• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Things that ARE NOT Pokemon yet.

i thought that was sableye???

To be honest, I found the Kuchisake-onna on the Internet without looking for anything in particular, and I decided she could be Mawile's sister. A Dark-type with a Steel-type weapon being a counterpart to a Steel-type with a Dark-type weapon and stuff like that.

EDIT: And as for Sableye being lonely, they already did that to Victreebel. And Scyther is still Pinsir's counterpart even though Scizor exists.

Last edited:
I thought Heracross was Pinsir's countepart?

Scyther is Pinsir's counter-exclusive in Diamond, as it was in Kanto.

EDIT: It might not belong here, but I have some Shellos/Gastrodon-based ideas:
1) A yellow one. There are pink Shellos in the west and blue ones in the east, but Sinnoh has three parts, of which each one has one of the three Great Lakes. Each of the official forms of Shellos resembles the legendary of it's area by color, so the North Sea Shellos should be yellow. The only problem is that Ground-types that aren't part Ice hate Ice-type areas, but that can be solved by making this form of Gastrodon Ice instead of Ground. I imagine its back being frozen into some kind of shell, and the offensive and defensive stats should be switched.
2) An Ancientpower evolution. Gastrodon's Pokédex entry says that its distant ancestor had a shell, so there could be a sea snail evolution that would be the same for all forms. And a Rock-type. The most appropriate color combination is probably brown and gray.

EDIT: And I just came up with the idea that the Kuchisake-onna I mentioned earlier should be covering her mouth with her hair. Because Mawile's monster mouth can be disguised as a huge ponytail, and the Dark-type counterpart should look somewhat similar, so let's give her long hair and give it some importance!

Last edited:
Sorry for sort of bumping, but I just feel like sharing a couple of ideas ^^'

Anyway, we need a faun. For example something like ground/grass typing, learns grasswhistle and such...

Second thought: An electric (bumble) bee, that collects pollen with static electricity. (they actually sort of do that in real life, so, yeah).

A fighting type more based off a warrior kind of thing instead of martial artists and body builders. I mean like a KNIGHT. or a SAMURAI. Gallade/Hariyama. Also, ignore my idea below seeing as it doesn't matter due to the face there's already a knight Pokemon.

Thinking it would be kind of like something that looks kind of like a squire, and then it evolves and it's wearing armor with the helmet open/off. Maybe we could cross it and make it be an animal too just for the lulz. It uses a sword, but starts with like a training one and then a "real" one after evolving. Fighting -> Steel/Fighting like Lucario. Signature move: Blade Flurry - Steel - Physical - 80 Power/100% Acc. - Slashes multiple times with a blade-like weapon. 10% chance to either Flinch.

Last edited:
A fighting type more based off a warrior kind of thing instead of martial artists and body builders. I mean like a KNIGHT.

There's Gallade already.

And we need an actual trilobite. Water/Rock or whatever, and I don't know what its counterpart would be.

There's Gallade already.

I guess you skipped my idea because I forgot about Gallade and because there's a knight it doesn't matter.

Well, then. Since that idea was HORRIBLY shot down, I've got nothing. Inanimate objects as Pokemon = *shoots self*, More plants = I can't think of anything, and they've done a lot of animals and most of the others I'd think of were in that list or listed by someone else.

Um... Bleeding Heart (the flower) Pokemon? Grass/Ghost?

We need more conceptual Pokémon.

Like a Pokémon based on memory, with superawesome stats but an ability that means it has a 5 (and then 10 and then 15 as it evolves)% chance of any attack failing because the Pokémon forget how to use the move in battle. It would be Normal/Psychic.

And stuff like that.

We need more conceptual Pokémon.

Like a Pokémon based on memory, with superawesome stats but an ability that means it has a 5 (and then 10 and then 15 as it evolves)% chance of any attack failing because the Pokémon forget how to use the move in battle. It would be Normal/Psychic.

And stuff like that.

You do realise how oddly annoying that would be in battle.

GO <insert name here>
Use Psychic
Use Psychic
<insert name here> forgot how to use Psychic

Player reaction:
66.png

Back
Top Bottom