• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett. At least, I plan on reading it, but my sister took it before I could get it from my dad, cos it's his book.

The Extended Phenotype by Richard Dawkins. Good times.

I just finished Anathem by Neal Stephenson, too. It was brilliant. <3 (thanks opal) The quotation in my signature accounts for much of the reason why I adore this book.

I just finished Anathem by Neal Stephenson, too. It was brilliant. <3 (thanks opal) The quotation in my signature accounts for much of the reason why I adore this book.

Hah, that is the exact same line I quoted to my sister - and it's not the line so much as the fact it feels completely in place. Lots of books have absurdly comical lines like that; very very few manage to make them feel natural.

Hah, that is the exact same line I quoted to my sister - and it's not the line so much as the fact it feels completely in place. Lots of books have absurdly comical lines like that; very very few manage to make them feel natural.

Yes, exactly! It is the perfect line! It works beautifully and is true to Erasmas and pretty much everything. It works so well.

I quoted it to my mother, too. It's too brilliant not to share with people. That line is the moment I realised Anathem was going to be at the top of my favourites list.

Cemetary Dance by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Or I was, I finished it this morning and started reading Kissing Sin by Keri Arthur. Then I finished that too, so I'm out of stuff to read until I get back to the library to pick up more books.

I recently finished Stephen Fry's The Liar (so much love for this book) and Terry Pratchett's Truckers (very enjoyable as well, shall check out rest of the series).

Right now I'm gonna give Jean Genet's Notre-Dame Des Fleurs another spin (started it ages ago and kind of forgot about it) and maybe Querelle de Brest if I can find it somewhere. Then I'll probably do Jack London's John Barleycorn or Dawkins' God Delusion again.

(I'm keeping a reading list for this year but my book total for January was kind of depressing: only five :c will do better this month)

Just finished To kill a mocking bird by Harper Lee
and am now starting The last Apprentice: Revenge of the witch by Joseph Delaney

A Wizard of Earthsea - Ursula K le Guin (again)
Golden Compass (call me out. do it.) - Pullman
Black Hole - Charles Burns

I downloaded the "Classics" app for my iPod since it's free again, so now I have a good number of classic novels to sink my teeth into. I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula now, plan on reading The Count of Monte Cristo next, and then finally Frankenstein to get my horror fix. May re-read Homer's Illiad and Odyssey, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom