• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kingdom Hearts Mafia [MAFIA WIN]

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/he/it/neos
Night begins to fall in the Realm of Darkness; a bit of a confusing fact, since when you think about it, it's pretty much always dark there. Regardless, everyone could sense the "night" approaching, and they all retreated to wherever the hell they were staying and settled down, waiting for the best time to act.

The night is here, and all role PMs should have been received. 48 hours for night actions.

Last edited:
Re: [Night One] Kingdom Hearts Mafia

The humans-turned-Heartless all woke up at the same time; a good thing, since the discussions were to start today. They wandered outside and found themselves in a huge clearing, with gallows hanging in the center. They quickly decided to use the clearing as the center of business, where they would have their discussions, and lynch the most suspicious person.

As they reached the center of the clearing, Zora uttered a startled cry; right at her feet was the body of Mawile, with a gaping hole in her chest.

Mawile has had her heart stolen: she was not Mafia.

You have twenty-four hours to decide on a person to lynch, or to abstain if you so desire. If a majority is reached beforehand, the day may end early.

Re: [Day One] Kingdom Hearts Mafia

Yay, my first game surviving past N1!

So, the only single-killing role is Xehanort, unless Mickey/Minnie healed a Hayner/Pence. That's not that likely, so I'm going to have to say it was a Xehanort kill. :-/ first day and everything, there's nothing else to say.

Yeah, doesn't look like much else to say.

Shall we discuss whether we're going to randlynch or abstain today? 3 Mafia out of 12 remaining players is a 1-in-4 shot, so the randlynch would have terrible odds.

Don't forget Roxas; the odds could be 3/16 if Roxas is town, 4/16 if Roxas is Mafia.

Either way that makes randlynching worse, so if nobody comes up with anything, I guess we'll have to abstain.

Right, as mentioned, presumably this is Xenahort's kill. The idea Pence or Hayner happened to get targeted and someone healed Xenahort's target is simply too unlikely.

I guess Mawile could also have theoretically been Olette, but is that really even worth considering? I don't think it matters much either way; it still means he was an innocent. Pete's another potential dead role, but considering I've never seen a terrorist actually use their power, I think it's safe to say we mostly don't have to worry about him unless we try to get him lynched.

For once I'm actually not entirely certain about randomlynch. We have an awful chance of doing anything useful with it, and I can't even say my usual "well if you count all these other useless things!" because we don't have any extra innocents or the corrupt cops, just lovers.

Slim chance of information, good chance of destroying someone we might actually want.

Don't forget Roxas; the odds could be 3/16 if Roxas is town, 4/16 if Roxas is Mafia.

But... we have thirteen people.

Additionally, since Pence and Hayner only have a small chance of revenge killing, the alien is probably inactive, so we could possibly add that to the count. But we won't know whether or not we've hit Pete or Riku, so it's not like we would even be getting information from them.

Lovers + Maleficent + Xenahort + Pete + Riku is 46%, but considering that we'll only get information for two of them, and that lovers add to the innocent count...

Randomlynching is still an option, but is it worth it in this game? Will it be any more worth it tomorrow? Probably just one more innocent will die, and we'll have yet another chance of Riku being activated.

It's a bad chance, but it won't get better very quickly, so maybe we should pick someone and get it over with. Maybe.

But... we have thirteen people.

Oops, my math fail, I meant to say 3/13 or 4/13.

Also, as Hiikaru meantioned, since we have Riku who is almost certainly not activated, the odds of having a RL in favor of the town is 4/13 or 5/13.

The thing is, what will waiting to randlynch do? It means we'd have more of a chance of hitting Mafia, but only because more innocents would have been killed off which is what randlynch would do anyway.

I don't know, maybe we can wait and see if someone just happens to slip up and say something suspicious...as far as I can tell we should only be expecting one kill every night, so we can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that Riku hasn't been activated and that's one less risk while lynching.

Oops, my math fail, I meant to say 3/13 or 4/13.

Technically twelve discounting Mawile (look at me going around correcting people and then not even counting the dead!). Not that it does that much to improve the odds anyway.

Where did sixteen come from? Looking at the sign-up thread max number, perhaps?

I also forgot to mention, what power would Roxas have chosen? And what side?

Scramble night actions
End night early (once)
Heal himself every other day
Steal someone from the discussion
50% avoid

I'd think most people would choose the Innocents side, since it's easier (kill off two or three guys instead of a minimum ten), but the power is really difficult. Can we get as many people in here as possible to try and figure out if he's taken Namine's power to put someone to sleep for a day? You guys don't necessarily have to say anything useful, you can just come in and say you're not sleeping. He could theoretically choose not to use this power, but why even pick something you're not going to bother using as often as possible?

I think we'd be informed if someone was sleeping. That's what I've seen in other games, anyway. Also, I don't think he gets to use his power on the first night, he can only choose it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I think the most useful one is:
Saїx: If Roxas picks this, each night he can pick one person to immobilize. This person’s night action will not occur.

Which you forgot on your list :P

Can we get as many people in here as possible to try and figure out if he's taken Namine's power to put someone to sleep for a day?

Ack, I guess I forgot to mention that, should Roxas choose Namine's ability, I'd let you guys know who was sleeping. If I don't mention anyone, then no one's sleeping. (oh, and besides, he can't use his power on the first night. *fails at moderation*)

EDIT: Ninja'd by Emerald Espeon, who was absolutely accurate. *tosses a cookie*

I think we should abstain. We really don't have anything to go on.

Right, as mentioned, presumably this is Xenahort's kill. The idea Pence or Hayner happened to get targeted and someone healed Xenahort's target is simply too unlikely.

True. But since we're on the subject (well, not quite, but obliquely) and this has come up in several games recently, I'd like to hereby ask Flora whether or not the kill descriptions will reflect how the victim died? Not that it appears to make a difference here (hole in chest for heart to pop out probably means Xehanort), but just in case it will in the future.

The thing is, what will waiting to randlynch do? It means we'd have more of a chance of hitting Mafia, but only because more innocents would have been killed off which is what randlynch would do anyway.

I guess that's correct. The mafia has zero chance of hitting Maleficent or Xenahort (Mafias can usually hit each other, but with only two of them, that's doubtful), whereas we have a slim chance. And if we hit innocents, well, that really just improves our chances of hitting the mafia next time.

Should we just use random.org or something? So far no one's being really suspicious... Possibly just a random generation of people who haven't posted so far, since everyone seems to like that. We haven't been discussing this for very long so some people might be otherwise occupied, but then we at least have a potentially useless player dead instead of someone who is posting and trying to help.

Supposedly the mafia are generally the quiet ones, anyway.

Also, I think the most useful one is:
Saїx: If Roxas picks this, each night he can pick one person to immobilize. This person’s night action will not occur.

Oh, whoops, totally missed that one. Why do you think it's the most useful? There's a power a lot like it in another mafia game I'm in and I've not yet been convinced of its usefulness. Since you don't know anyone else's roles, isn't it difficult to use effectively?

I've heard the idea to use it on random people and guess if they're mafia based on whether or not someone dies, but that's pretty inefficient, and you'd have to get lucky to block the mafia boss out of this many people.

Espeon and Flora said:
sleeping isn't a secret
Espeon and Flora said:
no power use on night one

Right. I guess that's one power we don't have to worry over, at least.

I'd like to hereby ask Flora whether or not the kill descriptions will reflect how the victim died? Not that it appears to make a difference here (hole in chest for heart to pop out probably means Xehanort), but just in case it will in the future.

Yupyupyup, it does.

Yupyupyup, it does.
Goody!

I guess that's correct. The mafia has zero chance of hitting Maleficent or Xenahort (Mafias can usually hit each other, but with only two of them, that's doubtful), whereas we have a slim chance. And if we hit innocents, well, that really just improves our chances of hitting the mafia next time.
Don't the mafia know who each other are, and hence not kill each other in the night? I mean, that would be pretty derpy.

Should we just use random.org or something? So far no one's being really suspicious... Possibly just a random generation of people who haven't posted so far, since everyone seems to like that. We haven't been discussing this for very long so some people might be otherwise occupied, but then we at least have a potentially useless player dead instead of someone who is posting and trying to help.

Supposedly the mafia are generally the quiet ones, anyway.
Sounds good, but rather than a random generation of everyone who hasn't posted (since some people honestly have few or sporadic computer hours in a day), how about a random generation of the people who are bandwagoning instead of actually discussing things? Has a chance of getting rid of a quiet mafia, and even if it doesn't get the mafia it'll get somebody who probably won't be very useful later on in the game. Plus it'll encourage people to talk more, which will make it more likely for a mafia member to mess up and bring attention to themself.

Don't the mafia know who each other are, and hence not kill each other in the night? I mean, that would be pretty derpy.

Yes - I was thinking of how some mafias hit their own members to create chaos, but they're not very likely to even attempt that with only two roles instead of a leader and a bunch of useless follower guys.

Sounds good, but rather than a random generation of everyone who hasn't posted (since some people honestly have few or sporadic computer hours in a day), how about a random generation of the people who are bandwagoning instead of actually discussing things? Has a chance of getting rid of a quiet mafia, and even if it doesn't get the mafia it'll get somebody who probably won't be very useful later on in the game. Plus it'll encourage people to talk more, which will make it more likely for a mafia member to mess up and bring attention to themself.

I don't have a problem with that, although for now that group looks like it only includes Flareth. I guess [O] would be in second there, but he's participating some.

I think we should abstain. We really don't have anything to go on.

And Flareth isn't even actually voting to abstain, just considering it, which is sort of odd.

We might choose Flareth for now and possibly see how the rest of the discussion goes, although some people might not post at all if we're killing off members who aren't participating very much. Still, if they want to post, they'll have to avoid bandwagoning or be added to the list of potential lynches.

And Flareth isn't even actually voting to abstain, just considering it, which is sort of odd.
I don't actually find that odd. I've seen a couple of games where people started off discussing whether to abstain or not. It's not really odd.

I find it odd that you are suggesting we lynch Flareth just because (s)he hasn't voted to abstain.

To Flora: If a lover dies, does the person the other lover targeted die immediately or on the next day?

I don't actually find that odd. I've seen a couple of games where people started off discussing whether to abstain or not. It's not really odd.

I find it odd that you are suggesting we lynch Flareth just because (s)he hasn't voted to abstain.

To Flora: If a lover dies, does the person the other lover targeted die immediately or on the next day?

No, I'm suggesting we lynch Flareth because she's not really participating, as you can see if you look at the rest of the post. That she didn't vote is just an afterthought.

I'm not Flora, but it's generally immediately and it ought to still be if it wasn't specified. "Rise of the OC's" is an example where the other lover dies immediately.

(While I'm talking about it, that's also the game where I saw people talking about mafia killing mafia. If anyone was wondering.)

No, I'm suggesting we lynch Flareth because she's not really participating, as you can see if you look at the rest of the post. That she didn't vote is just an afterthought.

I'm not Flora, but it's generally immediately and it ought to still be if it wasn't specified. "Rise of the OC's" is an example where the other lover dies immediately.

(While I'm talking about it, that's also the game where I saw people talking about mafia killing mafia. If anyone was wondering.)

We don't have that kind of lovers in this game. Or maybe what I'm referring to isn't called lovers. I'm referring to Hayner/Pence, the revenge kill thing. I'm wondering if the revenge kill is immediate or on the next day. I'm thinking it's the next day, but I'm not sure

Back
Top Bottom