• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I'm in Iceland!

Tarvos

helt plötsligt blev det tyst
Posting this from Guesthouse Pavi in Reykjavik, where we somehow manage free wifi and a fully equipped kitchen for 50 euros a night.

Notes:
Even at Bonus, the girls at the cash register speak excellent English

Keflavik Airport is like it was dropped in the middle of a lava field and then people were like "fuck it" and left

And everything is super organized

Nice. Any reason why you left for Iceland? I probably forgot if you told us before.

Only in the volcanoes, Legend, Only in the volcanoes...

[of course, I'm probably wrong about that...]

:o Hi! (If I shout really loudly, you'll probably hear me.)

Just got back from doing laugavegur (hiking trail) for four days. Am in Reykjavik in some cafe which has free wifi. was planning on skaftafell but it's closed.

Went fore landscapes in the interior. I won't be in reykja often though.

Am here until July 15.

TARVOS! You must find Butterfree and get her autograph! I want one too! Have her write it out to Tori for mine! ALSO! You must find out where her stash of magical awesome powder she sprinkles onto her articles, web design, and (fan) fiction is so I can have some! Thanks! xD

Why do I get the feeling Butterfree is now nailing her doors and windows and hiding in a closet now?

TARVOS! You must find Butterfree and get her autograph! I want one too! Have her write it out to Tori for mine! ALSO! You must find out where her stash of magical awesome powder she sprinkles onto her articles, web design, and (fan) fiction is so I can have some! Thanks! xD
o_O

That being said, I'm all for meeting up if you want, Tarvos.

Why do I get the feeling Butterfree is now nailing her doors and windows and hiding in a closet now?
I doubt that-
Oh. Uh. People! I was just joking! I don't stalk people!

Oh! And following up on that one livejournal post, maybe the Christian overtones/allegory in the Narnia series can be lessened if you take it as just mythological borrowing, which C.S. Lewis endorsed (though he believed, like J.R.R. Tolkien, that the Christ myth was a true myth) and that it isn't actually trying to demonstrate or prove the principles that underline the Christ myth.

♫I'm your biggest fan/I'll follow you until you love me/Papa-paparazzi ♫

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not getting any autographs. But I would like to. Problem is I am only in rvik today until 5 and July 15 in the morning before I leave to kef airport. So it'd have to be either. Going to akureyri tonight. Myvatn tomorrow.

We met up. :D It was nice. We discussed languages and college, went to the local nerd shop and had pizza.

We met up. :D It was nice. We discussed languages and college, went to the local nerd shop and had pizza.

I really want to go to your local nerd shop. :(
You make it sounds really quite amazing. You'll have to organise some kind of expo in Iceland so that the entirety of the UK forum population has some form of excuse to jump the border to Iceland for a while.

Butterfree lives in Iceland? o.o
That explains... a few things that I should have been able to figure this out from.
Anyways, congratulations on going to Iceland.

I really want to go to your local nerd shop. :(
You make it sounds really quite amazing. You'll have to organise some kind of expo in Iceland so that the entirety of the UK forum population has some form of excuse to jump the border to Iceland for a while.

Depending on when this happens I would definitely spend the money to go there from America.

Back
Top Bottom