• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many of you want to go back to school?

Do you want to go back?

• No

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 28 44.4%

• Total voters
Lol, as I post this it is exactly 50/50

I voted yes. I miss my friends! ;_;

And I'm extremely bored. Also, putting off summer assignments is a lot of work.

I'm gonna start wanting to as soon as I finish this pile of summer work. I couldn't find anywhere that would hire me for the summer, so I have freaking nothing to do except sit around and occasionally go out when my friends are free.

On the other hand, AP US History already sounds frightening (I've met the teacher and she's really nice, but she sure does expect AP-level work from you. :S). I'm not taking Latin any more ( ;____;) only because I had too many other classes I wanted to take. I've already met my required number of language credits with it, though, and since that was the class I was really devoted to the past two years I can shift that devotion over to APUSH.

Still, no more awesome Latin teacher... D:

On the other hand, Computer Science! As soon as I heard about this class, I dropped the stupid "OKAY KIDS HERE'S HOW WE MAKE A FOLDER :D NOW LET'S MAKE BUSINESS CARDS ON WORD" class from my schedule and signed up for it. This one should be pretty cool.

Art. Art. Eeeeeeegh art. I'm going to be in Art III this year and I'm kinda not at the level I should be by this point. :< That is thanks to my amazing art teacher from my freshman year, the one who wrote kickass recommendations and has made people famous before, simultaneously getting cancer/getting pissed off at the school board and retiring. Last year we had nothing but incompetent substitutes, and I did not learn a single goddamn thing. If this year is a repeat of that, I'm slashing someone's tires. I mean, I understand why my awesome teacher quit, but whyyy must there be such a shortage of competent art teachers willing to take the job?!

Also I couldn't get in the astronomy class I wanted because too many seniors wanted to take it, and, you know, they're first priority and all that. Also the buses are probably going to be fucking packed with shithead middle schoolers, and the freshmen are probably gonna be little shits too, and... eeennh.

But whatever. I'm sure going back to school will be fun.

Blargh. I don't really want to go back, summer is way too fun. Between going to my friends house for pool parties every other day and having the freedom to do whatever I want, school seems like a prison... *sigh*

At least I have History to look forward to...

.... NO. Because I'm going to go to high school, which means lots of homework, not a lot of computer time, sleep loss, and all the bad stuff. And our skit-thing-that-every-grade-has-to-do-each-year for this year sucks so bad, I can't even describe it.

All in all, I want to stay on the internets.

Give it some time and I will, but for now, no. Changing from middle school to high school and there'll be a lot of friends who don't go to my school anymore. I'll miss them, but there are others I want to see. Also, nervous about how hard it could be.

I miss my friends from school.... and I still have one month left.. kinda. I go back on the 8th of August.

Uh, no?

It's awesome sleeping as long as you want and not having craploads of homework, and I don't have too many frinds at school anyway, so that's no problem.

No. Not at all. No. I also have craploads of summer homework. Seriously. And going to high school from middle school, considering the high school I'm going to? Hell. They're waay too high-standard there. I don't see why everyone wanted me to go to that school. Also, I have no friends, and nobody at school cares about me. Why would it be any different? Staying home, on the computer, is good enough for me. Also, I get to eat whatever I want without worrying about what people think =)

I want to go back now because I'm bored with summer. Originally I didn't, but now I do. Junior High seems somewhat daunting, though. O_O

I do want to, because I'm (hopefully) going to an awesome boarding school next year, and although it's a bit of a scary thought to be away from home and more independent and things, I know a few people who go there now, and apparently it's really awesome, so I'm excited. :3

Surprisingly, I really, really do.
I don't know why-- the entire school and I do NOT get along (I'm a Satanist, 99.9% of the school body is hard-set christian; I'm a die-hard Liberal RADICAL and they're almost all Conservative; I'm as straight as a curly fry and they're overwhelmingly homophobic; I want to talk about the definition and essence of 'self' while they're chattering about Halo; et cetera), I'm not even that bored with summer yet, and I have virtually no friends.

I dunno. o-o
Maybe it's just that it makes weekends so much sweeter, the unbridled good feeling of those eventual snow days and waking up at 5 AM on said days because the school calls my mom (who's a teacher) at that time and she has to call us to tell us, as long as she's up, the satisfaction of staying home when you're sick, and the superiority I feel by knowing I'm surrounded by people who are dumber than me, instead of talking only to people who are equal.
Yes, I have an ego, what made you ask? ; D

... but yeah.
I want to go back, but I can't say why.

Back
Top Bottom