• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

cosmo forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind me; just popping in.

how.... original.
In my opinion, the forum isn't well thought out, very small, and not well run. Also, this is (mainly) a pokemon forum. you are advertising a forum that is not related to, and does not even mention, pokemon, so you aren't likely to get many members to join.

1. What makes it not thought out?

2. 'Very small' is vague. Is it the memberbase, the boards, the posts or the thread number or something completely different that's making you feel down? The forum's been alive for nine days; we switched server two nights ago and lost 5500 posts, which roughly means we managed to get around eight thousand posts in nine days. That could be a world record for an independent forum. The memberbase is small because very few people will join; we don't even have thirty members yet but it'll grow. Not that I see what's wrong with having a small memberbase considering we've gotten so many posts. The boards are there to stay like that; it's cosy.

3. 'Not well run'. Isn't it great being able to throw out stuff like that without feeling the need to elaborate? I don't see what you're talking about; looks like it's running smoothly to me.

4. 99.9% of the forumites hail from Pokemon forums and about 60% of threads have some reference to Pokemon in them. You clearly didn't look around before making these allegations.

And that's that.

Edit:
obv troll is obv

tanks (a guy on cosmo forums) said:
"obv troll is obv"

ask that person what she's on about. tell her that it's ok to not use quotes, in fact, you have the same problem sometimes, but you still need to know who she's referring to

It is quite an important matter Vixie!

Last edited:
Re: Cosmo Forums

Don't mind me; just popping in.

1. What makes it not thought out?

2. 'Very small' is vague. Is it the memberbase, the boards, the posts or the thread number or something completely different that's making you feel down? The forum's been alive for nine days; we switched server two nights ago and lost 5500 posts, which roughly means we managed to get around eight thousand posts in nine days. That could be a world record for an independent forum. The memberbase is small because very few people will join; we don't even have thirty members yet but it'll grow. Not that I see what's wrong with having a small memberbase considering we've gotten so many posts. The boards are there to stay like that; it's cosy.

3. 'Not well run'. Isn't it great being able to throw out stuff like that without feeling the need to elaborate? I don't see what you're talking about; looks like it's running smoothly to me.

4. 99.9% of the forumites hail from Pokemon forums and about 60% of threads have some reference to Pokemon in them. You clearly didn't look around before making these allegations.

(lol, I'm bothering with a constructive review)

The thing that drove me away is the fact that this just looks like a clubhouse for some little clique of friends, which made me wonder why you were advertising it in the first place.

Assuming that these four forums that guests can see are the only ones you have, the boards seem to be "news", "introduction threads", "general discussion/random in-joke spam", and "random in-joke spam". It looks like it'd be hard for a complete stranger to jump in and know what the hell is going on. There are a few threads I guess I'd be able to contribute something to in Misc., but I don't think you care that some random-ass kid from TCoD does not in fact eat ranch on his pizza so it doesn't seem like it's worth joining just to post in threads like that.

I'm also not sure why everyone needs to be a mod/admin when you have less than 30 members (and that's another thing that adds to the 'this is some little clique's sandbox' feel I'm getting tbh). (Edit: wait, I usually associate bold/italic names with mod/admin status; if this isn't the case disregard this point)

The theme is pretty good, which is usually a good sign on boards that are just starting out. Props there.

calling someone "slutty bitch" is not the way to get someone to join your forums and any normal human being would not do that.
I agree: obv troll is obv.

Stop calling out troll; it doesn't make you look cool. Just a pseudo elitist but if you're okay with that, no worries.

(lol, I'm bothering with a constructive review)

The thing that drove me away is the fact that this just looks like a clubhouse for some little clique of friends, which made me wonder why you were advertising it in the first place.

Assuming that these four forums that guests can see are the only ones you have, the boards seem to be "news", "introduction threads", "general discussion/random in-joke spam", and "random in-joke spam". It looks like it'd be hard for a complete stranger to jump in and know what the hell is going on. There are a few threads I guess I'd be able to contribute something to in Misc., but I don't think you care that some random-ass kid from TCoD does not in fact eat ranch on his pizza so it doesn't seem like it's worth joining just to post in threads like that.

I'm also not sure why everyone needs to be a mod/admin when you have less than 30 members (and that's another thing that adds to the 'this is some little clique's sandbox' feel I'm getting tbh). (Edit: wait, I usually associate bold/italic names with mod/admin status; if this isn't the case disregard this point)

The theme is pretty good, which is usually a good sign on boards that are just starting out. Props there.

Thank you Mr. Oddberry for your reply.

You're right, it has turned into a clubhouse but I reckon there are at least five different groups of posters who don't really know the others. Several newbies have joined within the last few hours (see: tanks) who didn't now anyone and because he was chill in his introduction thread, we talked and he just delved into topics. If you're going to be scared of feeling like an outside I don't see what you're doing on ANY FORUM to be honest. 'Cause every forum has its own share of special groups and clubhouse ways.

See the thing about this forum is that it's just to relax. That's why we have 'ranch with pizza' I don't even know what ranch means so you know, but threads don't take a lot of concise effort. I reckon it's 60% serious discussion and 40% just chilling. As I said, it can look a bit intimidating but we are some of the most welcoming people I've ever seen on a forum.

Lol @ the bold/italic thing.

And thanks for the skin compliment.

I disagree to the locking of the previous thread. Myself and Mr. Oddberry were having a spiffing conversation and I do wish he'll get a chance to share his expertise.

Moved the less stupid posts into this thread, which appears to have had the unfortunate effect of pushing down the first post to the middle. Keep it civil and you can have your thread open.

Stop calling out troll; it doesn't make you look cool. Just a pseudo elitist but if you're okay with that, no worries.

Thank you Mr. Oddberry for your reply.

You're right, it has turned into a clubhouse but I reckon there are at least five different groups of posters who don't really know the others. Several newbies have joined within the last few hours (see: tanks) who didn't now anyone and because he was chill in his introduction thread, we talked and he just delved into topics. If you're going to be scared of feeling like an outside I don't see what you're doing on ANY FORUM to be honest. 'Cause every forum has its own share of special groups and clubhouse ways.

See the thing about this forum is that it's just to relax. That's why we have 'ranch with pizza' I don't even know what ranch means so you know, but threads don't take a lot of concise effort. I reckon it's 60% serious discussion and 40% just chilling. As I said, it can look a bit intimidating but we are some of the most welcoming people I've ever seen on a forum.

Lol @ the bold/italic thing.

And thanks for the skin compliment.

Eh, I don't have much more to say, really. If you'll look at previous threads in the advertising forum you'll see that we tend to be a bit hostile toward standalone forums, just because we see so many generic Pokemon forums that look horrible and end up dying in a week. Your forum was met with the usual skepticism.

To be honest I'm not sure if you're all here to defend the forum because of the initial response or if you're just looking for some people to fuck with. You seem to be the one person who might convince me the former is true.

Eh, I don't have much more to say, really. If you'll look at previous threads in the advertising forum you'll see that we tend to be a bit hostile toward standalone forums, just because we see so many generic Pokemon forums that look horrible and end up dying in a week. Your forum was met with the usual skepticism.

To be honest I'm not sure if you're all here to defend the forum because of the initial response or if you're just looking for some people to fuck with. You seem to be the one person who might convince me the former is true.

I agree with Leafpool, and apologize for what I said about cosmo forums.
Sorry.

Cosmo is really a great site. It was upsetting to see everyone so quick to judge.
Everything may not have been handled properly. i.e. The pm advertising, but it was hardly something to base our entire site off of.
We came here to get members because we're trying our best to take off and instead we were instantly shot down and insulted.

This had nothing to do with "trying to fuck with people"
This was us defending our forum because it really is a tight group of people.

Cosmo is really a great site. It was upsetting to see everyone so quick to judge.
Everything may not have been handled properly. i.e. The pm advertising, but it was hardly something to base our entire site off of.

because this is the perfect audience and calling people slutty bitches is an A+ way to recruit people

We came here to get members because we're trying our best to take off and instead we were instantly shot down and insulted.

This had nothing to do with "trying to fuck with people"
This was us defending our forum because it really is a tight group of people.
then maybe you should present yourself as something more than idiots/trolls/combination and advertise properly

based on your current efforts, I have derived the following: a) your members are neuefags incapable of reading, b) your members/staff are butthurt over nothing
this may or may not be the case, but forums are books judged by their cover

because this is the perfect audience and calling people slutty bitches is an A+ way to recruit people

then maybe you should present yourself as something more than idiots/trolls/combination and advertise properly

based on your current efforts, I have derived the following: a) your members are neuefags incapable of reading, b) your members/staff are butthurt over nothing
this may or may not be the case, but forums are books judged by their cover

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to intercept here. You've probably been the most arrogant person throughout this episode of ridiculousness. Not only did you accuse Faltzer of masterminding this plot, you also attacked all of us behind our backs in the irc.

Will you ever quit it and accept defeat? Or do you have an inferiority complex or something where you always have to be better than everyone else? Regardless...

The slutty bitches remark is just stupid. He was clearly joking.

We are more than an idiots/trolls combination and if you stopped trying to save your pride you'd see that.

Our members have proved themselves more intelligent than everyone (including you) who bashed the first cosmo thread. That's why your members APOLOGISED to us.

We don't have any staff and none of us got angry or 'butthurt' we've been loling through this entire scenario while you guys attacked us in the irc.

Just stop posting. Save face while you can.

you guys are like the shit version of the other forum I go to lol

dude you can't get people to join a clique forum
we've had about ten people join the forum I mentioned in the past year, only three have stayed and that's because 2 were friends with existing members beforehand and one just like it there I guess

also starting a "war" with TCOD doesn't help at all
...kinda reminds me of JJHF vs Pokebattlers oh man that was hilarious

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to intercept here. You've probably been the most arrogant person throughout this episode of ridiculousness. Not only did you accuse Faltzer of masterminding this plot, you also attacked all of us behind our backs in the irc.

Your members being present in the IRC is hardly "behind [your] backs."

Will you ever quit it and accept defeat? Or do you have an inferiority complex or something where you always have to be better than everyone else? Regardless...

I lol'd.

The slutty bitches remark is just stupid. He was clearly joking.

And you couldn't tell I was clearly joking? For shame.

We are more than an idiots/trolls combination and if you stopped trying to save your pride you'd see that.

itt someone doesn't understand person not really caring

Our members have proved themselves more intelligent than everyone (including you) who bashed the first cosmo thread. That's why your members APOLOGISED to us.

I have no reason to apologise to you. Also "my members"? This isn't my forum.

We don't have any staff and none of us got angry or 'butthurt' we've been loling through this entire scenario while you guys attacked us in the irc.

Just stop posting. Save face while you can.

Oh, no, help I am hated over the internet.

How did we troll exactly.
Aside from the pming thing, which was apologized for, we just tried to advertise.
And we were attacked. So our members defended our site.

you guys are like the shit version of the other forum I go to lol

dude you can't get people to join a clique forum
we've had about ten people join the forum I mentioned in the past year, only three have stayed and that's because 2 were friends with existing members beforehand and one just like it there I guess

also starting a "war" with TCOD doesn't help at all
...kinda reminds me of JJHF vs Pokebattlers oh man that was hilarious

That's interesting because, like previously stated, we've had people that none of us know join the forum and jump right in.
Also we didn't start this "war"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom