• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Possibility of Pokemon coming to Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

RespectTheBlade

rage against the dying of the light
Well, I've been wondering something, and decided this was the best place to get it out.

Is it possible, that, in the near future, pokemon could come to earth on a meteorite?

It has been mentioned in certain aspects of the anime and games that Clefairy fell from space with the moon stones on mt. moon. And certain other pokemon, such as Deoxys, Lunatone, Solrock, and Jirachi, all have connections with metiorites. (Jirachi may be a bit of a stretch, but I think the rock it comes out of in Wishmaker looks a lot like a crystal meteorite.

And I recall, at some point in the anime, something about clefairy bringing all other species of pokemon to earth.

So my question is, does anyone have any opinion on wwether tiso could actually happen or not?

I believe there is a possibility, but I think that said meteorite, if it fell to earth, could wipe out the human race.

...I desperately wish they existed (I want my swellow, dang it!), but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Unless they're on that meteor headed for Earth that's scheduled to land in December 2012.

...what?

You do realize the Pokémon games are, like, fiction, and not something that actually happened on some other planet, right?

It's theoretically possible something vaguely similar to Pokémon (that does not break multiple laws of physics) could exist somewhere in the universe, sure, but only in the same sense that it's theoretically possible there's an invisible pink unicorn, and what fictional accounts of fictional Pokémon arriving on fictional meteorites there are in-fictional-universe have absolutely no bearing on the matter. Some alien life form resembling Clefairy is no likelier to arrive on Earth via meteorite than some alien life form resembling Bulbasaur just because we happen to have fictional video games in which Clefairy are from space.

Did I mention Pokémon are fictional?

Dude, then it'd be like fucking Charizards flying around stomping people and burning buildings! And we don't have any Pokeballs to contain them in! They'd enslave the human race!

(I am going to be sorely pissed if I wake up on December whatever 2012 and this has not happened.)

...what?

You do realize the Pokémon games are, like, fiction, and not something that actually happened on some other planet, right?

It's theoretically possible something vaguely similar to Pokémon (that does not break multiple laws of physics) could exist somewhere in the universe, sure, but only in the same sense that it's theoretically possible there's an invisible pink unicorn, and what fictional accounts of fictional Pokémon arriving on fictional meteorites there are in-fictional-universe have absolutely no bearing on the matter. Some alien life form resembling Clefairy is no likelier to arrive on Earth via meteorite than some alien life form resembling Bulbasaur just because we happen to have fictional video games in which Clefairy are from space.

Did I mention Pokémon are fictional?

I am aware of that, but there is a possibility that anything could exist somewhere in the universe, so there is a possibility that something like that could arrive on earth.

I am also aware of how small a chance that is, so there is probably no chance this will happen in the future. It is possible, though.

What if somewhere in the universe there's a bigger version of me devouring planets? Or two robot armies warring against each other?

(hm, do pokémon even qualify as alive?)

This would be an interesting discussion.

7 Characteristics of Life

I think the "heredity" and the "reproduction" parts are the most questionable. Do Pokémon have genes that are passed on? I suppose so, in a way: somehow the egg must be able to inherit the parents' attacks and the mother's species. Thoughts?

(should that be a new thread?)

Pokemon actually existing in our universe:

0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

That's your chance. :P

Pokemon actually existing in our universe:

0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

That's your chance. :P

actually, that's too high of a chance.

Also, on the subject of pokemon being alive:

Well, pokemon:

Adapt and evolve to their habitats, respond to external and internal stimuli, and can reproduce (to some extent).

So I would say yes.

I doubt this will happen, though I do think that the human race-once we get this far- will be capable of creating a virtual world where we can catch pokemon like it's real.

This would be an interesting discussion.

7 Characteristics of Life

I think the "heredity" and the "reproduction" parts are the most questionable. Do Pokémon have genes that are passed on? I suppose so, in a way: somehow the egg must be able to inherit the parents' attacks and the mother's species. Thoughts?

(should that be a new thread?)

actually response to environment, use of energy, and evolution and adaption are fairly questionable, too.

actually response to environment, use of energy, and evolution and adaption are fairly questionable, too.

so, what does Evolution count as? as in pokemon Evolution? is changing to a new form not considered "adapting to your environment", no matter how rapid it occurs? and pokemon do respond to their environment. If there were a fire in a largefield, wouldn't all the pokemon run away? if there was a new food supply, such as a berry orchard, wouldn't pokemon go over and eat the berries?. As far of use of energy, aside from using attacks, I think you have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom