• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SCHOOOOOL

Jeanine came into school on Monday with the reason why she was going to hurt her boyfriend:

Jeanine: He gave me a collar.
Everyone else: *laughs*
Jeanine: He said he wanted to give me one with a bell on it but he figured I'd kill him if he did.
Everyone else: *dies of hysterical laughter*

And then:

Nique: I was on the phone with Jeanine, and I was in my basement and I saw a dead mouse! And I started screaming "THERE'S A DEAD MOUSE OHMYGOD DAAAAAAAAD COME DOWN HERE AND GET THE DEAD MOUSE...OH WAIT, IT'S JUST A LEAF, NEVER MIND!" And my dad yelled back "I'M GONNA KILL YOUUUUUUU!"
Everyone listening: *dies of laughter again*

One last post for the school year: Okay so I looked back through and I somehow forgot to mention this.

Anyways, we were taking finals for health class, which was basically just writing a paragraph on our favorite unit, why we liked it, etc. and drawing a picture representing the unit on the back. So, we had a sex ed unit, and one guy apparently had it as his favorite. When the time came to draw the picture, he pulled out his wallet and fetched a condom out of it, then began to draw it. Our sub noticed and it was hilarious:

Sub: What is this? Don't keep these things in your wallet, you'll be taking a girl out to dinner and be all like "Wait, I got this," and then that pops out. She's going to be all like, "Yeah, nice try."
Me: Or she'll be willing, but then you know that she's probably kind of a slut.
Sub: Exactly.

If you've never been to Hershey, the Kissing Tower is an observatory tower-y thing. The windows are shaped like Hershey Kisses. Get it?

Jeanine: Let's go on the Kissing Tower! ...wait, I don't wanna kiss either of you! No offense.
Later:
Nique: How could you guys go on the Kissing Tower if you didn't have anyone to kiss?
Jeanine: *sounding completely serious* Oh, I kissed Rachel.
Me and Nique: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???
Jeanine: *laughing hysterically*

I wish.

So I overheard this today:
Guy: So, then... I'm not in trouble?
Girl: Nope, you're still in trouble. You're just not totally fucked.
Guy: Then exactly how much trouble am I in?
Girl: Um... not fucked, but not in the clear... I'd say about a handjob?
Me, walking past: PFFFFFFFT

I got quite a few stories.

First up, every day in my World History class this year this Junior from the one of the teacher's past classes would come around and yell "OK guys, its [insert day here], lets do this! YEAH!!!" He would then hi-five the teacher and we would all yell "YEEEEEAAH!" at the top of our lungs. When I once asked the teacher who he was, she just said "He's Dr. Awesome! YOU DON'T QUESTION DR. AWESOME!" And so, I never did.

Also in that class, we had some very interesting conversations, such as this one(background info: the teacher is Italian, her husband isn't, and this is why she married a non-italian):

Teacher: ...my husband isn't Italian.
Student: Why didn't you marry another Italian?
Teacher: My uncle got around. I'm not sure how many girls he was with, but all I know is that I'm not taking the risk. If you're Italian, then I just assume that I am related to you.
Another student: Hey, I'm Italian.
Teacher: COUSIN! How have you been?
Everybody: *laughs out loud*

I have too many random school stories to tell them all. So, I'll tell my favorite.

Okay, when I was in sixth grade, I was in this class called AIMS Math, which was basically the most advanced sixth grade math class. Since we were the 'smart class', our teacher let us get away with almost anything -- while she sometimes had to tell us to be quiet, she very rarely would get us in serious trouble.

Case in point, at the end of the year, we decided to pull a little prank on her. It was nothing spectacular: When she left the room, we all got out of our desks and went to one corner of the room...everyone except for two people: A guy, who I'll call C, who hid behind the door; and a girl, who I'll call M, who hid under the teacher's desk.

The teacher comes back in, we're all staring at her from the corner and she's staring back at us, no one saying anything. C pops out from behind the door, our teacher jumps and makes a sound to the effect of "AAAHHH", then laughs it off and tells everyone -- we're all laughing hysterically -- to go back to our seats.

We do that, and she goes back to her desk and sits down...only to have M pop out from under the desk, scaring the wits out of her and causing her to jump again. We're all laughing even harder now, and we were kinda surprised that no one got in trouble for it.

Yeah...it was kind of a you-had-to-be-there thing, but it was goddamn hilarious.

The one I can think of off the top of my head is what happened just yesterday, on the last day of school. My chemistry teacher... completely and utterly ignored us, since only like half the school showed up :B Instead, he played on his 3DS (specifically, the Ocarina of Time remake) and proceeded to start yelling at his game whenever... stuff in general happened. :B And then this one kid had to come up and give him help with the game. It was pretty amusing, anyway. |D

Okay, this is only sort of at school, but it still counts. The class is "Humanities". A bunch of genius science nerds are busily discussing Frankenstein and what it means to be a monster.

Student: But... like... what about a mermaid? Because mermaids are so beautiful so they wouldn't be considered monsters but they can be really dangerous too! But they still wouldn't be monsters so obviously appearance is what matters! But mermen would be considered monsters because they look weird!

Teacher: I'm sure they look quite nice to mermaids.

And he KEPT BRINGING IT UP. Like every day. And it was funny because it was like this serious discussion and whatever and then... MERMAIDS!

Oh and also at one point the teacher made one of the students come down to the front of the room and sit on the table and proceeded to talk about how this was his creature and he avoided so many of the problems Victor Frankenstein had and so his creature should be grateful enough to do his laundry and get him coffee every morning.

God, this is from freshman year...A couple friends and I were rooming together on the school music trip and talking about crushes. Two of them knew each other from grade school, and one of them liked a kid from her grade school so the other friend knew him. So this happened:

Maddy: Actually, Jeanine, I could imagine you and [crush's name] doing it...
Jeanine: MADDY!!!!!!!
Me and Nique: GOD NO MADDY

The rest of that conversation can not be recalled, but was undoubtedly hilarious.

So then we went to bed (it's a good thing Jeanine and I were sharing a bed and not Jeanine and Maddy...that would not end well):

Maddy: *very creepily* Good night, Jeanine~
Me and Jeanine: O_o
Nique: You're staying on that side of the bed!!!

Alright, it's not really school per se, but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it.
Me (Playing Barbarian Minotaur that likes to charge walls and stuff.): *Some Objection*
DM: Because I'm the DM!
Me: MD?
Reid (who is playing two characters, actually.): Magical device in the wall! Charge it!
DM (As Barkeep, who has previously melted off my hand and re-attached it.):
NO. If you harge my wall, I will melt your face off, cut you into ribbons, feed you to your "wife", cut her open, Raise you from the Dead, and rape your children while making you watch!
Reid: Charge the wall...

I hated school.

Especially Year 9.
-nearly jumped off the school building and the TEACHERS did nothing
-had my gift binned during the last day
-had a mental breakdown and nearly choked a kid half my size. Nearly because the whole class pinned me down and I still got to his throat.
-beat another kid and broke his leg
-alienated by the whole year group, one kid only liked me because I had a PS2 and liked the same games he did
-math was horrible
-broke my hand trying to get out of a corner, door was wedged shut by three of the biggest guys in our year group. Only because it didn't need a cast; it was dislocated. Needed to be bandaged.
-ridiculed for breaking said hand, everyone kept slapping the fuck out of it.
-humiliated for getting myself out of trouble (teacher berated us for not being quiet outside the computer room, sent the guys back and had the girls research Darwin. Had everyone stand up until they said something relevant about him. YESTERDAY we studied him in our Civics class. No one but me read through his Civics book and answered him. Scorned by the whole class.)
-teachers did nothing
-my old friends in primary, who I reunited with, are complete and utter bastards who I'd love to shit in their graves.

It was hell. Everyday was hell. If I could change ONE POINT in my life, I would say no to staying in the Philippines. Saying yes was the gateway to hell I wouldn't wish on anyone. The only reason I would go back is to have a vacation with real human beings.

I just remembered how some friends of mine were singing "Under the Sea," but they were replacing the word "sea" with "sheets" and it was hilarious.

Everything's better
Down where it's wetter
Under the sheets

So. Today.

Background: There's this guy, let's call him S, in my art class. For some reason, he likes drawing babies.
Sitting in the art room and class is about to start. This girl, E, comes in and says she has a present for S. S comes in and E's like "close your eyes and I'll give you your present." So she pulls out this green baby doll - it was like a Shrek baby or something. Apparently she FOUND it. Not bought, found. No idea where. It's one of those talking ones too. So it kept randomly saying weird gibberish-y phrases, and it would do this really weird purring thing and it was already pretty damn creepy. But apparently it wasn't creepy enough, because E and S decided it would be fun to TAKE ITS SKIN OFF. The skin was rubber or something and underneath was plastic. So they pulled the rubber portion of the head off. THEN STARTED WEARING IT AS A MASK. Now S's doll has this weird gaping mouth and bug-eyes, and E kept the mask.

So creepy...

Oh and I remembered something from the other day. So it's senior year. In the past, the seniors have been kind of jerks towards the younger grades, definitely claiming their seniority. We're pretty passive, and we're generally nice to the younger grades, but they're total jerks to us. So my classmate was talking about how we have to assert our seniority somehow and so he was like "I'll just go up in assembly and punch a middle schooler, then they'll take us seriously." Umm... what?

Last edited:
My Social Studies teacher attempting to explain the process of how neanderthals became beings we identify as humans today.

"Woah, I have such a big brain, and those stars up there - Now this guy isn't stoned - those stars, I think I've just discovered navigation."

He also told one of his students to tell his homeroom teacher that he was an idiot. Then he took it back and said that he should call him a moron. He also made a joke about how he insulted said teacher because he knew he could outrun him, thanks to the homeroom teacher's size. Or as he so subtly put it, "If you know what I mean."

I think I'm going to like high school.

My friend asked me in genetics today, "Does he always wait till the class is half over to teach?" The best part is, all I can do is smile and nod.

Me: And of course I left my lunch at home...
Amanda: Do you have any money?
Me: No, I don't.
Amanda: *offers five dollars*
Me: No, that's fine, I'll eat later.
Jess C (known for being very quiet): Did you have breakfast?
Me: No
Jess C: Get something.
Entire lunch table: HOLY SHIT THAT WAS KINDA SCARY.

In history class:

Max (the teacher): So, yeah, European culture was preeminent in 1900, and it was very hey Adam can I try on your hat?

Adam: I, uh...okay?

Max: *takes fedora and puts it on* Oh hey it actually fits. I thought it'd be too small but it's actually kind of big! Weird. Here you go. *hands hat back* Anyway, about Europe...

One of the actual nice things about school is the hilarious stuff that happens.

Sometimes the CD player randomly starts playing whatever happens to be in it at the time. This has made more than one of us jump when it happens during one of those strange, silent moments.

The class normally stays together, but we split up for Latin/French. On April Fool's Day we decided that everyone who took French would come into the Latin room. My Latin teacher just calmly said that there might be a few few to many of us, at which point about half of everyone who was in there got up and left.

And then there's all the random stuff you hear:

J: They killed my Fanta!

A: J, you're a political decision, too.

P: Let me sit or I'll die. Let. Me. Sit.
Y: Have fun dying!

A: Ok. You two die at the end.

S: There isn't anything else on the page.
Mr. S: It's possible the book has another page.

I actually keep a notebook full of quotes, most of which are from school. This is one of my favorites:

Mr. H : I saw that, even though you're small.
M: Nobody calls me small other than myself.
Mr. H: Am I nobody?
M: Yes.

Back
Top Bottom