• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 1]

I'm still reluctant to do so until tomorrow. If he's vigilante, then the mafia will most likely kill him. I don't want to lynch someone who may really be very useful.

It's better than abstaining, but I'm not going to lynch him until someone else is suggested or someone gives a sufficient case for him being suspicious.

I figured the odd push to get people to roleclaim was the sufficient case.

Karkat Vantas.

I'm not really sure. He's probably not alien, but I'm not sure he's mafia. And if he's telling the truth, losing our vigilante would be awful.

I doubt an alien would get activated this early, especially when we already had a death.

Although an alien probably hasn't been activated, it doesn't necessarily mean he is mafia. He suggested that people roleclaim, but it doesn't mean he's mafia.

Karkat roleclaiming so quickly is pretty suspicious. Maybe he's trying to get lynched or something and is an alien? Well, if that's the case, at least there is a Marta somewhere out there. It's pretty unlikely though, considering that the mafia is probably the only one with an action at the moment.

If he is an alien, he shouldn't be doing this so soon. He can't be activated yet, since the Mafia's action killed Negrek and nobody else has any action yet.

I'm inclined to believe for now that Karkat is Lloyd and is just eager, but if we don't lynch him today, in the future (especially if we get a day without a kill) we should assume by default that he is an activated alien and absolutely not lynch him.

Still, though, if we don't lynch Karkat, it might be in the inspectors' best interests to inspect someone other than Karkat tonight, since (A) if he's really Lloyd, he's probably going to get killed by the Mafia, (B) if he's alien, he will probably get targeted by the Mafia and who knows if you'll get inspection results for before or after he's activated, and (C) if he's Mafia you'll get the same result as if he was activated alien so you can't even distinguish between B and C.

This entire post is made up of assumptions for "if we don't lynch Karkat" and guess what we probably will lynch Karkat because that's the way the ball's rolling and it's hard to fight a bandwagon especially if your posts are enormous like this.

tl;dr nothing important, really. Except that Karkat can't currently be an activated alien.

EDIT/NINJA'D:

I'm not really sure. He's probably not alien, but I'm not sure he's mafia. And if he's telling the truth, losing our vigilante would be awful.

Also this.

Oh, what the fuck, guys. I've supported a mass-roleclaim in the past, and it's not like all of you have some SUPER-IMPORTANT role that you CAN'T GIVE AWAY.

...also, since I've posted enough to reach rank 3, I can prove my role to you without the risk of sepukku, so why not.

And besides, since I'm the only person who's roleclaimed I think I'm going to be dead tomorrow.

:)

Let's abstain, shall we? Because killing off the only person who's claimed as something useful isn't the best idea.

Abstain seems like a good idea for now. I don't want to take the risk of killing a useful role.

Too bad I don't have enough to say to fill up several paragraphs :(

Edit:
I lose the drawback after nine posts, so I might be able to get around it.

Maybe.

Either way, I think you guys could roleclaim day 2, once you've all posted enough to get your powers.

Nine posts? Has it really been that many? I should check... (Ctrl+F is great!)

Seven, not nine. Why lie?

If he's vigilante, then the mafia will most likely kill him.

Why would they do that, though? He's said he's not planning to use his action, hasn't he? That would make him not much of a threat to them.

Kam is being pretty suspicious by pushing others to claim, but I think we should see if someone else counterclaims as the "real" vigilante, first. I'm kind of inclined to believe him just because he roleclaimed so quickly when if he was Mafia, it would be very likely that the actual vig was still alive.

EDIT: okay ninja'd by Kam saying he does plan to use his action, so never mind my first point.

btw, since nobody but the Mafia could have activated an alien, it's impossible for there to be an activated alien.

I also evolve at two posts, I think the less important roles evolve at two.
Also, Abstain 'cause I don't want to kill the Vig Day One if he's telling the truth.
EDIT: DOUBLE NINJA'D

Vigilante isn't terribly useful, in my opinion; it's full of guessing games and most sensible players, like Karkat mentioned, won't use it at all for that exact reason. And the Mafia always shoot them dead anyway as soon as they roleclaim. I'm just suspicious of people who roleclaim on *Day 1* of a game where nobody currently has any interesting role, and where many people might choose not to evolve further on anyway. Pushing others to roleclaim is also stupid, for the reasons I mentioned earlier (LIKE STABBY DEATH).

I also *loathe* abstaining, because it's boring and gets nothing done. It's Day 1, we clearly don't have that much information, but lynching someone might provide some insight. I'm not changing my vote.

I'm a tad suspicious of Karkat, but I agree that we shouldn't lynch him yet; we have a quite-high chance of killing an innocent (and a vigilante at that), so I don't wanna risk that.

Abstaining

Why would they do that, though? He's said he's not planning to use his action, hasn't he? That would make him not much of a threat to them.

Kam is being pretty suspicious by pushing others to claim, but I think we should see if someone else counterclaims as the "real" vigilante, first. I'm kind of inclined to believe him just because he roleclaimed so quickly when if he was Mafia, it would be very likely that the actual vig was still alive.

He can be the future vigilante. Without any other leads, and in addition to the fact that he's quite experienced, it makes him quite a likely target.

Although I guess you're right about the counterclaiming thing. Whoever really is Lloyd if Karkat isn't Lloyd should probably say so sometime, but not necessarily right now.

I have nine posts. I could easily prove my role if you doubt me.

I get pretty excited in Mafia games whenever I get a non-alien role, so I chose to take a more active role in this game.

Hm. I don't think vigilante is at all useful and your immediate roleclaim bothers me, but I suppose if you're proved wrong we can lynch you tomorrow anyway. Abstain, if incredibly reluctantly.

And if anyone claims as another Lloyd, I'm stating here that I will immediately switch my vote back.

I think that Vigilantes are very useful, as you can use them to kill suspicious people if you are lynching an even more suspicious person. Also, Karkat, what is some things you can do now that you are tier three?

I can now kill without the risk of sepukku.

At Rank 4, I can attack through roleblocks.

Aaand I also have a SUPER SECRET RANK FIVE but I'm going to be dead tomorrow anyway.

What did you get Rank 2? Also, Vigilantes are useful for killing Aliens.

LEVEL UP!

Back
Top Bottom