• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so this'll be my first battle, so yeah, let's do this!
2vs.2 single for anyone.
Style:Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned moves: Umm, OHKOs, Direct healing? Yeah, sounds reasonable.
Arena:
Let's throw this party at The Pirate Ship "Dark Plague"
This is a ghostly ship, risen from the abyssal seas. It seems to be hundreds of years old, as some parts of it are rotting. It looks empty, but you can feel a ghostly presence, as if someone was staring at you with bloodlust in their eyes. It is said that this ship only appears in the most horrible of storms and only at full moon nights. The scarred masts with the black, shredded sails sends a shiver down your back. In the howling wind you hear a murmur, no, rather a muffled scream from far away. Only those brave or mad enough dare board this ship. Let's go.

It's raining.The ship is made of wood so dig can't be used. Pokemon requiring water to be in can use the ocean.In the storm the ship is rocking like a crazed beast so the speed of grounded pokemon is lowered by 1 and accuracy is lowered by 5% for all moves due to the rocking and the storm. Flying pokemon have speed lowered by 2 due to the harsh winds. There's a 5% chance for grounded pokemon to get struck by lightning per action, causing a 10% damage electric attack, the same applies for flying pokemon but with a 10% chance to get struck. Additionally there's a 10% chance per action for grounded pokemon to step through rotted wood causing the action to be cancelled as it gets up, consuming 10 energy, in return flying pokemon can get blown away, giving the same results. As if that wasn't bad enough there's a 10% chance that Kraken appears at the end of a round and breaks the ship in half. If that happens the match continues with the trainers standing on the two slowly sinking halves of the ship, their pokemon battling on the floating debris.

To summarize: We're on a boat!, Night, raining, -1 to speed and -5% accuracy from moves for grounded pokemon. -2 speed for flying pokemon. 5/10% chance to get hit by 10% damage electric attack for grounded/flying pokemon per action. 10% chance per action for grounded and flying pokemon to get "hindered", using up 10 energy to get back. 10% chance for Kraken to show up each round. Hope it's not too complicated, anything's "skippable".

Challenge accepted! It'll be my first battle too!

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO’s, no direct healing moves, any moves that transfer held items (eg. Fling, Thief, Covet, Trick, etc.)
Arena: The Item Jumbler

This arena is a large, rectangular room, with sufficient space for a typical Pokemon battle. A small pond lines the side of the arena for water types, and the ground is made of soft earth for ground types. The main (and quite noticeable) difference between this room and other arenas is the large machine that is fixed to the ceiling. The machine rumbles loudly, with several dozen items bouncing around inside a huge vacuum chamber. As each Pokemon is sent out, an item shoots out one the many tubes hanging down from the machine for the Pokemon to retrieve. In this match, Pokemon are stuck with whichever held item they get until they either faint or switch out. The items that may come out of the machine are as follows:

Big Root, Destiny Knot, Focus Band, Iron Ball, Lagging Tail, Lax Incense, Mental Herb, Quick Claw, Shed Shell, Smoke Ball, Sticky Barb, White Herb, Absorb Bulb, Air Balloon, Binding Band, Brightpowder, Cell Battery, Focus Sash, Grip Claw, Power Herb, Quickpowder, Rocky Helmet, Scope Lens, Shell Bell, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens, Leftovers, Light Clay, Red Card, and/or Ring Target.

Each item is selected at random for the Pokemon as soon as it’s on the field (the odds of any one specific item coming out are all equal). When a Pokemon faints/switches, a claw extends from the machine to retrieve that Pokemon’s item, and it will not be reused for the remainder of the match. The machine is impervious to all forms of damage, and cannot break.

Other: If a Pokemon already has a held item, it will be temporarily removed at the beginning of the match, and returned once the match is over.

Basically this is just a normal battle with random held items, if you want to be boring about it.

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO’s, no direct healing moves, any moves that transfer held items (eg. Fling, Thief, Covet, Trick, etc.)
Arena: The Item Jumbler

This arena is a large, rectangular room, with sufficient space for a typical Pokemon battle. A small pond lines the side of the arena for water types, and the ground is made of soft earth for ground types. The main (and quite noticeable) difference between this room and other arenas is the large machine that is fixed to the ceiling. The machine rumbles loudly, with several dozen items bouncing around inside a huge vacuum chamber. As each Pokemon is sent out, an item shoots out one the many tubes hanging down from the machine for the Pokemon to retrieve. In this match, Pokemon are stuck with whichever held item they get until they either faint or switch out. The items that may come out of the machine are as follows:

Big Root, Destiny Knot, Focus Band, Iron Ball, Lagging Tail, Lax Incense, Mental Herb, Quick Claw, Shed Shell, Smoke Ball, Sticky Barb, White Herb, Absorb Bulb, Air Balloon, Binding Band, Brightpowder, Cell Battery, Focus Sash, Grip Claw, Power Herb, Quickpowder, Rocky Helmet, Scope Lens, Shell Bell, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens, Leftovers, Light Clay, Red Card, and/or Ring Target.

Each item is selected at random for the Pokemon as soon as it’s on the field (the odds of any one specific item coming out are all equal). When a Pokemon faints/switches, a claw extends from the machine to retrieve that Pokemon’s item, and it will not be reused for the remainder of the match. The machine is impervious to all forms of damage, and cannot break.

Other: If a Pokemon already has a held item, it will be temporarily removed at the beginning of the match, and returned once the match is over.

Basically this is just a normal battle with random held items, if you want to be boring about it.

I've never done a switch-style battle before. I'd like to take you on!

A newb on the prowl for battles!

3v3 Single
DQ: 7 Days
Style: Set
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing, only basic/baby stage Pokemon allowed.
Arena: Generic Arena Place Land

Very eager, impatient and very uncreative battlers had decided to carve out Generic Arena Place Land from the face of mother Earth.

The main battleground is a large, rectangular slab of rock slightly embedded into the ground, about four or five centimeters lower than the rest of the area (nothing a simple hop can't cross), and is covered in a slight layer of dirt. It is surrounded by long stretches of flattened grass that also overhang the lip formed by it being embedded; scratches of moss grow across the rock.

To the slab's left lies a pool springing out of the grass that can be used for water attacks or swimming of any kind, barring incredible quantities of submersion. This pool is surrounded by a somewhat distanced fence, blocks of white wood arranged in a crisscross pattern which etches across the landscape until it completely surrounds the pool and slab, albeit distanced as well. Beyond it lies more grass, and home. Crossing this fence is strictly forbidden, and impossible; as a mysterious psychic force will simply bounce the offender back into the battleground. Nobody is quite sure how they got here in the first place, or how they're going to get out.

---

I like how vbulletin's autocorrect tried to make my slanted commas from Word straight. Nitpicky little bugger xD

Last edited:
A newb on the prowl for battles!

3v3 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing, only basic/baby stage Pokemon allowed.
Arena: Generic Arena Place Land

Very eager, impatient and very uncreative battlers had decided to carve out Generic Arena Place Land from the face of mother Earth.

The main battleground is a large, rectangular slab of rock slightly embedded into the ground, about four or five centimeters lower than the rest of the area (nothing a simple hop can't cross), and is covered in a slight layer of dirt. It is surrounded by long stretches of flattened grass that also overhang the lip formed by it being embedded; scratches of moss grow across the rock.

To the slab's left lies a pool springing out of the grass that can be used for water attacks or swimming of any kind, barring incredible quantities of submersion. This pool is surrounded by a somewhat distanced fence, blocks of white wood arranged in a crisscross pattern which etches across the landscape until it completely surrounds the pool and slab, albeit distanced as well. Beyond it lies more grass, and home. Crossing this fence is strictly forbidden, and impossible; as a mysterious psychic force will simply bounce the offender back into the battleground. Nobody is quite sure how they got here in the first place, or how they're going to get out.

---

I like how vbulletin's autocorrect tried to make my slanted commas from Word straight. Nitpicky little bugger xD

I'll take ya!

2vs2 double
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, perish song, chills limited to 5 per pokémon, direct healers limited to 1 per pokemon
Arena: The backstreets of Asber

The backstreets of Asber are somewhere near the black market. Frequented by the somewhat shadier citizens, this is where pokemon are made to fight without regulation. Broken crates and closed doors litter these particular streets, and darkness envelopes the area. Condemned old buildings overlook the streets, and children are usually told to avoid this area at all costs. Over the years, this area has earned a reputation similar to that of Knockturn Alley (Harry Potter).

Other: Fully-evolved pokemon aren't allowed.

2vs2 double
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, perish song, chills limited to 5 per pokémon, direct healers limited to 1 per pokemon
Arena: The backstreets of Asber

The backstreets of Asber are somewhere near the black market. Frequented by the somewhat shadier citizens, this is where pokemon are made to fight without regulation. Broken crates and closed doors litter these particular streets, and darkness envelopes the area. Condemned old buildings overlook the streets, and children are usually told to avoid this area at all costs. Over the years, this area has earned a reputation similar to that of Knockturn Alley (Harry Potter).

Other: Fully-evolved pokemon aren't allowed.

I still hardly even know how to single-battle, but... why not \o/

1v1 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Self-destruct moves like Explosion, Curse, Destiny Bond, Rain Dance
Damage Cap: None
Arena: Barren, Rocky Desert

Adding to the very diverse area that makes up Asber, there is a completely barren and rocky desert somewhere in its vast land. Within it, there is no water, and no clouds for miles, so any water attacks relying on any amount of water outside of the Pokemon's body will fail, as will Rain Dance and Thunder(since it relies on clouds to call down the electricity). Also, after 3 rounds(1 for water types, 2 for Water/Ground types), all of the battlers will begin to suffer from dehydration, causing 3% damage per action until they faint.

Other: I would prefer to battle somebody I have not battled before.

1v1 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Self-destruct moves like Explosion, Curse, Destiny Bond, Rain Dance
Arena: Barren, Rocky Desert

Adding to the very diverse area that makes up Asber, there is a completely barren and rocky desert somewhere in its vast land. Within it, there is no water, and no clouds for miles, so any water attacks relying on any amount of water outside of the Pokemon's body will fail, as will Rain Dance and Thunder(since it relies on clouds to call down the electricity). Also, after 3 rounds(1 for water types, 2 for Water/Ground types), all of the battlers will begin to suffer from dehydration, causing 3% damage per action until they faint.

Other: I would prefer to battle somebody I have not battled before.

I've never battled you! Taking.

Making an open challenge for anybody....

Type: 3 on 3. Double Batte. Set style
DQ: 3 days
Banned Moves: one-hit kos
Arena: Frost Chamber

A chamber so cold that a human would freeze if they step inside. Instead, they must call attacks above the arena in heated pods. The Pokemon fighting in the chamber itself usually freezes within the first few moments of battle. he arena's affects don't work on fire-types that have a constant flame {like the Char evolution, the Cynda evolution, Magma evolution, ect.} and ice-types.

Other Details: None

Lets see who shall accept this cold challenge...

hehehehehe.......

Last edited:
I throw out my pants challenge!

2 vs. 2 Singles
Disqualification: 7 days
Restrictions: No OHKOs. Only basic/baby stage Pokemon allowed.
Arena: Castelia City Park
Description: Castelia City is the hub of the Unova region, and the park in its centre is a spot of relative calm and tranquility. At least, it usually is. Today, two trainers duke it out in front of the huge fountain (large enough to account for many water type attacks) while a baying crowd urges them on. Clusters of people at each exit from the plaza block any terrestrial exit - the only thing stopping you from flying away is the knowledge that doing so is an extreme dick move.

---

Yes, I like using basics, so sue me!

I throw out my pants challenge!

2 vs. 2 Singles
Restrictions: No OHKOs. Only basic/baby stage Pokemon allowed.
Arena: Castelia City Park
Description: Castelia City is the hub of the Unova region, and the park in its centre is a spot of relative calm and tranquility. At least, it usually is. Today, two trainers duke it out in front of the huge fountain (large enough to account for many water type attacks) while a baying crowd urges them on. Clusters of people at each exit from the plaza block any terrestrial exit - the only thing stopping you from flying away is the knowledge that doing so is an extreme dick move.

---

Yes, I like using basics, so sue me!

Challange accepted!

I yearn for more battles!

1 vs. 1 Singles
Restrictions: No OHKOs. One direct healing move and three chills per Pokemon. Moves that require vast quantities of water, the sky, Only basic/baby stage Pokemon allowed.
Arena: Vertically Challenged Chess

Both trainers and the referee are blindfolded and deposited in a large square room. The walls are dark and black, dredged with shadows but appear glassy and the only spotlight is on a pedestal where the ref is tied up stands upon, out of reach of the trainers and the battlefield.

The battlefield in question flickers into life at the very mention of battle. The trainers are shown a giant sixteen meters by sixteen meters chess board rising out of the inky blackness beneath front of them. The battlers are facing each other upon two elevated, detached pillars (similar to the referees, albeit smaller) near the board, but they don't know it as they are unable to see each other in the dark. The lights are not actually coming from anywhere, except the bright white tiles on the chessboard; which bathe the field in eerie swatches of dark and light. The light plays off far off walls, now revealed to be giant, perfect mirrors and reflect the landscape forever.

The word battle is mentioned again, and the white squares rise out of the board by about eight meters, becoming tall cubic pillars with the grinding of unseen gears amongst the blackened squares beneath. This formation is only temporary, mutters the ref- having been told this information beforehand- as they change every two rounds. The black squares will climb into pillars and the white squares will recede back into their original positions. Before one of the combatants barks out a stream of questions, the referee gingerly highlights the lack of water and the fact that this whole room is indestructible, not even an earthquake will do anything. The referee begins to call to the trainers to send out their Pokemon, but stops hesitantly and shouts one more thing.

Don't fall.

Special Rules:
-The orientation of the board (which squares are raised and which aren't) starts as white raised, black normal and changes every two rounds (to black raised and white normal, for example).
-Pokemon start on the d1 and e8 spots of the field (Reference).
-If a Pokemon falls down into the holes created by the shifting squares, they receive 5% damage, are in a confined space and most attacks will hit them 100% of the time (Fire Blast will most likely hit, Hypnosis requires them to stare into their opponent's eyes, which are very far away). They must wait for the squares to shift if in a hole to be free again. They may do whatever they want to get out, however, but keep in mind everything is indestructible (No Digging through the pillars).
-Any Pokemon trying to fly upwards will find they cannot go higher than 2 meters off the top of the current highest chess square.
-The edges of the chessboard are surrounded by a mysterious barrier that prevents the Pokemon from falling off. The trainer's pillars, however...

I yearn for more battles!

1 vs. 1 Singles
Restrictions: No OHKOs. One direct healing move and three chills per Pokemon. Moves that require vast quantities of water, the sky, Only basic/baby stage Pokemon allowed.
Arena: Vertically Challenged Chess

Both trainers and the referee are blindfolded and deposited in a large square room. The walls are dark and black, dredged with shadows but appear glassy and the only spotlight is on a pedestal where the ref is tied up stands upon, out of reach of the trainers and the battlefield.

The battlefield in question flickers into life at the very mention of battle. The trainers are shown a giant sixteen meters by sixteen meters chess board rising out of the inky blackness beneath front of them. The battlers are facing each other upon two elevated, detached pillars (similar to the referees, albeit smaller) near the board, but they don't know it as they are unable to see each other in the dark. The lights are not actually coming from anywhere, except the bright white tiles on the chessboard; which bathe the field in eerie swatches of dark and light. The light plays off far off walls, now revealed to be giant, perfect mirrors and reflect the landscape forever.

The word battle is mentioned again, and the white squares rise out of the board by about eight meters, becoming tall cubic pillars with the grinding of unseen gears amongst the blackened squares beneath. This formation is only temporary, mutters the ref- having been told this information beforehand- as they change every two rounds. The black squares will climb into pillars and the white squares will recede back into their original positions. Before one of the combatants barks out a stream of questions, the referee gingerly highlights the lack of water and the fact that this whole room is indestructible, not even an earthquake will do anything. The referee begins to call to the trainers to send out their Pokemon, but stops hesitantly and shouts one more thing.

Don't fall.

Special Rules:
-The orientation of the board (which squares are raised and which aren't) starts as white raised, black normal and changes every two rounds (to black raised and white normal, for example).
-Pokemon start on the d1 and e8 spots of the field (Reference).
-If a Pokemon falls down into the holes created by the shifting squares, they receive 5% damage, are in a confined space and most attacks will hit them 100% of the time (Fire Blast will most likely hit, Hypnosis requires them to stare into their opponent's eyes, which are very far away). They must wait for the squares to shift if in a hole to be free again. They may do whatever they want to get out, however, but keep in mind everything is indestructible (No Digging through the pillars).
-Any Pokemon trying to fly upwards will find they cannot go higher than 2 meters off the top of the current highest chess square.
-The edges of the chessboard are surrounded by a mysterious barrier that prevents the Pokemon from falling off. The trainer's pillars, however...

Challenge so incredibly accepted~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom