• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Possibility of Pokemon coming to Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was in an episode of the anime. Or a movie. But if you want a better example, all of the inhabitants of that one forest in the movie Jirachi: Wishmaker ran from the giant fake groudon thing. I count that as external stimuli.

Well, I would think that a species as advanced as pokemon would run from a fire, especially if they were grass type. I mean, pokemon do not just sit around stationary and wait for someone to catch them.

"Responding to the environment" could also be running from a trainer trying to catch it, or responding to another Pokémon attacking it. A wild Pokémon will fight without orders from a trainer, so it still must be able to respond to the environment on its own.

As far as evolution goes... do Pokémon actually grow? We've always been told that they grow by evolving, but is this actually growing by biology's standards? Do they have cells that function as a living thing's and divide as the Pokémon grows?

And I remembered something - Mewtwo was supposedly created from Mew's DNA. Logical assumption that, then, Pokémon have DNA?

"Responding to the environment" could also be running from a trainer trying to catch it, or responding to another Pokémon attacking it. A wild Pokémon will fight without orders from a trainer, so it still must be able to respond to the environment on its own.

eh, I guess.

As far as evolution goes... do Pokémon actually grow?

vulpix is confirmed to grow, as are a few of the snakes and probably plenty of other stuff.

We've always been told that they grow by evolving, but is this actually growing by biology's standards? Do they have cells that function as a living thing's and divide as the Pokémon grows?

go ask on of the resident biologist on the first, the second is probable by pokedex.

And I remembered something - Mewtwo was supposedly created from Mew's DNA. Logical assumption that, then, Pokémon have DNA?

well, except for the fact that deoxys apparently is living space alien dna and stuff. mew is stated somewhere to have dna for everything, but mewtwo's creation varies between the various canons.

I had a dream where oil drillers found an cave where ideas came to rest, and Pokémon were inside. But because of the evilness and violence of most people, the Pokémon were sick, sadistic creatures. I vividly remember a Magnezone coming out first, using it's magnetic powers to wield the gigantic drill as a machete and literally killed the entire state.

This started a full on war, with humans being left in a Post-Apocalyptic state.

Anyway, the seven characteristics of life are Nutrition, Respiration, Excretion.
Growth, Reproduction, Movement, Response.

Nutrition-Pokémon eat fruit, berries, Pokéblocks, Poffins, ect. So that's a tick.

Respiration-Pokémon take energy from the air, otherwise, they would all be able to breath underwater. And they wouldn't eat food unless they could gain energy from it, so I say this is a tick.

Excretion-Has a Pokémon ever been seen sweating? If so, then this is a tick. If not, than it's an X.

Growth-Evolution. So, tick.

Reproduction-Eggs. Tick.

Movement-Obviously a tick.

Response-Trainers call out commands, Pokémon follow them-they respond to the command. Tick.

So, aside from excretion (which, in fairness, may have been left out on the grounds of kid-friendlyness) all the requirements of lights are fulfilled. Depending on your view of Excretion, they may or may not be classed as living things.

... not only has the post itself been dealt with, it's not your place to tell other people off. Furthermore, you do realise complaining about said post in-thread bumps the thread again? >:| You're just embarrassing yourself. Coroxn is a relatively new user and I'd prefer if you didn't resort to public embarrassment, thanks.

In future, use the report button
report.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom