• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

Ooh, absolutely! I will have to think a bit on something silly that Lana could be doing that's still... in character... hm. I'll figure something for you though, don't worry. :D

Thank you, too! I really ought to scan some of the newer things I've done and revive my art thread. Or make a new one. As far as what you could draw for me... hm. As long as we're on an AA-theme, how about you draw little!Fran and Edgey up to some hijinks? I think they're really the best (or at least, most hilarious) siblings in the games. <3

Well Psymon, it doesn't matter how good or bad you feel you are, as long as you're enjoying what you're doing. Care to show us some of your art, if possible?

Sure. I've done a few but this one is the best so far. I think I might have got some detail wrong, mainly the ears and the little hair thing. Sorry about the smudges, I drew it with charcoal pencils.

Oh, by the way, does anyone have 'sona references? I'm finally planning on making a group picture and I might mess around with making some clay figures, too.
I don't do much digital art (best thing so far) but hopefully this place will motivate me to change that!
The colors choice on the snakr is really pleasing; the greens are just the right color. I also like how you've colored it; the snake has a dabble-ly paint effect to it which is really neat. The coloring gives it a scale-ly look to it. However, you might want to improve on detailing, which zooming into the picture is helpful. Overall, it turned nicely, and I'd love to see a bit more of your arts.

I'll join! I think I remember possibly joining the old thread, but it was so long and popular that I was a bit intimidated at actually joining in with anything. XD; But hopefully I'll stay active here!

I do love to draw! Even though I'm a complete amateur and know pretty much nothing about shading, colouring... yeah, my drawing is pretty much confined to random scribbly doodles I do, which are generally fandom-related. But I would love to do some art trades if you guys don't mind my crappiness, I want to improve! :D

S'yeah, hey guys!

Yeah, the old thread was pretty big. x3 It'll be awesomesauce to see you participate more.

I would have taken you up on the art trade, but it looks like Mhals already beat me to it. >:

Welcome back, by the way. <3~

As possible future threadmin, I'm going to go out of my way to comment on everything that I've missed out on since last night. Wow, this place got busy. XD
I, for one, am glad to see this group back. Not to mention in its rightful place too. It didn't belong in the Artist's lounge D:
Goodness though, I was only starting out with my drawing when I first joined. The distance I've come since then is unbelieveable :o

So, evidentally, I'm in~
Good to see you back. And I agree; the first thread wasn't the same once it was moved. That was around the time that people fly-byed though, so it makes sense.
I feel that I've come a long way since I joined too, and I owe most of it to the OS.

You must draw an embarrassed ebony Espeon eavesdropping on an evangelical Electrode. You may draw it however you interpret the words to mean and however you wish. Now what must I draw beginning with S?

I just had lots of fun with the Scribblers, even if I didn't post a lot of art here, ahaha. I like commenting on art if it isn't a whole bunch of walls.
Blimey, that's more than I expected. I'll start when I have time as I'm a little busy nowadays. As for your part . . . How about a sly Seviper scheming sinisterly? Is that enough, or do you need more to go on?
I think that everone posted a fair amount of art back in the day, and I feel slightly guilty for getting a bit

Joining, maybe?

I'm here to repent for my drive-by that one time that you all totally remember and that I am ashamed about.

I don't do much digital art (best thing so far) but hopefully this place will motivate me to change that! I'll get some of my actually decent traditional stuff up when I find my camera.
This is neat, I like the way that the different tones and shades of green blend together. Maybe I'll try something with loads of tones someday; It's something I'd like to try at the very least.

ITS BAAAAACK~

Rejoining, of course. I'll start off with a little inspirational speech. Or something.

You know, OS is the reason I started drawing humans. Back in the days, I never tried to draw humans because I sucked and felt bad for drawing people because I felt like I was disgracing the original creator of said human character. Then the OS came along and... stuff happened. I dunno. The grouppics were great motivations for me to draw things. I still suck but I'm getting better!

So. This club is actually useful and stuff! Yay!

Please excuse me while I go work on my OS comic-thing.
I KNOW LETS CELEBRATE WITH GRAPE JUICE and inspirational speeches
OS seems to have helped out a lot of people with their art, as it did with Ice, you and me. I wouldn't say that you suck at all. At the very least, you've got the motivation to continue an idea, and that's something, surely?

Joining~
I have tons of doodles, but I can't hook up the scanner to my computer.
I'll try to get stuff uploaded, though.
Welcome to the group! What sort of stuff do you draw?

Hello! I think I joined the original OS... but I am exceptionally bad at keeping up with things and staying active. And I was probably one of the fly-by art dump offenders. Whoops. I will try to do better! Good timing on this group being remade, too, because I've been drawing more lately and seem to have inexplicably improved a little since the last time I was drawing regularly. Pleasant surprise, I guess. Not to say that anything I've been drawing lately is particularly brilliant... just better than it used to be. :P

But yeah! Cool beans. Sign me up~

I'll join! I think I remember possibly joining the old thread, but it was so long and popular that I was a bit intimidated at actually joining in with anything. XD; But hopefully I'll stay active here!

I do love to draw! Even though I'm a complete amateur and know pretty much nothing about shading, colouring... yeah, my drawing is pretty much confined to random scribbly doodles I do, which are generally fandom-related. But I would love to do some art trades if you guys don't mind my crappiness, I want to improve! :D

S'yeah, hey guys!
Welcome back!
When it comes to art, does it really matter how much you know? As people say; "It's all about expression", right?
My drawing's been confined to random scribbly doodles to, but I'm enjoying it so I couldn't care less.

And that's all multiquote will do in one go so hang on people, 'k?

WELCOME EVERYONE AND STUFF, because I'm a lazy mofo who does not want to quote 15 posts. Also don't worry about not being good or whatever, because we're all really chill and as long as we're having fun no one cares. That's how the last thread was anyway. :v

I decided to start taking suggestions over on my art thread if anyone wants to challenge me. I'll do anything, really. I need to get out of my rut.

Edit: I'll do a better ref for my persona too.

As possible future threadmin, I'm going to go out of my way to comment on everything that I've missed out on since last night. Wow, this place got busy. XD

Blimey, that's more than I expected. I'll start when I have time as I'm a little busy nowadays. As for your part . . . How about a sly Seviper scheming sinisterly? Is that enough, or do you need more to go on?
I think that everone posted a fair amount of art back in the day, and I feel slightly guilty for getting a bit

I KNOW LETS CELEBRATE WITH GRAPE JUICE and inspirational speeches
OS seems to have helped out a lot of people with their art, as it did with Ice, you and me. I wouldn't say that you suck at all. At the very least, you've got the motivation to continue an idea, and that's something, surely?
I told you it'd busy up later on!

Ah, if it's too much, you can take out some parts. Take your time though, no rush. ^^ But I think that's good, ahaha, I will start on it soon. It'll take me a bit as I like to give my drawings the FULL COLOUR TREATMENT. But I'll have it.

We should have the OS AWARDS NIGHT! Like, where we draw things and nominate certain drawings for categories. Like, "Best Shading," "Most Creative," "Best Colours", "Best Anatomy," etc. Just some rough ideas. That's the idea that that last paragraph gave me. Because I was going to be all: "I'D LIKE TO THANK SPAEKLE FOR HAVING AN AWESOME ROBE." in response to that.

Also, @Blastoise because I am too lazy to quote your post: I like that bubbly circle shading style you have. It's kinda blurry, but awesome. Really gives a sort of... painting feeling. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe a clearer outline, but everything looks pretty good.

And @Spoonie: I gotta draw me a new ref, which I shall most certainly do.

And @New Joining Peoples: Welcome, welcome, welcome! Cirrikisu, (...that's... your new nickname apparently. I should give everyone in this thread a nickname) what Kai said. Art's about expressing yourself and having fun. I'm sure your "scribbles" aren't as bad as you think either; I've seen some of them and found them quite impressive! Hi to Mawile and loving that sona, it's pretty cute. Only thing that bugs me is that the head's maybe a bit too big, but eh, matter of preference, I guess. Also, yaaay, Mhalsy's back! I love your art. Such a wonderful style with good colours.

Last edited:
OMGYAY THIS THREAD <333 Ilu Spoon :D

It's come at a wonderful time - I just got some very shiny markers that I love to bits (they will mean I can't afford to eat but I DON'T CARE I love them) and I've been drawing quite a bit with them. I don't have any pictures to show, unfortunately, because I don't have a scanner and have been too busy to trek to the library to borrow theirs.

I really hope this thread will make me draw more/more regularly - I've been terrible at drawing consitently, but at least I've been drawing at all, which is something.

I've got some requests from my art thread to do, and I'd like to update my persona (I don't know if I've even drawn myself properly with short hair and I got it cut two years ago), but once that's done, I'd love to do some art trades and stuff :D

It's lovely to see you all again in one place :D

Also, yaaay, Mhalsy's back! I love your art. Such a wonderful style with good colours.
Eeeeeee, thank you~

Oh man, this is all very exciting, and everyone in this thread is making me want to draw a lot more, which is very good. I really ought to work on a consistent persona-thing because I don't think I have ever really had one. I'll add it to my list of projects. And speaking of my list of projects, I know what I'm drawing for you now, Cirrus. :D

We should have the OS AWARDS NIGHT!

This.

Also, thanks for the compliments (and suggestions), you guys! I can see why this place helps out people so much. And also I found my camera! so now I have my okay traditional stuff up on my DA.

psymon said:
Sure. I've done a few but this one is the best so far. I think I might have got some detail wrong, mainly the ears and the little hair thing. Sorry about the smudges, I drew it with charcoal pencils.

This is very cool and unique-looking, although I can't help but feel like that numel is going to come through my screen and eat me. Help.

And also a group photo thing sounds like it wold be the bizniss and whatnot so I'll have to whip up an interesting 'sona/'sona reference for it. ='d

And also an art trade or something would be fun I guess. >='/

Also add another vote to the yes pile for OS Awards Night~
Art trade, OS storybook, and pretty much anything you guys throw at me sound fun.
Also, I don't have a DA, so I can't give you guys the link.

HEY MEIN HOES i never posted much in the old one but I'll try harder this time~ Count me in and stuff.

Lessie here... *flips open notebook* I wanna try and contribute useful things that can help people, so lessie... I have a few books that I can recommend if you're looking for that sort of thing to help anatomy and drawing technique, it's not a huge list right now but my ma gets me art books a lot so I'll mention when I get a good one.

-An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists by Fritz Schider -- I like this one, it's got tons of photos and sketches of various body parts and people walking/running/etc.
-Drawing Human Anatomy by Giovanni Civardi - Great for muscles and stuff, though it only has men.
-Gray's Anatomy by Henry Gray -- Pretty easy to get ahold of this one, and it's can be useful. Sort of HUGE though. It's not as useful as the others on the list unless you wanna draw internal organs a lot, but helps.
-The Complete Book of Drawing Techniques by Peter Stanyer -- Lots of cool stuff in this one, though it deals mostly with pencil/pen/ink
-The Drawing Made Easy Series by Ken Goldman -- I only have two of the four books in the series, but they're really useful. Again, it deals mostly with pencil.

That's all I have as for that right now. Hrml. Lessie what else here. Well, I've been working to improve my humans (men especially) since I got into the TF2 fandom, actually. The guys are good for practicing 'manly men' and I've gotten some help from the /workshop/ board on TF2chan, which is extremely helpful. (my faces now!) I'm not great yet, but working on it.

As for Sona refs... hmm, I have like. Three. xD use whichever: Pokemon, Male Fursona, Female Fursona.

Uuuuh uh also I can redline stuff if people like! I'm not super good at that but I can be kinda helpful, and I find it hard to explain with words what I mean if I see anything off. All my stuff is open to redlines as well.

...Now I should skitter off, as I have stuff to draw for people x: When that's done though, I can do art trades and suuuuch.

oh yeah LINKS

dA, FA, Y!gallery (You can't sign up here unless you're 18, just fyi)

*flees*

...Hey it's back. o:

...Well I know I pretty much never posted in the old thread, but.. I should fix this!.. and stop throwing out -everything- I draw. As such I don't exactly have anything meaningful to say or show. I have some junk on my FA, but it's all pretty old because it's very rare I actually sit down and colour anything. As far as I'm concerned, I can't draw, but I can kind of colour (except not really) - but it takes me ages and most of the time the base drawings I hate too much to bother. I:
As such though I'd be quite up for some trades/requests/suggestions to kick me into having to actually finish these things, but keep in mind regardless I'm sloooooow so please do be having patience if so. ;w;

AAAAAAHHH I'm lying here at 4 in the morning on my friend's couch with her cat, Optimus Prime, sleeping mere feet away because we're going to Alton Towers in the morning to celebrate her birthday and the cat woke me up by being a ninja and finding a way into the room despite the door being closed and I realized my phone could actually connect to wifi for once and disregard the cat thing because it just got up and wandered off and holy crap this sentence is long.
HII EVERYONE ELSE WHO JOINED!

I would LOVE to do some art trades, but I have so much art I already need to draw so I'll have to come back to that when I'm less busy

As for a Sona...well, uhh...
I'm retiring Ice. It's so sad ;_;
It's been years since I first made him and it feels weird to thin I'm going to stop using him.
He has two more appearances to make. One in aforementioned friend's birthday giftart, which I'll upload once I get home tonight (I'm giving her a framed version too, because she likes to hang things on her wall).
The second is a farewell collaboration picture, also with aforementioned friend, who is also retiring her anthro cat character.

I'll be designing a new persona shortly though. Still named Ice and still with a few cat-like qualities, since I use this username, like everywhere and I don't want to go though the trouble of changing it...

Also I approve of OSers awards :D

-An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists by Fritz Schider -- I like this one, it's got tons of photos and sketches of various body parts and people walking/running/etc.
-Drawing Human Anatomy by Giovanni Civardi - Great for muscles and stuff, though it only has men.
-Gray's Anatomy by Henry Gray -- Pretty easy to get ahold of this one, and it's can be useful. Sort of HUGE though. It's not as useful as the others on the list unless you wanna draw internal organs a lot, but helps.
-The Complete Book of Drawing Techniques by Peter Stanyer -- Lots of cool stuff in this one, though it deals mostly with pencil/pen/ink
-The Drawing Made Easy Series by Ken Goldman -- I only have two of the four books in the series, but they're really useful. Again, it deals mostly with pencil.[/URL].

I *love* using Grey's Anatomy as a ref. Only thing is, I'll spend ages getting one body part (usually hands) to look *just right* and then make it hue or tiny compared to everything else I'm drawing XD
Thanks for the other recommendations, I'll keep an eye out. I need to work on my anatomy so much DX

AAAAAAHHH I'm lying here at 4 in the morning on my friend's couch with her cat, Optimus Prime, sleeping mere feet away because we're going to Alton Towers in the morning to celebrate her birthday and the cat woke me up by being a ninja and finding a way into the room despite the door being closed and I realized my phone could actually connect to wifi for once and disregard the cat thing because it just got up and wandered off and holy crap this sentence is long.

There is nothing about this sentance that isn't awesome :D

As for a Sona...well, uhh...
I'm retiring Ice. It's so sad ;_;

Awww, this is very sad ): If I have time, I'll see if I can draw him one last time. I look forward to seeing your new 'sona, though! :D

HAI GAIZ.

Pfff reading this thread always makes me get a ridiculous grin on my face so I can't come on while my parents are around or else they get suspicious.

Everyone! Quick! Get your reference pictures up before it's too late! Or else I'm going to have to draw you guys without a ref and you probably don't want that. Meanwhile, anyone want grapejuice?

Here's my ref for anyone who cares.

Cirrus said:
yeah, my drawing is pretty much confined to random scribbly doodles
Well, this club is called Obsessive Scribblers! Scribbling is our job!

And whhaaatttt Danni has short hair now?!

RIP: Ice's old 'sona.

And, speaking of short hair, I'm going to be computer-less for two weeks starting from tomorrow, so I'll spam you guys with the new strips for my comic-thing after that. I have a ton of new strips (a lot of which involving drunk!Zora), so, um, have patience?

Back
Top Bottom