever, though I've only read it once so far. I was waiting to re-read it as a treat to myself. It's that good. XD

The Origin of Species & The Descent of Man - Charles Darwin
Climbing Mount Improbable & River Out of Eden & The Selfish Gene - Richard Dawkins

Last edited:
Hope Was Here - Joan Bauer

It's a good book. I need some more books to read though. I also read Gone by Michael Grant and it was pretty good. It's about kids under 14 are the only people left alive and they have to survive. Pretty cool.

^i see what Brian Meehl did there. :O

Umm, just finished The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton, couple dozen pages into The Terminal Man, by the same.

My uncle in Ohio sent me them in, like, December, but I just got it back from my dad a few days ago because he was reading it off-and-on.

Anyone read Jonathan Livingston Seagull?

I'm reading a self-help book called How To Get A Better Night's Sleep that my counselor gave me. Then tomorrow I'm getting Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzche. I'm also in the process of reading through the Oxford Dictionary of Political Quotations and picking out my favourites.

Patricia C. Wrede's Searching for Dragons. Quite funny so far, and I read the first book in the series a year or two ago. Supposedly they made a movie off the first book(Searching being the second), Dealing with Dragons.

Since I took a class in literary criticism, I've learned that modern mainstream literature generally sucks and should only be read as a guilty pleasure.

That said, I'm reading part two - Eldest - of Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. :3

In addition to Searching for Dragons, I've taken in the fourteenth Guardian's of Ga'Hoole book, Exile. Fahrenheit 451 and Ray Bradbury references ftw.

Just started Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil. Also picked up Nocturnes by John Connolly, The Truth by Terry Pratchett and The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

That happens to one of my favourite books EVER. <3
I can see why. =3 Still reading Fire Bringer, and I'm also reading The Ragwitch by Garth Nix and Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev.

Then when I'm done with those, I'm going to reread either the Pendragon series by DJ MacHale, or The Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix. That mostly depends on what comes out in paperback first: the last Pendragon book or the last Keys to the Kingdom book.

Both Pendragon and The Keys to the Kingdom are awesome.

Our English class is reading Animal Farm

[qoute] Lord SundayQUOTE]

WAITWHAT ITS OUT FINALLY?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU HOW DID I MISS THIS!

Anyway...

Ogre, Ogre by Piers Anthony
Stork Naked by Piers Anthony
Cruel Lye: A Caustic Yarn by Piers Anthony

...If you can't tell, I'm a piers anthony fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom