• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well Swift Swim was an ability Luvdisc didn't really need. So it makes sense for it to be replaced. And by "for one", you're saying there's other evidence?

http://pokebeach.com/2010/08/august-corocoro-magazine said:
Mamambou (ママンボウ) - Nursing Pokemon - Luvdisc's evolution - Water - Healing Heart (cures teammates of status conditions) or Hydration - 1.2m - 31.6kg. Note that Electivire was not revealed to be Electabuzz's evolution until much later, so we're assuming it is Luvdisc's evolution.

If that is currently not convincing enough, then I don't know what is.

I think this is the point where I need to jump ship and stop looking at updates. At this rate everything's gonna be revealed before I even get my hands on the game! >: If this is supposed to be a totally new experience and stuff I think I'm gonna keep a few Pokemon a surprise.

Hm. Well, I suppose I was wrong in immediately saying that then. I'm kind of leaning away from thinking that it's a Luvdisc evo now, though. The picture of its front makes it look a lot different from Luvdisc, and even though that's not concrete evidence enough, I'm becoming doubtful.

Well, seeing as they said no pre-gen 5 Pokemon would appear until after the National Dex, why would they put in an evolution for a pre-gen 5 Pokemon in the main Pokedex?

I'm also starting to doubt it actually is a Luvdisc evolution, thought it's still possible. Well, I think everyone has essentially given up on Gigaisu being an alternate evolution for Nosepass. Dento being a gym leader sort of surprises me, but if he replaces Brock, I guess it makes sense. And lol, Swana.

Last edited:
Swana is a quite uncreative name.
I don't think GF is putting Mamanbo in the main Pokedex, rather showing it off as a Luvdisc evolution or something alike that?

More news on Serebii. The most noteworthy news I found not related to new pokemon or moves was this: "The ability Sturdy now prevents any form of one hit knock out, leaving just 1 Hit Point"

And suddenly it and pokemon that have it get a little more useful.

Serebii and Pokebeach have a lot more news now. One big thing - TM's DON'T DISAPPEAR AFTER ONE USE :DDDD Gamefreak has made me monstrously happy. :)

Also - Pokemon caught in the Dream World have different abilities, which is pretty cool.

I like how Sturdy is actually going to be a useful ability now. It never really was useful since hardly anyone ever used OHKO moves.

ANDANDAND Pokemon locations change depending on seasons, which is pretty obvious, but still it's good to have confirmation. Looks like I'm going to be fiddling around with my DS clock a lot for the game.

That's really all that I'm super excited about, really. Mainly the whole thing about TM's.

YES YES YES

No more of what happened in SS where I needed more than one Ice Beam TM so I had to play the stupid game for DAYYYYYYYS D:

YES YES YES

No more of what happened in SS where I needed more than one Ice Beam TM so I had to play the stupid game for DAYYYYYYYS D:
This.
OH GOD THIS.

Now if they keep the Game Corner a Game Corner for every other region outside Japan, or make Japan suffer Voltorb Flip too, I'll be /really/ happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom